• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnarps

Playing on Hard on Operation Guillotine is driving me crazy.

I get up to the second MG bunker and something glitches and one by one every person in my squad dies off, like there's an invisible stalker knifing them.

Smokey

WTF is this gravatar crap to change your image on Battlelog...I want to use a different image how the fuck do I get it on here

Dynamic3

MrOogieBoogie said:
Guys... um... holy fucking shit at the jet mission in the campaign.

How is no one talking about this? I think that was one of the standouts missions/on-rail sections of this entire generation. The visuals are MIND-BLOWING. Just... fuck.

That was really fucking cool, and I don't even like SP (MP was down).

Izayoi

Banned
BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf3.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e9d3315
Fault Module Name: bf3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e9d3315
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00108160
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Changed locale back to United States, reinstalled video drivers, and repaired installation.

Nothing worked.

It worked fine four hours ago.

?????????????

Kazerei

Banned
Quick question, is it possible to play offline multiplayer with bots (in the PS3 version)? I tried googling it, but couldn't find a definite answer.

Izayoi

Banned
Who are papagiannakos, Sornatius, CrookedRain, and DisgustipatedAP1? Please send me a PM or post here if you would like to be accepted into the West Platoon.

Kazerei said:
Quick question, is it possible to play offline multiplayer with bots (in the PS3 version)? I tried googling it, but couldn't find a definite answer.
No.

THE NO LIFE KING said:
msCGL.jpg
Yep.

Kibbles

Us console peasants: WTF why in the god damn hell do we have to wait to play online until midnight pacific? I was hoping to get a few games in before sleep. Ugh fuck you DICE.

Daigoro

Izayoi said:
Who are papagiannakos, Sornatius, CrookedRain, and DisgustipatedAP1? Please send me a PM or post here if you would like to be accepted into the West Platoon.

CrookedRain would be the same one that posts on gaf im assuming, dont know the others.

so, anyone make an XBOX GAF BF3 tag yet?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well, I capitulated and installed Origin to buy the game. All that tough talk about waiting for Steam...damn my weakness.

What's going on with the bitching about Pacific time setting the standard? Y'all know the West side is the best side. /Tupac

Nelo Ice

Banned
Izayoi said:

No.

Speaking of which I'd like to join the west platoon as soon as my copy arrives tomorrow, origin/battlelog name is same as my gaf username.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bishoptl said:
Well, I capitulated and installed Origin to buy the game. All that tough talk about waiting for Steam...damn my weakness.

What's going on with the bitching about Pacific time setting the standard? Y'all know the West side is the best side. /Tupac
Console gamers MP unlock time I guess. PC, no worries if you use proxy or just wait too I guess :p

spk

Why am I seeing profiles with multiple PC soldiers listed? I thought we weren't allowed to do this? Is it possible or is it just from name changes?

At the top of Battlelog it says your Origin ID followed by "Active Soldier: ____"

bishoptl said:
West Side would be the best side if the game released at midnight EST ;p

Kahoona

FIXED the "Repair Install" issue.

1. Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3

2. Rename the Bf3.exe DiP Somethingsomething to Bf3.exe

3. Restart Origin.

Izayoi

Banned
Kahoona said:

3. Restart Origin.
Did that after struggling with it for ten minutes and then saw your post.

Works.

Does not fix BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING, however.

Izayoi said:

Do I need to send you anything through battlelog to join or is posting here enough? Id like in, kingaaronaz is mine

Kahoona said:

3. Restart Origin.

Thanks. Worked for me.

Edit : now getting the Battlefield has stopped working problem also.

Kahoona said:

3. Restart Origin.

Do we redo the repair install afterwards?

What were they thinking with this browser-based Battle Log shit? When I play a game on my PC, especially one as demanding as this one, I want that game to have access to as much of the computer's resources as possible, but now I have to have Origin and Chrome open taking up memory and cycles? Now I'm going to have to disable all my extensions every time I want to play this game.. >_<

Izayoi

Banned
MadraptorMan said:
What were they thinking with this browser-based Battle Log shit? When I play a game on my PC, especially one as demanding as this one, I want that game to have access to as much of the computer's resources as possible, but now I have to have Origin and Chrome open taking up memory and cycles? Now I'm going to have to disable all my extensions every time I want to play this game.. >_<
Are you really running this game on a computer with less than 4GB of RAM?

DTKT

MadraptorMan said:

You can close your browser as the game is launching. At least, that worked fine on the beta. Either way, I'm pretty sure the actual performance impact is negligible.

Megasoum

Banned
MadraptorMan said:

If your pc is not powerfull enough to handle your webbrowser while gaming it's faire to say that it's about damn time you change it....

Megasoum said:
If your pc is not powerfull enough to handle your webbrowser while gaming it's faire to say that it's about damn time you change it....

It can handle it, but I don't like having the choice taken away from me, you know? Being able to close the browser as the game launches sounds ok, just inconvenient.

Karak

Anyone else getting exe bloat? I am running windows7 32 and the exe is getting up to 1.9gigs and crashing as there is nothing left after Origin running and a browser window running and various other services

I have even closed explorer, the browser, random services. And it still eats up all the memory then crashes. Anyone else get this?

Izayoi

Banned
MadraptorMan said:
I wonder if NeoGAF West is the best option for J-GAF players?
I would imagine so, unless there are enough people here located in Asia in order to warrant an Asian Platoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom