• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arment

They've been doing maintenance. That may be the culprit.

tycoonheart said:
Holy shit, this game is insanely awesome.

Yeah. I think more than the graphics I'm enjoying the ambience and sound. Really well done.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
-Yeti said:
You could do that in the Beta too. It worked well with the 870.

It was funny as hell, but if it isn't fixed soon, it's gonna get to Gustav levels of annoying... Well, maybe not.
Can't you do that in real life?

Not to mention, what's the big problem? You can kill people with a UMP45 from across the map. Why is it unfair to get a kill from half the map away with some fatty ass slug that would take out an entire lung IRL? ;)

Arment said:
They've been doing maintenance. That may be the culprit.

Yeah. I think more than the graphics I'm enjoying the ambience and sound. Really well done.

I've only played the campaign so far and I'm just blown away by how well the game is able to portray the insanity of war (not that I would know anything about it). This is also my first Battlefield game since Battlefield Vietnam, so I've missed out on a few games in the series.

Demon Ice

Banned
Just finished the campaign. Noticed
everyone's favorite VA, Nolan North
in the credits.

I also thought the campaign was excellent. Didn't feel like it was dragging on, didn't feel like it was rushing, story tied up very nicely IMO. Good stuff.

Demon Ice

Banned
tycoonheart said:
Wow that was quick. How long did it take you? Did you play it on easy?

Played it on normal, I'd say it took 5-6 hours.

Edit: I was also very pleasantly surprised, my aging 5770 actually gave me all Ultra settings + HBAO, 16x AF, and medium FXAA at 1680x1050 and it was easily playable all the way through. Not 60 fps constant but very smooth.

Arment

Looks like the PC release has been moved to midnight for EST. Saw this on the EA forums.

capturexpt.png

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Guys... um... holy fucking shit at the jet mission in the campaign.

How is no one talking about this? I think that was one of the standouts missions/on-rail sections of this entire generation. The visuals are MIND-BLOWING. Just... fuck.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
MrOogieBoogie said:

How is no one talking about this? I think that was one of the standouts missions/on-rail sections of this entire generation. The visuals are MIND-BLOWING. Just... fuck.
I'm dreading this mission. Watching it on youtube made me a bit queezy, as i get motion sickness fairly easily.

DanielJr82

Debating whether or not I should go for the midnight release. I just got home (10:30 PM EST), I'm dead tired, have to wake up at 5AM tomorrow... but I don't want to miss out on any potential goodies from the midnight release. (Gamestop for myself, BestBuy for my brother.) Anybody know if they're going to hand stuff like they did in Gears 3? I got a free beanie out of that. :)

Izayoi said:
Battlelog is neat. I love the real-time updates for everything.

Battlelog has been great for me. I was worried it would be completely fucked at launch (well, this TOS issue is goddamned frustrating) but finding servers is so damned fast.

woober

MrOogieBoogie said:

My favorite mission by far.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Izayoi said:
Battlelog is neat. I love the real-time updates for everything.

Yeah I really like it. My only real gripe is the fact that it forgets your server sorting priority when you refresh. Pretty annoying having to click the ping column every single time.

aperman

Neo Member
My HD crashed last week trying to upgrade to OS X Lion on my Mac Pro.

Just got the replacement HD. Today has been a day of installs. First OS X Snow Leopard, then Lion. Soon, Windows 7 and then lastly Battlefield 3.

I probably won't need to do the VPN trick by the time everything is all settled.

And yes, feel free to lol at my Apple machine breaking - OS X Lion is a piece of shit.

Still...hyped!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Bamelin said:
Bamelin said:
I have a I5 2500k and a Nividia 560GTX 560ti twin frozer ii, 1024mb gddr5 overclocked to 880 MHz. Lots of ram (6 or 8 gigs I think).

Can I run on ultra?
I thought this would be enough for ultra when I upgraded in the summer but now I'm not so sure ....
Dude are you talking to yourself?
Bamelin said:
Sorry guys not to be a nag but I'm desperate to know. Will a 560 gtx OC to 880 MHz on an i52500k ... 6 gigs ram (might be 8 actually). .... Ultra yes or no?
Bamelin said:
*happy dance*Should I turn on anti aliasing, v sync, etc?
How do you not know how much Ram you have?.....Nonetheless,
to answer your question.
Will you be able to run the game on ULTRA? Yes.
Will you be able to run the game on ULTRA well? NO.

Unless you are happy with 20 - 40 frames that is.

I suggest you play the game with a mix of Ultra and High.....let the game auto decide for you, and if you think your card can pull more then go up slowly.

I highly highly doubt your 560 will be comfortable with the game on full Ultra also considering its a 1GB model.
Without AntiAliasing this game chews up about 950mb of VRam.

Bamelin said:
My native resolution is 1920x1024 ... Does that have an effect?

Not really, Battlefield 3 doesnt even support 1920 x 1024 (Correct me if im wrong)

Garrus Vakarian said:
Damn Australian release dates, such a pain.

Korean VPN trick....im not waiting for the damn Australian release date.
What logical reason do they have for having the aussie street date be later huh?

P.S Internode is running a Hardcore server, and so far everyone is playing the game for the objective.....i never really got that in the Beta, there was always a bunch of guys who wanted to fuck around....right now it seems to be people who all know how to win the game.

mcrae

rar said:
is there any way to just play on a map by yourself? i just want to fly around in a jet...

this. i havent gotten a chance to fly a jet yet, and ive crashed both helicopters ive piloted. need practice :/

kuYuri

At a Best Buy midnight launch, first in line. Pretty surprised that I'm first, although I did pass by a GameStop and saw around 4-5 people.

Kahoona

mcrae said:
this. i havent gotten a chance to fly a jet yet, and ive crashed both helicopters ive piloted. need practice :/
Play the co-op mission to practice helicopters. Oh, and wired 360 pads work beautifully with the choppers.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
MrOogieBoogie said:

It was a beautiful damn level, i too am somewhat shocked nobody is talking about it....i guess because the mission as a whole isnt all that great.
People arent as graphic whore-ish as they used to be?

Strider2K99 said:
At a Best Buy midnight launch, first in line. Pretty surprised that I'm first, although I did pass by a GameStop and saw around 4-5 people.

Korean VPN trick, so everyone is at home playing?

Eric WK said:
Haven't people been playing multiplayer on consoles for days now?

lol
Yes

Edit: Some people that just got the game "This is the first time I've gotten in a lobby with Americans" lol Maybe the browser is for the "tech savy" people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom