• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivero

Gents, I'll be honest, I haven't had the money to pre-order BF3, and will be trading in almost all of my games to get it. By any chance, does anyone have an extra code for the pre-order maps?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Olivero said:
Gents, I'll be honest, I haven't had the money to pre-order BF3, and will be trading in almost all of my games to get it. By any chance, does anyone have an extra code for the pre-order maps?
If you get it tomorrow you should be able to get an LE which has the Back to Karkand voucher. The maps aren't live yet though.

Smokey

The sooner the GAF server goes up the better...some bad players out there that just CAMP CAMP CAMP on fucking Conquest. And it's Day 0.

Olivero

RoboPlato said:
If you get it tomorrow you should be able to get an LE which has the Back to Karkand voucher. The maps aren't live yet though.
In that case, never mind. Thanks much. See you on the Battlefield.

Izayoi

Banned
Deleted my update folder, game apparently reinstalled properly after repairing the installation, passed the date check, and suddenly

BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING

Liberty4all

Banned
DTKT said:

Definitely a holy shit moment

Edit: also:

THE NO LIFE KING said:
msCGL.jpg

See I'm thinking of staying up just to see the GAF meltdown that follows shortly after. It wil be epppppiiiiicccccccc

Izayoi said:
Deleted my update folder, game apparently reinstalled properly after repairing the installation, passed the date check, and suddenly

BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING

Same problem. I give up. I am going to try to play tomorrow or something hopefully the issue is resolved by then.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sigma Storm said:
Is the commorose in the PC version? Would love a screenshot!

Bloody Australia, Thursday can't come fast enough.

Here you go.
luM65.jpg

Playing in Australia by the way......bunch of servers are already full, there is no logical reason for EA to make us wait till thursday.....

plc268

wtf, the same problem is happening as it did in the beta. I'd join a game for 30 seconds and the server times out and kicks me out of the game.

Black_Stride

KingOfKong said:
how do you unlock and change your camoflauge?

In game...Deployment screen....Customize....Appearance....scroll to whatever you unlocked.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
EviLore said:
The same thing happened to me with the knife kill in single player. If you actually crouch-walk and actually wait until you're in range to stab the guy...well...take a look at what happens, I capped a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gca4GL1TZI
happened to me too

it's dumb, because if you were actually trying to knife kill the guy you would wait until you're closer. what you're ACTUALLY doing there is initiating a QTE because the guy turns around when you start the kill. hit LMB when it says to in order to advance.

madmackem

This shouldve been a worldwide release like all big multi player games do, fuck i have to wait till fucking friday argggggggggghhhhh.

Black_Stride

bluedeviltron said:
Did anyone else's performance take a shit on Rock and a Hard Place?

I dont know what this means?

KingOfKong said:
oh, gotcha thanks! do you just unlock them as you progress in the game?

Yeah they unlock every few levels....im guessing there will also be some Class specific ones later on.

so are the rumors true that they are going to wipe stats at midnight PST?

Black_Stride said:
Yeah they unlock every few levels....im guessing there will also be some Class specific ones later on.

thanks again for the quick reply

Just played some SP and then some 64 conquest Caspian Border......holy fucking shit!

Ran smooth as silk for me on High at 1920 x 1080.....AMD Phenom X4 955 and a Nvidia GTX 460.....8 GB DDR3 RAM

I just pre-ordered the game on Origin so I could start preloading it but of course that would have been too easy, you have to wait for an email from them letting you know you can start preloading before the option becomes available. I feel tricked, I could have got a physical version for the same price and installed it on dvd quicker now.

tigerin

so where is the thread for the console version? i come in here and expect impressions on the multiplayer and only see people asking specs for their pc.

I just wanted to stop in and say I'm having a blast with the game! I've always been worse at objective based strategy, therefore the beta somewhat underwhelmed me. I'm sure I'll still do a lot of conquest and rush as time goes on, but team deathmatch is just so awesome that I can't break myself away from it. The maps are outstanding, the gunplay is excellent and the environments are absorbing (and the upgrades are horribly addictive). Lets do this!

3N16MA

Banned
tigerin said:
so where is the thread for the console version? i come in here and expect impressions on the multiplayer and only see people asking specs for their pc.

Let me find all my friends who have a copy of the PS3/360 version.

Shurs

Kicking myself for not seeing the Amazon deal until about 15 minutes ago. Now I'm too late for release day shipping. Looks like I'll try my luck at Kmart tomorrow, hoping to find an LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom