• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So, I'm playing 360, and got about 50hrs in MP at this point.. primarily all Conquest.

anyone else fucking hate Noshahr Canals as much as I do? What a poorly designed, unbalanced map.

Spl1nter

So, I'm playing 360, and got about 50hrs in MP at this point.. primarily all Conquest.

anyone else fucking hate Noshahr Canals as much as I do? What a poorly designed, unbalanced map.

US is pretty dominanat on that map for whatever reason. I think it half the stationary AA on the carrier and half having the amtrac. However a good Russian team has 3 points a bit easier as they are slightly uphill.

US is pretty dominanat on that map for whatever reason. I think it half the stationary AA on the carrier and half having the amtrac. However a good Russian team has 3 points a bit easier as they are slightly uphill.

Yep. Makes it really easy for the US to base rape the Russians since Russians can't even go much far to begin with.

They need to move the carrier further away.

Virzeth

MK_4's chopper video is the only vehicle video in episode 3 of top 10 plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fwgR1GbYc
Mk_4's? According to his BattleLog page he's German, while the writings in BlackJedLV's HUD are in cyrillic. [Edit]Found him, he's Latvian.[/Edit]

Yep. Makes it really easy for the US to base rape the Russians since Russians can't even go much far to begin with.

They need to move the carrier further away.
Seems like a good time as any to complain here, they're asking for feedback after all.

Demize99 said:
Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
I have yet to unlock them, do they work as AA too, with or without laser painting?

Divius

I keep asking-no-BEGGING my team to either paint targets or shoot at my painted targets. NO ONE LISTENS. I want to stab/choke something.

Same here every time I see that 0/4 or whatever it is I ignore it and wait until I see the server actually populated. Also are quick matchers really that big of a boost? I kno I'm generalizing but with server browsers I would think most people would find the server through the browser and filters. At least I rarely if ever use quick match if its available in game with a server browser.

You're missing out on tons of people who are only ticking the 64 player option in the server filters (like myself). I would say that most of the PC crowd are using filters to help them find a server & not quick match. Like demolitio said, build a community that will play on the server regularly and have it on their favorites list. Build that community by offering services that most other servers dont....like server teamspeak voip, admins that are present at just about all times, add a "Welcome *insert player name*" messege when people join so others will know when a friend (or foe) has joined.

Adding a few RUSH maps in wouldnt hurt either. I'd say have the same 4 conquest maps that you already have and add like 2 RUSH maps to give people a break and to allow the server to be searchable/seen by people who only search for servers on RUSH maps.

I'll talk with the other admins. The dynamic player count plugin has/had been working well to get the server populated, but we haven't had much luck the past two nights, though oddly enough we got it populated earlier in the week.

I don't think we'll be adding Rush maps in, though. If we did, it would have to be maps that worked well with 64 players (lol).

Also stacked teams kill a server faster than anything from my experiences. Is it possible to scramble squads? That worked brilliantly in BC2.

We have an autobalancer in place as of last night. During a live round, it will autobalance based on the last player who joined, but at the end of a round, it will balance based on SPM, while keeping squads intact. I agree completely, having the teams stacked, especially with what looks like the GAF "clan", is discouraging.

Also force squads in the server!

We don't want to force squads, a big reason being there is no way to disable private squads. Because there are 8 squads, max, if anyone makes one private, then someone is screwed. We are going to install a "nag" script that will tell lone-wolfers (only) to squad up, though.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! If you have any other ideas, let us know.

The video I saw where they were planting C4 @ 25 tickets, the tower didn't actually go down till it reached 20. I don't think they were the ones to do it.

There is a vid somewhere with it collapsing at 23 or 24 tickets as a helicopter shoots it down. I think some gaffers actually did their own testing/mythbusting, too.

There is a vid somewhere with it collapsing at 23 or 24 tickets as a helicopter shoots it down. I think some gaffers actually did their own testing/mythbusting, too.

Well, I don't know what to think anymore, this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-1MmrQ6Y2E

It falls at 25, not 10 or 20, with the normal script sequence (explosions around the wires).

This one though is again at 20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzAtyA4pLQ

I'm starting to think it falls randomly between 10-30

Oh my fucking God, Conquest is full of idiots. On Damavand Peak, some retard decides to use our jeep to capture our starting point. Motherfucker, take that shit to B! Same thing happens in Metro, where my entire team desperately wants a free 200 points instead of rushing the center cap point.

Why are people so dumb?

Spl1nter

Oh my fucking God, Conquest is full of idiots. On Damavand Peak, some retard decides to use our jeep to capture our starting point. Motherfucker, take that shit to B! Same thing happens in Metro, where my entire team desperately wants a free 200 points instead of rushing the center cap point.

Why are people so dumb?

You are playing on Damavand and Metro and are complaining about the player base you find on those two maps. You should blame self for playing on those maps.

This world that we live in. There are approximately 6500 people playing 64 player metro right now on pc.

Edit: Supposedly 109 000 players online at the moment on PC. Thats more than PS3 (106 000) and 360 (90 000). If the game was on Steam it would be the 2nd most popular, after Skyrim at 126 000. Pretty impressive numbers still considering a month and a half after release.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Best Story? Better than MW3

lol! Hilarious joke.

That bullshit SP was so fucking unoriginal and trite. Never mind the terrible firefights and amazing all seeing 100% accuracy enemies. CoD's SP story and game play were so much better than BF3's by a long shot. The story in BF3 makes MW3's seem Oscar-Worthy in comparison.
That's like arguing over which ass smells better.

You are playing on Damavand and Metro and are complaining about the player base you find on those two maps. You should blame self for playing on those maps.

It's not like I have much of a choice on 360, where the server browser is little more than glorified matchmaking. It doesn't have nearly the same amount of options as the PC version, so I can't look for a Kharg/Caspian/Firestorm server. I'm stuck with the normal rotation servers, so I have to take the bad along with the good.

Megasoum

Banned
BTW Guys... The official Battlefield twitter account posted that earlier:

Be sure to tune in to the @SPIKE_TV VGAs at 8PM EST / 5PM PST http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011 #BF3 FTW!

!!!

Obviously can't be Karkand since it's pratictly out. The only thing I can think of is the next exp pack!!! Go Go "Back to 2142" please!

EDIT: Ooops I just realized that the game is nominated for some awards so this might be the reason... I hope it's more than that!

BTW Guys... The official Battlefield twitter account posted that earlier:

!!!

Obviously can't be Karkand since it's pratictly out. The only thing I can think of is the next exp pack!!! Go Go "Back to 2142" please!

What I would give for some 2142 maps with conquest assault, as well as an aircraft carrier based Titan mode. Those maps were a ton of fun, Camp Gibraltar, Suez Canal, Sidi Power Plant, and Highway Tampa would all work well with BF3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can you not exit out of the MAV anymore once it's deployed? I have been mashing on every button and it won't let me out...

Er-you sure you're pressing the cancel/get-out-of-vehicle button? (B/O on 360/PS3, whatever on PC)

Maybe it's lag. I haven't ever been stuck in the MAV.

One thing that seems to have been changed by the last patch is that you can now hit other air vehicles with the helicopter tv missiles. Had a deliciously oldskool battle against another lone guy on an empty map, seat switching and using tvs just like the old BF2 days. This will inevitably shake up higher level play once more people are hip to it.

Something else I discovered is that there is a map bug on Canals. If you fly low over a certain point near the ship and crane on the far right side of the level (by the big hanger thing) there is what I can only describe as an invisible forcefield that kills you. It's definitely NOT from crashing into scenery or the crane, I've tried it several times with both the scout and attack helicopters. You cross a certain point at a certain altitude and the vehicle just instantly explodes.

Wthermans

Banned
inept? they're pretty ept! more like ignorant.

Inept can mean incompetent/irrational....

Something else I discovered is that there is a map bug on Canals. If you fly low over a certain point near the ship and crane on the far right side of the level (by the big hanger thing) there is what I can only describe as an invisible forcefield that kills you. It's definitely NOT from crashing into scenery or the crane, I've tried it several times with both the scout and attack helicopters. You cross a certain point at a certain altitude and the vehicle just instantly explodes.

I noticed this on Kharg the other day too. I was screwing around and took a boat from the carrier to see if I could reach some of the destroyers out at sea. Right as I was about to get near one of them, my boat exploded. No out of bounds message or anything. Just boom.

B2K is out on the 13th.
My ISP is killing my internet for 24 hours on the 13th.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

Also I'm about to hit rank 50, and I realized you get a dog tag for a change. Is that a steady thing, I.E. dogtag every 5 levels after 45, or does it slow down after that?

Spl1nter

B2K is out on the 13th.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

Also I'm about to hit rank 50, and I realized you get a dog tag for a change. Is that a steady thing, I.E. dogtag every 5 levels after 45, or does it slow down after that?

I am guessing every 5 levels.

scogoth

B2K is out on the 13th.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

Not every 5.

5, 10, 25, 50 and 100
Same for all the vehicle and kit service stars. Weapon service stars only matter up to 5.

Hellcrow

Found a rush server with double attacking tickets and insta-respawn. Basically, rush has a HUGE disadvantage, especially on Kharg. However, me and my friend started using the Soflam+Jav combo, and by the end we had 2-3 Soflams and 4-5 jav engies. EVERY vehicle got destroyed fast, but goddamn that was a hectic round. Managed to win on the second set, after many, many defuses.

Yeah, another vote for SOFLAM. Had a round on caspian rush where the other team DEMOLISHED us attack using SOFLAM and javellins. Like we barely got out of our base. I ended up flying the Huey and had to stay at near mximum altitude due to TWO SOFLAMS spotting us all the time.

So the next round comes on with us in defence. Naturally everyone is going to copy the other team, yeah? My Javellin is ready. No one puts up a soflam. So I go sniper and do it. No one has the Javellin. We lose the first position in just over two minutes. At the other two we get completely fucked over by their Huey. He inevitably gets bored of my SOFLAM beeping at him all the time and flies like inches off the ground to easily kill me and it while my team fires RPGs wildly at him. Fuck this game.

Then again to be fair the next map is Grand Bazaar, and within the first three minutes someone abandons our APC so the other team get it and we spend the entire map dying repeatedly in spawn as two APCs demolish everything. With players like that, I had no chance.

scogoth

I still for the life of me can't figure out how to control a jet/helicopter properly with mouse and keyboard.

Turn the sensitivity down and try making very slow controlled movements with the mouse. Don't over commit to one direction, its like a hover craft, you have to make changes in direction before you actually want to change direction. Other than that just practice lots on empty servers. NeoGAF Alpha is usually empty (unfortunately) and is 1 player start.

Is there any kind of fix for long load times on PC? It must take 2-3 minutes most of the time. Back in the alpha and beta I was amazed at how quickly it loaded for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom