• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
futnownarcade said:
I just pre-ordered the game on Origin so I could start preloading it but of course that would have been too easy, you have to wait for an email from them letting you know you can start preloading before the option becomes available. I feel tricked, I could have got a physical version for the same price and installed it on dvd quicker now.
Didn't take long for my email. After receiving it, I had to log out and log back in to Origin to get it to work.

JackEtc

Played the campaign up until "Rock and a Hard Place" before deciding that I need to go to bed soon, since I have to wake up at 6 tomorrow. Having a lot of fun so far, but really excited to play some multiplayer!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man that campaign ending was hilariously bad. Maybe 2-3 good levels in there, the rest were utter shit. If only all of them were as good as the streets of Paris.

I couldn't hold a straight face at the end of that second tank level.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wow guess the LE was actually limited.

from Amazon.

Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation of Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for PlayStation 3. Please check back soon as we will have Standard Editions available for purchase. Thank you for your patience.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Is anyone on the PC version getting unbearable stuttering and choppiness, even in the opening DICE/EA/Dolby video? The menus alone are basically unusable; I can't fathom what the game is like.

plc268

plc268 said:
wtf, the same problem is happening as it did in the beta. I'd join a game for 30 seconds and the server times out and kicks me out of the game.

Thought I finally got into a good game, and I proceed to start shooting a baddie, and once again, I get this lovely fucking error.

nOvHf.jpg

I'm hoping it's just launch woes, but from the looks of it, no one else seems to have the problem. Stupid battlelog.

Atomski

Having a complete blast with the multiplayer :D. Single player blows though.. to much QTEs and scripted bullshit for my taste.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
futnownarcade said:
I just pre-ordered the game on Origin so I could start preloading it but of course that would have been too easy, you have to wait for an email from them letting you know you can start preloading before the option becomes available. I feel tricked, I could have got a physical version for the same price and installed it on dvd quicker now.
What are you talking about?

I pre-ordered today and received my preloading email within 3 minutes of completing my purchase.

prEl3.gif

You're not connected to one of these by chance, are you?

Just letting you guys know. I'm picking this up for the PS3 and you're gonna wanna have my son on your team.

He visits every other weekend and makes my PS3 his own, while I game on my PC.

He's good.

PSN: XPlatformJEDI

DoctorZ

Oh god! Saw the thread title and wanted to know what the latest drivers were. My finger now hurts from scrolling. Why wont it end...it has to end!?

Proc

Drove by the store i preordered from...20+ people waiting in line in the cold. Kept driving...getting too old for that shit...just wanted to beat rush hour crowds after work. Oh well.

Eric WK

Just got back from my Gamestop's midnight launch. Modest turnout when compared to other ones I've been to.

Now to sit through a day of connection errors on 360 when I could just continue playing the PC version.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really should learn to fly with the kb/m. If I forget to turn my 360 pad on before starting up the game I may as well stay out of any aircraft :(

DoctorZ

Nelo Ice said:
Anyone who ordered from amazon get their dog tag code yet?

On amazon, upper right click your digital items. Then at bottom your games & software library. Mine shows 2 keys, the game and dog tag.

FStop7

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
Anyone who ordered from amazon get their dog tag code yet?

Yes, I got them with the code for the game itself.

I have a 1 gig 5870 and Ultra @ 1900x1200 really makes it sweat. It's mostly playable at 30fps but it's dipped down into the low 20's during heavy combat in the campaign. Definitely going to need to back off in order to keep the frame rate solid. Makes me want to upgrade to a better card, though...

tigerin said:
so where is the thread for the console version? i come in here and expect impressions on the multiplayer and only see people asking specs for their pc.

It's 30 minutes after midnight. Console gamers just now got their copies so I don't know why you'd expect there to be impressions so quickly.

Nekrono

Ports have been posted:

zH1nt0 said:
If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ [portforward.com] or contact your router manufacturer.

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh...I re-unlocked the game at midnight. Took me a couple of attempts to join a game (as expected on launch) but then 5min in I got a BSOD arghhh. I hope that was just a one of random thing. Never had BSOD with the Alpha or Beta.

The little I saw of Highway looked nice lol even if nobody knows where to go and it's just complete chaos right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom