• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not jelly of a terrible controlling repair torch and having the balls to get close to a vehicle and man to kill them with it.

You mad bro?

Nah kidding but i am just after doing it the "man's" way there so no complaining.

Also all assignments done and all the annoying trophies done too. Woot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You mad bro?

Nah kidding but i am just after doing it the "man's" way there so no complaining.

Also all assignments done and all the annoying trophies done too. Woot.

Outside of AT kills and Oman/Penn 2 hours spent, I'm same. Only need 10 kills with glitched QBU and the shotgun that I gotta unlock for the last trophy.

Makoto

Gotta love admins. I was kicked from a server for doing well but in any other server, kids are dropping racial slurs left and right and despite that being against the server's rules, there are no admins there (or willing) to kick them. But of course there's always an admin around to kick people who are doing well. Blah, blah, blah find a different server. Yes, this was the one time I went to a server that wasn't on my favorites, so I suppose I'll just stick to my favorites.

Let me tell you, I'm disappointed with Karkand after all the hype from BF2 people. It's not amazing. It's frustrating. Snipers all up on the roof. SMH. :/

I played BF2 to death but I hate Karkand. It's my least favorite map.

Luckily we're getting Sharqi peninsula. Now that's a great map.

OSHAN

Anyone else having a problem on Night Shift?

I'm playing on PS3 and I'm providing sniper cover for some dudes and without fail the game kicks me and I receive a "Could not connect to EA servers," or something along those lines.

This is singe-player, mind you.

I'm playing this on Hard and I wanted to finish it. Initially I thought something was wrong with their servers, so I put the game aside -- that was last week. I'm still having the same issue.

scogoth

Gotta love admins. I was kicked from a server for doing well but in any other server, kids are dropping racial slurs left and right and despite that being against the server's rules, there are no admins there (or willing) to kick them. But of course there's always an admin around to kick people who are doing well. Blah, blah, blah find a different server. Yes, this was the one time I went to a server that wasn't on my favorites, so I suppose I'll just stick to my favorites.

Hope one of those favorites is the neogaf server =P

Makoto

Hope one of those favorites is the neogaf server =P
I would but I'm on the West Coast and if I'm not mistaken, the GAF servers are leaning towards the East? And I already get into some shoddy situations with BF3's netcode on servers that are near me, so I want to keep my rage down.

Spl1nter

I would but I'm on the West Coast and if I'm not mistaken, the GAF servers are leaning towards the East? And I already get into some shoddy situations with BF3's netcode on servers that are near me, so I want to keep my rage down.

The servers are in chicago, so they should be that bad. Netcode issues occur most likely because of people who are really far away from the server (ie. 150+ ping).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The servers are in chicago, so they should be that bad. Netcode issues occur most likely because of people who are really far away from the server (ie. 150+ ping).

So people in South America joining US East servers cause the game to lag?

Spl1nter

No idea what ping is like from SA. The ping is probably a lot worse from Argentina then from Columbia to Chicago. However, the way the DICE netcode works and they hide lag, having a higher ping is bad for both you and everyone else. It isnt really noticeable unless you have 100+ ping. I was playing on some evil dutch server today without major issue. Not ideal settings, but not anything to really complain about. DICE hides lag extremely well. Ask Noura, he plays on NA servers all the time from France, part of our super GAF mumble squad. He hands out the cheese and wine while the rest of us get the headshots.
He actaully never gives wine or cheese (health packs) because he is a greedy m320 bastard

scogoth

Actually yes, but only when the player model is near you. With the client side hit detection most lag is imperceptible. However you can notice lag like when you go near splinter because the server needs to update the player models position to your client and when splinters computer takes a longer time to update that position to the server it takes a longer time to get that info to you. But even if splinters model is slower to update you can still headshot him because the hit detection is based on where your computer thinks he is, not where the server thinks he is.

So no more slingshotting player models from japan but sometimes you get the jitters near high ping players.

i'm disappointed in Wa Isl, i like the other 3 maps
Yeah those are my thoughts as well. Although Wake is very fun in an attack chopper, this 3 flag version is pretty poor compared to the rest of the B2K maps. They're a massive improvement over the vanilla maps though, which are all decidedly mediocre in my opinion (PS3 version).

scogoth

WELCOME BACK BF3 PLAYERS!
BACK TO KARKAND!

Time to take a break from Skyrim and join us tomorrow for Back to Karkand! We will be hosting all the new maps on our ranked server and encourage all of you to come out. For the BF2 vets this is a trip back to the good ol' days and for newcomers its a time to discover what made the Battlefield series so legendary. Remember to add the GAF tag to your name and get mumble setup!
Come out have fun and join the community! We don't bite (unless asked).

REMEMBER: Favourite the NeoGAF server and play as often as you can on it! Especially with low player count we need people to help seed the server so contribute to the community and play on the NeoGAF BF3 server!

LINKS

BF3 PC Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442227

How to setup Mumble thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

demolitio

Whenever I do scrounge up enough money, is a 560 better than 6870 for BF3? I finally have a motherboard that allows for either and the price point seems to be the same for both.

big_z

are there any origin discount codes? i had a birthday one i was saving but didnt realise it expires. need to buy me some karkand.

Hmm... so how do I go about downloading it for the 360? I'm in the Store, but it's not showing up anywhere... Unless of course it's not out quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom