• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. Strike @ Karkand looks SO good. What the FUCK. And plays so well.

The detail in this urban landscape... unreal. So many places to go. Wow. This is truly next-gen Battlefield. BF2 veterans are gonna love this. Everyone is, actually. It's mind-blowing.

HOLY FUCK, WAKE ISLAND

mr_nothin

Banned
Jesus. Strike @ Karkand looks SO good. What the FUCK. And plays so well.

The detail in this urban landscape... unreal. So many places to go. Wow. This is truly next-gen Battlefield. BF2 veterans are gonna love this. Everyone is, actually. It's mind-blowing.

YES
:O
So much destruction too....Bf2 vet here and im LOVING it :O

Moaradin

Just played one round of Karkland.

oh-my-god-o.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Played one match on Karkand...absolutely awesome, second round was starting up and then i got randomly kicked with this message:
Code:
Game disconnected: you are missing content from the game.

Now i cant join any B2K games....gonna reboot and try again, if EA has fucked Limited Edition buyers over am gonna blow a gasket.

Am I correct in assuming that Karkand came as a part of the 4GB patch? It says I'm missing content when I go to join a B2K game (I got the limited edition/karkand pass for PC)

Edit: seems like I'm not the only one.

big_z

Am I correct in assuming that Karkand came as a part of the 4GB patch? It says I'm missing content when I go to join a B2K game (I got the limited edition/karkand pass for PC)

Edit: seems like I'm not the only one.

it said that for me then i had to update my browser plugin and it works fine now.

demolitio

Lots of server crashing going on right now but any glimpse I get of these old maps leaves me stunned. Where did these map designers go?!?!

In other news, if anyone spots a good deal on a decent video card, let me know. I'm hoping for a decent deal on a 560 but most of it revolves rebates which is fine normally but I don't have enough to cover the normal price before rebate...lmao

I wish the majority of the new weapons weren't based off the same Chinese design. You'd think they'd add Chinese soldiers to go along with all of 'em.

Reprise

Neo Member
Purchased expansion, says I have access, try to join game, says I need the expansion ... derp.

Not it appears I have doubled ordered too :\

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
5 flag Wake :(

Better than 3 flag Wake.

Also those of you creaming over Karkand is blowing my mind. It's a terrible map. :/ Hollow buildings, ladders. Might as well call it Shoots and Ladders and be done with it. Seriously.

MNC

OMFG B2K LOADS FUCKING FAST

The way all maps should load! I have no idea why! All my vanilla maps load sloooooooow. B2K takes 5-10 seconds. Vanilla takes 2 minutes.

big_z

matches seem to be close on the b2k maps. shows how unbalanced some of the bf3 maps can be.

btw when loading a new map after a round i get a black screen that says loading with a blinky square and the next round never loads. this happens about 50% of the time and i have to leave the server and rejoin. anyone else have this problem?

Facism

Good old Karkand and oldschool conquest. Fucking love it. Really gotta push as squads on that map.

I hope EU GAF start playing again.

Ughh, Recon still feels so useless,

and is something wrong with the SOFLAM? When I'm aiming with it it seems like it's on a very low sensitivity or something...

Er... how do I know that my game is being updated? I click on the update thing on battlelog, it directs me to Origin but nothing seems to happen.

I've tried to check for updates on BF3 and it assures me it's up to date.

Help me

MNC

I might try reinstalling my game, see if the rest of the game will get faster loading as well.

Will I run into trouble with my B2K? It's tied to my ea account, right?

Er... how do I know that my game is being updated? I click on the update thing on battlelog, it directs me to Origin but nothing seems to happen.

I've tried to check for updates on BF3 and it assures me it's up to date.

Help me

If you got the most recent update that was 4gb then you have everything you need.

Only jumped quickly into one game of each map but they seem pretty awesome. Except the team I ended up with on each server sucked and was getting their ass handed to them.

Anyone else experience large FPS drops in B2K, in particular Strike at Karkand? I'm normally running at 45+ FPS, but with the urban maps in B2K that'll drop into the low 20s. Extremely frustrating...I might have to dial down the graphics when playing B2K maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom