• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holycrap, F35 handle like shit. I can't kill anything with this.

It's "hover" is actually turning it into "stall" mode on PS3. I tried to hover near the ground like the BF3 F35 reveal, just lets it start to fall. Stupid.

Otherwise it's a faster turning jet than the vanilla Flanker or whatever their called jets. I don't think it's "shit" per-say because you have better managing of your jet speed in comparison to the vanilla jets that have a set cruise and can't really "stall" unless hitting the flight ceiling (which reminds me, is there a flight ceiling in any other BF? I don't recall 1943 having a FC). I think it takes a bit more practice to get good with it.

Man I wish Dice had just made the Conquest Assault versions of the maps also the regular Conquest maps on the consoles. I don't understand their desire to make the maps small. Even less now that I know they don't have to.

Cop out answer: We tried it, wake, 5 flags, 24 players=1on1 at the flags. The other maps,have 2 setups for console. BF43 Wake was 25% smaller.

Which is bullshit and he knows it since 1943 was just as big (or maybe smaller, not sure) and it had 1-on-1 fights at times as well. No reason they had to gimp the damn map.

It's "hover" is actually turning it into "stall" mode on PS3. I tried to hover near the ground like the BF3 F35 reveal, just lets it start to fall. Stupid.

Otherwise it's a faster turning jet than the vanilla Flanker or whatever their called jets. I don't think it's "shit" per-say because you have better managing of your jet speed in comparison to the vanilla jets that have a set cruise and can't really "stall" unless hitting the flight ceiling (which reminds me, is there a flight ceiling in any other BF? I don't recall 1943 having a FC). I think it takes a bit more practice to get good with it.

What what? No it is? Unless you're talking about turning at full speed, which you should never do. Faster turns are around 300mph, and at that speed the F35 turn radious is HUGE.

Rapstah

This Origin crap is just unacceptable. I should not be kept out of my game for any time whatsoever but my rage limit is at around 15 minutes. It's been reached like thrice now. I would be just as pissed if this were Steam malfunctioning, but hey, it isn't, and I don't think it ever has at this scale.

This Origin crap is just unacceptable. I should not be kept out of my game for any time whatsoever but my rage limit is at around 15 minutes. It's been reached like thrice now. I would be just as pissed if this were Steam malfunctioning, but hey, it isn't, and I don't think it ever has at this scale.

Maintenance in online games is expected, and it's availability is never guaranteed so you really have nothing to complain about.

If you're talking about campaign, just turn off your internet or block it with a firewall, it'll launch directly to the campaign without origin/battlelog.

*edit* Actually scratch that, since this maintenance error logged me/us out of Origin "offline" mode won't work. Fix this shit EA!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What what? No it is? Unless you're talking about turning at full speed, which you should never do. Faster turns are around 300mph, and at that speed the F35 turn radious is HUGE.

It is, or feels like it to me. I feel the F35 is more "agile" than the vanilla jets.

Rapstah

Maintenance in online games is expected, and it's availability is never guaranteed so you really have nothing to complain about.

If you're talking about campaign, just turn off your internet or block it with a firewall, it'll launch directly to the campaign without origin/battlelog.

*edit* Actually scratch that, since this maintenance error logged me/us out of Origin "offline" mode won't work. Fix this shit EA!

It's not the game, it's the service. Battlelog runs fine. Origin does not. The service has higher demands of availability than any single game accessible from it.

EDIT: And besides this is for all we know not even maitenance! Origin just went down and I sure as hell haven't heard any reason for why or a time when it'll be back up.

Megasoum

Banned
It's not the game, it's the service. Battlelog runs fine. Origin does not. The service has higher demands of availability than any single game accessible from it.

Then again, releasing the first expansion pack for the second biggest 2011 release of the company the same day they start early access on the biggest release of the year wasn't exactly a good idea.

Max

I am not Max
From what little I've played late last night, Karkand is better than every vanilla map.

Caspian only comes a little close.

Pavaloo

God this is the most annoying thing. I can get into battlelog juuuust fine, but Origin has to go and fuck everything up. I really want to play B2K :/

EVIL

ffs, is origin down or something? firstly It forced me in offline mode, saying validation servers are offline, and now I got online, I get kicked out of origin and can't login anymore.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I like how when you spawn as attackers on Oman, you basically get ass raped and can't even get out of your spawn point since you spawn out in the open.

GG.

Pennybags

ffs, is origin down or something? firstly It forced me in offline mode, saying validation servers are offline, and now I got online, I get kicked out of origin and can't login anymore.

ThLLw.jpg

Has the IRNV scope been nerfed on 360? I hope to god it has. I tried using it to test it out but I only ran into two Spec-Ops camo'd enemies, so it was kinda hard for me to tell the difference.

Please tell me it's useless now.

Spl1nter

God this is the most annoying thing. I can get into battlelog juuuust fine, but Origin has to go and fuck everything up. I really want to play B2K :/

Yep Origin is down. They weren't expecting there to be so many people who would want to play the game on PC. Probably set the majority of their resources for consoles as that is where everyone plays. The stats prove it.

scogoth

This isn't a fuck up its planned by EA to get everyone to buy a PS3. They have a commission with sony. Why do you think they got back to Karkand a week early?

EVIL

@origin_EA
Update: We’re still investigating the issues involving accessing Origin. We’re working as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.

Shai-Tan

Banned
there was 50k on BF3 last night in PC. not that impressive though as that is what BC2 had 2 months after release, was 80-100k in the first few months in BC2. player count not growing despite more sales

edit: in any case there will probably be more than 50k tonight when it's actually working

there was 50k on BF3 last night in PC. not that impressive though as that is what BC2 had 2 months after release, was 80-100k in the first few months in BC2. player count not growing despite more sales

I like your method of scientific study. One sample size is obviously indicative of average and peak player count on PC. Please, tell me more.

Low player count on a Monday night? No way.

PC alone was over 100k on Friday (or Saturday?) night. Was over 300k total.

Moostache

As if more evidence of EA sucking was needed...

- can't log-in to Origin
- get "authentication servers down" message
- go away for a while to do other things
- comeback and cannot log into Origin because it won't accept my password
- re-set the password with code from e-mail
- says "successful reset of password" and then hangs while trying to start Origin
- stop dialogue box and try to restart Origin myself and.....won't accept password AGAIN!!

Now I have wasted over an hour and a half trying to make this fucked up "service" work and my rewards for this effort? NOTHING...no game to play, no account to log into and I have to go to work now and won't be able to mess with this again until Wednesday or Thursday...and the douchebags at EA wonder "why do so many people hate us?"....here's a great case study of WHY!!!

Fuck EA, I hope they go bankrupt and the sooner the better.

scogoth

As if more evidence of EA sucking was needed...

- can't log-in to Origin
- get "authentication servers down" message
- go away for a while to do other things
- comeback and cannot log into Origin because it won't accept my password
- re-set the password with code from e-mail
- says "successful reset of password" and then hangs while trying to start Origin
- stop dialogue box and try to restart Origin myself and.....won't accept password AGAIN!!

Now I have wasted over an hour and a half trying to make this fucked up "service" work and my rewards for this effort? NOTHING...no game to play, no account to log into and I have to go to work now and won't be able to mess with this again until Wednesday or Thursday...and the douchebags at EA wonder "why do so many people hate us?"....here's a great case study of WHY!!!

Fuck EA, I hope they go bankrupt and the sooner the better.

QQ more, this is why EA hearts console players. They never complain.

Norua

Banned
He hands out the cheese and wine while the rest of us get the headshots.
He actaully never gives wine or cheese (health packs) because he is a greedy m320 bastard

Ahah actually imagine a mod that replace the health pack by a french food basket. I would use it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom