• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

Yeah, these are the maps I love. Now I need a server to rotate the B2K maps with Caspian.
And I'll be happy!

(Would love another night based map though)

Any PC live streams?

EDIT: From zh1nt0:

Daniel Matros
We´ve located the issue with "game content not available" for Karkand users. Will roll out a fix in the next couple of hours! #ontheway

EDIT EDIT: So in the R12 server update files, it lists a new mode as:

Conquest alt2:32 players

There is no other new mode--Conquest64 is separate. Is Conquest Assault limited to 32 players?!?!

Snipers everywhere on Karkand, this is shit.

Karkand was always sniper heaven

Also those of you creaming over Karkand is blowing my mind. It's a terrible map. :/ Hollow buildings, ladders. Might as well call it Shoots and Ladders and be done with it. Seriously.

Karkand was the most popular BF2 map, later on it wasn't uncommon to see tons of servers that were 24/7 Karkand. Old school fans love it

Loading is ridiculously fast for the B2K pack. The MAV is still godlike.

But why is vanilla so shitty at loading for me. Shit was god tier in the alpha and beta, not it takes well over a minute in retail. Don't even think DICE have acknowledged it, either.

But why is vanilla so shitty at loading for me. Shit was god tier in the alpha and beta, not it takes well over a minute in retail. Don't even think DICE have acknowledged it, either.

Maybe some kind of bug or something. After the last major patch I would be able to load into maps almost instantly, but then I randomly get maps that take several minutes to load, and it never seems to be conistent for a particular map.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It is possible to piss off the entire enemy team in Sharqi with the attack helicopter, just like in BF2. Finally finished my attack copter unlocks on that this morning.

If you got ribbons for every time somebody in chat said, "Piss off, havoc!" I'd have a medal.

With the exception of Oman the maps feel smaller than their BF2 counterparts. Even Oman feels "tighter" but that is because of all the added buildings.

It is possible to piss off the entire enemy team in Sharqi with the attack helicopter, just like in BF2. Finally finished my attack copter unlocks on that this morning.

If you got ribbons for every time somebody in chat said, "Piss off, havoc!" I'd have a medal.

With the exception of Oman the maps feel smaller than their BF2 counterparts. Even Oman feels "tighter" but that is because of all the added buildings.

They don't seem to be smaller, but in Bf3 everyone moves much faster too compared to the slower paced movement and gameplay of 2. You also don't have the fog that was in BF2 version which always hid your view of the map and helped make things more big. Bf3 versions also are more cluttered with terrain.

No clue. I have the same problem and it sucks.

Maybe some kind of bug or something. After the last major patch I would be able to load into maps almost instantly, but then I randomly get maps that take several minutes to load, and it never seems to be conistent for a particular map.

I know this shouldn't be the case, and it makes no sense, but I read on a few forums and websites that having 8GB of RAM solves the load problems, for whatever reason.

It would take me over a minute to load a map with 4GB RAM, so for £12 I bought an extra 4GB and now I load the maps in under 30 seconds. Don't know why this solves it, but it does.

I know this shouldn't be the case, and it makes no sense, but I read on a few forums and websites that having 8GB of RAM solves the load problems, for whatever reason.

It would take me over a minute to load a map with 4GB RAM, so for £12 I bought an extra 4GB and now I load the maps in under 30 seconds. Don't know why this solves it, but it does.

I got 8gb and it still is random. I instantly get into maps sometimes, and sometimes it takes almost 2 minutes to load a map at times. I don't get any consistency on how it works out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Karkand was the most popular BF2 map, later on it wasn't uncommon to see tons of servers that were 24/7 Karkand. Old school fans love it

And that's whats blowing my mind. I can see BF2/P4F's Karkand being somewhat popular because the buildings were somewhat populated and you could go into them and clear out snipers on the roof. In BF3, you hit hollow buildings to collapse the roof to drop an enemy. Otherwise you have to climb a long ass ladder and hope they didn't notice you climbing up to headshot you with the .44 Magnum on the ladder. Which I've done. Plenty of times.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Damn, it crashed 15 or so min into my first game blerghghhh....

BUT!

Holy mother of god, this feels like BF3.5, it's mindblowing how big of a difference there is between the regular game and now B2K. It was as if I was playing an entirely new game with regards to scope and the sense of immersion I got from the lovely destruction and general shit flying everywhere...

Maps load crazy fast in B2K.

But the end of game ribbon process is fucked.

Once, I won and didn't get the winner ribbon, another time the ribbon process was skipped entirely and I went straight to loading a new map. :(

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just finished the campaign today, but whenever I try to play online I get an error message. Any ideas what could be up?

Facism

just midair roadraged Havok pilot and his gunner whilst rying to ram their dying chopper with a jet.

Battlefield moments.

aznpxdd

God damn, getting tons of error messages after B2K.

First got the content missing couple times, then when I finally got to play 5 mins, the game crashed again saying "something went wrong" -_-

Daigoro

holy crap its been so long since ive played Sharqi i completely forgot the map existed.

i remember i used to like it. first impressions are good. i still like it.

DTKT

Holy shit Oman is so small. What the fuck.

I think DICE cant design good maps. They cant even take old ones and make them better

TheSeks

I think DICE cant design good maps. They cant even take old ones and make them better

What? Oman's pretty huge. You're probably thinking it's small because it's better populated.

owlbeak

Yay....bought it, my battlelog page says I have access to it, but when I join a server running it, a window pops up saying I need to buy it.

Nice job, EA.

Maps are the same outside of them adding more to them such as lot of clutter and terrain elements. People have rose tinted goggles perhaps, but also folks forget that you move much faster in BF3 than you did in BF2, and the fog that obscured your vision in the original also made the maps seem bigger. In BF3 you can see across the entire map easily which you couldn't in 2

ho3V2.png

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/ho3V2.png

:lol I love how you kept prompting "Please connect me to your supervisor" and he's all "WAIT 4-6 HOURS!"

The Live Chat is utter shit, e-mail them dude. I got a person to give me 1942 vet status when my 1942 key wasn't working on the veteran site. Be polite and ask why it isn't working, it may take longer but if you can't play before they get an answer back to you it's worth it.

:lol I love how you kept prompting "Please connect me to your supervisor" and he's all "WAIT 4-6 HOURS!"

The Live Chat is utter shit, e-mail them dude. I got a person to give me 1942 vet status when my 1942 key wasn't working on the veteran site. Be polite and ask why it isn't working, it may take longer but if you can't play before they get an answer back to you it's worth it.

Fortunately that's not me.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yes! I finally got the fucking Air Warfare ribbon! Ugh. Now I just need the supression assist ribbon, and then I have to play squad rush and deathmatch for my achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom