• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Holy shit apparently I'm using 100% of my GPU. It usually tops at 99%, but B2K takes every percentile of my GPU to run at 27fps :(

These maps run SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Vanilla maps. I'm talking where I get 50-60 on the originals, B2K gets me 20-30. FIX THIS SHIT DICE.

Yeah, I'm having tons of problems with them.

Conquest Assault fucking sucks too.

Posted the same thing on the previous page. Game runs like shit in B2K, I initially thought it was all the destruction, but even at the start of a match im getting a poor framerate.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Posted the same thing on the previous page. Game runs like shit in B2K, I initially thought it was all the destruction, but even at the start of a match im getting a poor framerate.
Are you Nvidia too? Hope I'm not affected.

Also, I'm enjoying the fact that B2K was a boy band right now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
B2K is performing just as well, if not better, than vanilla for me (6950 2gb, 8GB RAM, 955@3.8ghz)

Mostly highest settings, around the 60 mark.

When I played this morning my load times into B2K maps were around 10-15 seconds which is insane considering the over a minute it took to load most vanilla maps. I was always one of the last to spawn.

The maps have been running great for me performance wise also much smoother than vanilla it seems. I'm on a 5850 if anyone is taking notes.

Smokey

Love getting BF3 has stopped working errors. I didn't use to get get em at all, now it's every time I play. OC GPU or not. Was there any suggestions to fix this?

I remember seeing people posting altered graphics settings that got rid of the greenish filters or enhanced the hdr or something, anyone know where that was?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Servers keep crashing. I know it is not me because I'm playing with 5+ other friends and all of us get dumped at the same time.

Had a great Battlefield Moment on Wake Island. I was flying the US chopper and the Russians were down to their last cap point on the bottom right of the island. Pretty much their entire team of 32 were squeezed in there, and most of them seemed to have IGLAs and Javellins. It was basically a no go zone, but I was rocking the ECM and popping up from the beach areas to strafe them with the tiny window of ECM invulnerability. Was insane seeing these huge clouds of missiles flying at me and spazzing out like they were from some Japanese anime. Got away with it for a few passes but my gunner kept trying to get a lock on to their lone tank instead of shooting the hordes of guys firing deadly shit at us, and we got javellined.

Have they mentioned getting some kind of battlerecorder thing implemented at all? I've had all kinds of insane things happen in this game, and I can't be bothered to run fraps all the time.

Maps were running fine till Oman where it started stuttering, whacked it down to Low (ewww) so I could play then loved every bit of being a copter gunner. Then tried flying myself and remembered it's not as easy as I remember it being in 2 and I really need to find the sweet spot in the sensitivity.

Also, the destruction in these maps feels so awesome.

First server I played on, got the Battlefield 3 has stopped working errors three times, finally just switched to another server and went through eight map changes with no error. Sooo big *shrug* at that.

Performance seems about the same for me, maybe a few less fps when looking at the action since these maps are just bigger/more demanding, but nothing that would make me say they run significantly worse.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why? Doesn't seem any different than BF2 and it was a blast there.

Shit defense = harms you that are attempting to defend. Happened to Me and Faceless one or two times last night when Conquest Assault came up.

And most newbies that aren't BF2 pros seem to hate it. At that's what the general opinion seems to be. Me, I kinda like it. But only because there's 5 flags on the maps for most of the B2K maps with it on. Which is how Conquest should be played. 5+ maps, none of this "cap 3 flags and auto-win. LOL!" bullshit.

Why? Doesn't seem any different than BF2 and it was a blast there.
It's fine.

I've played 2 rounds on each map CQ Large (except Wake) and some on Rush.

Sharqi is as great as ever, my favourite BF2 map and it plays pretty much the same as the original. I love flying on this map. Typical sniper spot the damn crane in the centre and the TV station which a lot of times the Russian team seems to forget is the most important flag to capture because it spawns the Cobra.

Gulf of Oman is probably the biggest BF3 map, lots and lots of use of the Z-axis because of the build up areas. This is probably the only map you see this in BF3. Personally I find it refreshing. Downside is that all the cover can be blown up which makes it hard to defend points with 24 snipers and armoured vehicles attacking.

Karkand is the map I have mixed feelings about. It's a freaking maze at the start and way to open in the end. Feels disconnected and plenty of times I got stuck in some dead end. Kinda weird for a map I have played for 172 hours already (in BF2). Probably need some more rounds on this one to come to grips with some of the changes.

Btw. all the rounds I played except for one were really close calls.

mug

It may be possible that if bought retail you are unable to play until the 15th.
Well I purchased a digital copy through EA's Origin "service". I called tech support and they were complete morons - kept replying with "check back in 30 minutes our servers are down".

iam220

Why would dice default a 64 player server to 300 ticks? On Karkand this is incredibly unbalanced, I know the admins will fix it but still ... wth

Feels good to play Karand and and Oman again though.

Complistic

I'm loving all this crashing. Made some head way with the awful sights on the famas until it crashes and reset me to 0 kills again on it.

Atrophis

Been sitting playing the humble bundle 4 games all night and totally forgot about karkand release :(

Ah well time to get a few games in before it hits 3am.

Cop out answer: We tried it, wake, 5 flags, 24 players=1on1 at the flags. The other maps,have 2 setups for console. BF43 Wake was 25% smaller.

Which is bullshit and he knows it since 1943 was just as big (or maybe smaller, not sure) and it had 1-on-1 fights at times as well. No reason they had to gimp the damn map.
Well in my brief time with B2K, yeah the bigger maps meant I was doing a lot of running and a lot less shooting. And maybe some guys won't like it. But the maps did not feel like meat grinders and it made the time when choke points did appear, a lot more memorable. So I prefer the more control points.

And actually, Wake Island did feel bigger, but I'm not sure if I like less control points with the US having two starting points already on the island. I guess it makes it more fair.

I only played, like, two matches of Conquest Assault, but I can't tell how it's significantly different from vanilla Conquest. Are there different rules or something? Because as soon as the attackers begin taking capture points it seems to play identically to normal Conquest.

Please enlighten my plebeian brain.

I only played, like, two matches of Conquest Assault, but I can't tell how it's significantly different from vanilla Conquest. Are there different rules or something? Because as soon as the attackers begin taking capture points it seems to play identically to normal Conquest.

Please enlighten my plebeian brain.

Same here. I feel dumb.

Varna

Is it me or do the new maps run much worse then stock maps? Karkand had lots of drops into the 40s for me (normal maps are mostly 50-60).

On conq assault one team doesn't have an uncappable point, and one team begins with more tickets. Attackers do have uncap's and have to capture the points away from the defending team.

Basically, the defenders have to hold at least one point in order to spawn, otherwise you end up watching a guy try and Sam Fisher mode his way around the map to cap one.

Nori Chan

So I accidentely clicked Co-Op and all of a sudden I unlocked the achievement of getting every co-op weapon. I checked my co-op progression and there was all the weapons unlocked.

So yeah is this a glitch? I have beaten all the co-op missions and I only need 2 more for hard difficulty.

So I accidentely clicked Co-Op and all of a sudden I unlocked the achievement of getting every co-op weapon. I checked my co-op progression and there was all the weapons unlocked.

So yeah is this a glitch? I have beaten all the co-op missions and I only need 2 more for hard difficulty.

The patch changed the score requirements for all of the weapons. The total you already had was enough to get all the guns now it's been reduced.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God damn fucking thing crashed again right at the end of the round..
LLShC.gif

Working great. Not a single problem.

And the maps are incredible. I'm a Battlefield noob, and I can now see why the vets were excited about this pack.

If I had to pick one, I'd replace Gulf of Oman with Mashtuur City (or maybe something bigger, like Dalian). But that's just me.

Anyone else just getting fucking reamed? I'd hover around 1.6-2 k/d ratios in the vanilla game but it's been a struggle for me to get over 1 in B2K. Also I've had more spawn deaths the first day B2K then I think I've ever had in before in BF3.

Deadly

Anyone constantly getting kicked 5minutes in game citing "you have been disconnected from EA online?" Such BS. I had 0 problems until now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom