• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Metro, no grenades/m320/rockets, hardcore, 1000 tickets. Strangely it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
is it unranked to enforce no use of those weapons?

It's ranked. I believe they rely on admins to boot people out.

Oh, and FF is on. The only problem is that retards step in front of you and then you shoot them and then they choose to punish you.

Spl1nter

I like this facebook status thing on battlelog:

"If its so damn bright outside why dosent your soldier wear sunglasses?"

I posted it as a joke and than I realized it made sense.

I've only played 5 hours or so on PC compared to the 81 I've poured in to 360. I love both versions of the game but I play 360 because that's where all my friends play.

Just had my first (I think) round on the GAF server. I know we all know this already, but how much better this game is on PC is just unreal. The extra flags on Kharg Island make the whole map that more interesting. 64 players allows the fight to be so spread out and still not feel bare. 1000 tickets and just wow. Wish my buddies would just get PCs already. Done okay for my first PC round in a while. Top of our team, 2nd all in.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9676299/1/174433338/

Edit: What settings are on the GAF server? I know the HUD with health and ammo is missing, what other settings are on there?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So that's Tuesday at 5:00 A.M. EST for 360?

Unlike American PSN: Yes.

Also Cannister Shells, you guys have been talking about them like their devastating. I just unlocked them. Any videos/tips to use them? Because I'm not too sure I want to give up my Guided/Aimed Tank shell two-hit disable combo.

I also got a two-hit tank shell kill on a transport chopper on BOTH gunners. That was amusing to see.

Unlike American PSN: Yes.

Also Cannister Shells, you guys have been talking about them like their devastating. I just unlocked them. Any videos/tips to use them? Because I'm not too sure I want to give up my Guided/Aimed Tank shell two-hit disable combo.

I also got a two-hit tank shell kill on a transport chopper on BOTH gunners. That was amusing to see.

they're best for anti-infantry, not really what you'd want to use on a map with air vehicles and lots of other tanks.

TheSeks

they're best for anti-infantry, not really what you'd want to use on a map with air vehicles and lots of other tanks.

So... like... every map ever, then?

The LAV's don't get them, right? I could see it being more useful than the wire-guided missile there.

aznpxdd

It's ranked. I believe they rely on admins to boot people out.

Oh, and FF is on. The only problem is that retards step in front of you and then you shoot them and then they choose to punish you.

Aw hell no...Metro with FF on sounds like a nightmare.

akira28

Say, if someone's Jet is listed as No Weapon in the kill screen, yet it's been blowing you out of the sky with heat seeks, is that potentially a hack?

Also...why is Jet so fucking difficult? Not to fly, but to not die within the first 30 seconds?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Say, if someone's Jet is listed as No Weapon in the kill screen, yet it's been blowing you out of the sky with heat seeks, is that potentially a hack?

Also...why is Jet so fucking difficult? Not to fly, but to not die within the first 30 seconds?
Only thing I can figure is that DICE balanced the jets health around their BF2 offensive capabilities and then hit them with a giant nerf bat by taking out dumb bombs.

COME AT ME BRO
from 900m away
Mildots.jpg

Launcher itself. You need to get kills with it to get the smoke variant.

The grenade launcher is called the underslung rail in this game, right? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shoot a grenade when I have it equipped on my weapon. I tried switching between fire modes, pressing up on the d-pad, nothing.

CatPee

The grenade launcher is called the underslung rail in this game, right? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shoot a grenade when I have it equipped on my weapon. I tried switching between fire modes, pressing up on the d-pad, nothing.

Nah, the rail just allows the M320/M26 MASS to be directly attached to the gun, though some guns don't support it, suck as the AEK-971. I don't really see a point to it though, since switching to an attachment that's not slung onto the gun is just as fast.

TheSeks

What? No. It REQUIRES that, yes. But you need to attach the M320 as Perk 1 for it to be used. You have to rank up to unlock that option, though.

AFAIK you can't equip it as a separate weapon despite DICE advertising it as such in the description on Battlelog. Good reason for that: It's kinda broken if you have a support nearby and are good at lobbing it at people and places to get splash/direct-damage kills. Bunch of double-kills near A->C Seine Conquest, for instance.

los

What? No. It REQUIRES that, yes. But you need to attach the M320 as Perk 1 for it to be used. You have to rank up to unlock that option, though.

AFAIK you can't equip it as a separate weapon despite DICE advertising it as such in the description on Battlelog. Good reason for that: It's kinda broken if you have a support nearby and are good at lobbing it at people and places to get splash/direct-damage kills. Bunch of double-kills near A->C Seine Conquest, for instance.

You can definitely equip it without the underslung rail. Thats the only way you can use it when you're using guns like the F2000, which don't have the rail as an option. I think it takes longer to switch to it if you're not using the rail, which makes sense since you're doing more than tilting your gun up and flipping up the sight.

You also trade out your medkit for it.

scogoth

You can equip it even without the the underslung rail, it can be used stand alone as a separate weapon but the switch time is greater than if it was directly attached.

scogoth

Shameless plug and double post

WELCOME BACK BF3 PLAYERS!
BACK TO KARKAND!

Time to take a break from Skyrim and join us on Tuesday December 13th for Back to Karkand! We will be hosting all the new maps on our ranked server and encourage all of you to come out. For the BF2 vets this is a trip back to the good ol' days and for newcomers its a time to discover what made the Battlefield series so legendary. Remember to add the GAF tag to your name and get mumble setup!

REMEMBER: Favourite the NeoGAF server and play as often as you can on it! Especially with low player count we need people to help seed the server so contribute to the community and play on the NeoGAF BF3 server!

LINKS

BF3 PC Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442227

BF3 PC Europe Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449910

BF3 Console Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449638&highlight=battlefield+3

How to setup Mumble thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

NeoGAF Europe Server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...a4-b1be-21bd74daece2/NeoGAF-Europe-Community/

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

mcp

Neo Member
Ok I am so sick of being killed by guided shell in helicopters. They have become the best weapon by far to kill helicopters. I'm sneaking from cover to cover and still get lazed and aced almost instantly.

Anyone have a strategy that works? Other than get out of the heli ;)

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok I am so sick of being killed by guided shell in helicopters. They have become the best weapon by far to kill helicopters. I'm sneaking from cover to cover and still get lazed and aced almost instantly.

Anyone have a strategy that works? Other than get out of the heli ;)

ECM Scanner to get rid of lockon before it even locks. It's not only the best strategy...it's the only strategy.

Best map to get the air support ribbon? I'm having the shittiest luck with it. It's the last hard ribbon I'll have to get.

If you mean the Aerial Warfare Ribbon (In a round kill 6 enemies with Air Vehicles) then the easiest way to get it is to be the gunner for a good attack chopper pilot. The map doesn't really matter (so long as it has attack choppers).

I scared the shit out of myself with the soflam today. Was hiding in the hills on Kharg Island, rotated soflam 180 degrees to get a chopper lock and saw a recon just standing there watching.

I thought it was someone waiting to knife me but it was actually my soldier standing there like a goon.

I just started using the thing, I keep getting lit up. Is there a way to use the soflam from prone position?

mr_nothin

Banned
I scared the shit out of myself with the soflam today. Was hiding in the hills on Kharg Island, rotated soflam 180 degrees to get a chopper lock and saw a recon just standing there watching.

I thought it was someone waiting to knife me but it was actually my soldier standing there like a goon.

I just started using the thing, I keep getting lit up. Is there a way to use the soflam from prone position?

Place soflam, press E to exit it, go prone, left click the mouse to go back into soflam mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom