• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Do you know that one pubbie who sits at the bottom on the score list, always sniping on some dumb rock and finishes the round with 4 kills and 13 deaths? This is that guy. Spends half his time as recon and his kpm with the snipe rifle is .17.

Well he did spend the last 30 hours trying to achieve this.

Damn fucking Origin. Been trying to download this 4gb patch for two days, first time it was almost done when I paused it for something, come back to it and it drops down to 1% complete and it started downloading the ENTIRE GAME again. WTF. Tried a couple more times and it seems like if there's any interruption where you have to pause the dl and come back it doesn't save anything. I must've downloaded 8gb for this fucking patch already and have nothing to show for it. Now I'm downloading from some external source at 60kbps.

"But but I don't get the hate for Origin!"

The fact that it could be done for ANY map was a huge fail. Valparaiso had no destructible building crates, but had two sets that could easily be rocket sniped. That instantly makes the map a little shitty, IMO.

if you wanna get technical, every M-COM on Valparaiso can get long range hit from 40MM GL, 9 can get long range RPG'd, 7 can get Tank sniped and 6 can get Stationary AT'D, assuming the defenders just let the attackers chip away at them...

Yes. Camp the M-Com as a defender.
Great. Just managed two that last round. Only got them right at the end and camped out the whole game. This is going to be fun, crazy how hard it seems to actually get 4.

Edit: I say the above and get it the next round. So close to not getting it too. After the third, some guy in my team insisted on sitting right on top of me and drawing attention to my spot. 2 tickets left and I got number 4.

mcp

Neo Member
The last ribbon I need is M-COM defender. Do I need to kill people as they are setting the charge?

I think you just have to kill people in the vicinity of the M-COM when defending. I don't think they have to actually be trying to plant. Just close to it. Could be wrong but I am sure that I have got it after shooting people who were still running towards the M-COM.

J-Rock

Banned
The MAV killing is getting ridiculous. My two favorite maps are Sienne and Metro, and both are just infested with kiddies ram-rodding people.

I've seen DICE comment on it, and say its not intended, but there's no changes taking plus thus far? It's making me want to uninstall.

Um... nevermind.

if you wanna get technical, every M-COM on Valparaiso can get long range hit from 40MM GL, 9 can get long range RPG'd, 7 can get Tank sniped and 6 can get Stationary AT'D, assuming the defenders just let the attackers chip away at them...

You mean, assuming that the defenders actually defend the objectives? As opposed to running into the attackers head on to get rid of the 2-3 guys heroically rocket spamming the objectives.

In the PS3 patch and the upcoming PC and 360 version. Have the torches been nerfed? I fuckin' despise them more than anything else. And since the IRNV got toned down, I'm guessing the torches did also. Please let be so.

Pennybags

1st off, take off the dynamic max player slot thing. seeing 2/4 players for a server turns you away completely, doesnt matter if it gets bigger once ppl join or not.

The adjustable player cap is there TO get more players. It's there to get randoms through quick-join.

Without it, we wouldn't have been able to get matches in the previous nights.

1st off, take off the dynamic max player slot thing. seeing 2/4 players for a server turns you away completely, doesnt matter if it gets bigger once ppl join or not.

We had it at 0/64 for a while, but used the dynamic player count (same as chapel's server) to help populate via Quickmatch:

To expand on that:

The plug-in works by dynamically raising the maximum amount of players in the server, to basically game the quick join system. Quick join works by filling up servers that are already almost nearing capacity. So if you are at 4 max, and you have 2 players, it will see that it's 50% full and send quick joiners your way. When you hit 3, it will go up to 6, and so on and so forth until 64 players have joined the server.

It seems like the server being kind of empty is a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. People see that no one is in there, so they don't join, causing no one to be in there. We've got to get over that hump (hopefully Karkand will help).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431149

Best Story? Better than MW3

lol! Hilarious joke.

That bullshit SP was so fucking unoriginal and trite. Never mind the terrible firefights and amazing all seeing 100% accuracy enemies. CoD's SP story and game play were so much better than BF3's by a long shot. The story in BF3 makes MW3's seem Oscar-Worthy in comparison.
They're both equally terrible, although in different ways. Not everyone enjoys MW batshit insane story.

Smash88

Banned
I REALLY FUCKING LOVE ORIGIN RIGHT NOW! BEST THING FUCKING EVER!

I finish my exams, and come home to this fucking garbage, I am beyond pissed off.

gkAc3.jpg

EDIT: I scoured the internet, and by chance I found a problem from back at launch, gotta go to ProgramData>ElectronicArts>Licenses and delete one of the licenses, I did both and put back the one that it wasn't. Thank god for that person on the bf3 forums. Garbage Origins, I hate you.

sp3000

We had it at 0/64 for a while, but used the dynamic player count (same as chapel's server) to help populate via Quickmatch:

Teamsync VOIP is a requirement for any server I play now. Much superior to any other solution and the servers without it are just a mess of no coordination.

And B2K really won't help the server when every other time I join one team is getting completely stacked into oblivion by the other. Maybe more constant admin monitoring is necessary but as I said Teamsync is amazing and really changes the game.

You mean, assuming that the defenders actually defend the objectives? As opposed to running into the attackers head on to get rid of the 2-3 guys heroically rocket spamming the objectives.

yeah, assuming a few of the people can take a break from chilling in their tents and go kill some enemies. honestly, it wasn't really a problem in BC2, even with UAV attacks, once you see it happen, you consider it as another way the opposing team might use to win and factor it into your defense.

Teamsync VOIP is a requirement for any server I play now. Much superior to any other solution and the servers without it are just a mess of no coordination.

And B2K really won't help the server when every other time I join one team is getting completely stacked into oblivion by the other. Maybe more constant admin monitoring is necessary but as I said Teamsync is amazing and really changes the game.

We're looking into Teamsync, and tonight we installed a balancer based on SPM that maintains squads, even if switched to the other team. Should help with stacking.

demolitio

I said this in the other thread but I'll echo that statement here as well. I think that's turned me off from the server many times, especially when I didn't (nor will most players) know what the hell the dynamic player count thing was on first glance and then slowly picked up what it was. Most random players aren't going to check back in on a server more than once so if they see 4/8, then they won't know any different unless they see the server some other time with a different player count.

I don't know if getting quick match people made it more popular, but it's weird under the server browser. Best way in my opinion is to build a community and keep it 64 rather than hoping for quick match people to populate it because they'll just use quick match in the future instead of coming back.

Just my opinion. I didn't get a response to what the dynamic thing was in the other thread but if you're asking for opinions in this thread, that's mine.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I said this in the other thread but I'll echo that statement here as well. I think that's turned me off from the server many times, especially when I didn't (nor will most players) know what the hell the dynamic player count thing was on first glance and then slowly picked up what it was. Most random players aren't going to check back in on a server more than once so if they see 4/8, then they won't know any different unless they see the server some other time with a different player count.

I don't know if getting quick match people made it more popular, but it's weird under the server browser. Best way in my opinion is to build a community and keep it 64 rather than hoping for quick match people to populate it because they'll just use quick match in the future instead of coming back.

Just my opinion. I didn't get a response to what the dynamic thing was in the other thread but if you're asking for opinions in this thread, that's mine.

Same here every time I see that 0/4 or whatever it is I ignore it and wait until I see the server actually populated. Also are quick matchers really that big of a boost? I kno I'm generalizing but with server browsers I would think most people would find the server through the browser and filters. At least I rarely if ever use quick match if its available in game with a server browser.

mr_nothin

Banned

You're missing out on tons of people who are only ticking the 64 player option in the server filters (like myself). I would say that most of the PC crowd are using filters to help them find a server & not quick match. Like demolitio said, build a community that will play on the server regularly and have it on their favorites list. Build that community by offering services that most other servers dont....like server teamspeak voip, admins that are present at just about all times, add a "Welcome *insert player name*" messege when people join so others will know when a friend (or foe) has joined.

Adding a few RUSH maps in wouldnt hurt either. I'd say have the same 4 conquest maps that you already have and add like 2 RUSH maps to give people a break and to allow the server to be searchable/seen by people who only search for servers on RUSH maps.

Deadly

You're missing out on tons of people who are only ticking the 64 player option in the server filters (like myself). I would say that most of the PC crowd are using filters to help them find a server & not quick match. Like demolitio said, build a community that will play on the server regularly and have it on their favorites list. Build that community by offering services that most other servers dont....like server teamspeak voip, admins that are present at just about all times, add a "Welcome *insert player name*" messege when people join so others will know when a friend (or foe) has joined.

Adding a few RUSH maps in wouldnt hurt either. I'd say have the same 4 conquest maps that you already have and add like 2 RUSH maps to give people a break and to allow the server to be searchable/seen by people who only search for servers on RUSH maps.
64 player Rush is kinda bad. 32 player is fine though but if you're on a 64 player server and it switches it'll basically kick half the server.

Had an amazing game just now that showed how powerful the SOFLAM can be. It was Kharg island rush, and this guy was spotting nonstop with it. Using the Javellin I had two guys feeding me ammo boxes, and took down three helicopters, two Thunderbolts, and for most of the matcfh had their entire fleet of armoured vehicles either dead or floating disabled in the water. Why the hell don't more people do this!?

Zeppelin

Had an amazing game just now that showed how powerful the SOFLAM can be. It was Kharg island rush, and this guy was spotting nonstop with it. Using the Javellin I had two guys feeding me ammo boxes, and took down three helicopters, two Thunderbolts, and for most of the matcfh had their entire fleet of armoured vehicles either dead or floating disabled in the water. Why the hell don't more people do this!?

Because the Javelin has been shit up until the most recent patch and it requires team work. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You apparently can't kill prone people with the skid loader.

SMH.

Five times I've had the stars align in getting a roadkill with it only for them to side-step it and shoot me in the back of the machine. WTF. Or that prone kill which pushes them around only for them to get up and shoot me in the face.

Hate hate hate this achievement. :| Don't want to play Conquest. Don't want to play on nerfed Wake (outside of Rush) so why do I have to be forced to do it for this. ARGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom