• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Lol what?

I'm talking about people actually having it in their hands for a good while and getting into the game. It's past midnight EST so I'm sure people have them now.

plc268

Nekrono said:
Ports have been posted:

Thanks, I'll give this a shot to see if it fixes my timing out errors.

Also, a little bit of googling suggested that turning off uPnP would fix the problem... it doesn't.

Edit: Nope. Opening the ports didn't do anything.

Should've taken my own advice and stay far away from this turd. Instead I open this thread and immediately buy it on amazon. Dammit.

Kibbles said:
Anyone on east coast confirm that we cant play MP yet on consoles? Fucking lame if so

I'll let you know in a few minutes

Oh, and add me on Origin if you would please. I could use some friends >_>

Origin: Lazykarl20

EDIT: You said consoles. I can't read >_<

Chojin

Kibbles said:
Anyone on east coast confirm that we cant play MP yet on consoles? Fucking lame if so

I'm just done installing and about to try, I'll let you know in a sec.

Edit: on 360 by the way

Izayoi

Banned
impressive

I try to frankestein my installation to skip the bulk (data) and Origin sees right through me, deleting the entire installation completely

back to square one

Lost Soul

Izayoi said:
let's see if repairing install fixes it after the serves have gone live for everyone

oh, nope

shocker

If you used to vpn trick to unlock it early and did the repair/patch you have to do the vpn bypass again.

Izayoi

Banned
Lost Soul said:
If you used to vpn trick to unlock it early and did the repair/patch you have to do the vpn bypass again.
I've completely verification at least five times now, twice with legitimate verification seeing as the game fucking launched.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Just to be sure because someone mentioned the possibility a while ago, but if you install the HD texture pack and the multiplayer disc on the 360, the disc install does not at all interfere with the texture pack working correct?

Daigoro

Strider2K99 said:
Got my copy from Best Buy a few minutes ago. I saw around 30-40 people online.
Strider2K99 said:
Did anyone else get it from Best Buy? I don't see SPECACT bonus, unless I'm missing something.

looks like they sent the pre-order code via email as well.

got mine a little while ago.

Steelyuhas said:
Just to be sure because someone mentioned the possibility a while ago, but if you install the HD texture pack and the multiplayer disc on the 360, the disc install does not at all interfere with the texture pack working correct?

they should be two seperate installs and not interfere with each other at all.

dont see why it would be a problem.

Smokey

Izayoi said:
I've completely verification at least five times now, twice with legitimate verification seeing as the game fucking launched.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Did you use VPN method or the IE method?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
KingOfKong said:
so are the rumors true that they are going to wipe stats at midnight PST?
thanks again for the quick reply

Quick reply, Live Thread and a bunch of other scripts which I forget aren't standard makes life easy.
And Ive got nothing better to do in between rounds, so i keep posting in this thread.
probably the most active I've been in an OT ever.

QpdrY.png

Regarding the rumour.....i highly doubt they will do a stats reset, its not fair to the people who actually got the game legit on their release date.

Izayoi

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Got my copy from Best Buy a few minutes ago. I saw around 30-40 people online.
There were about 300 people lined up at a local Gamestop. Drove by and said hi on my way home from school.

Still technically two hours from launch here too.

Mildly impressed.

Steelyuhas said:
No

Izayoi

Banned
Smokey said:
Did you use VPN method or the IE method?
I originally used the VPN method this morning (over 12 hours ago) and the game worked just five for about five hours or so.

I went to school, came back, tried to get back in the game and suddenly BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING and everything went to shit apparently. 10GB into my SECOND redownload now.

What the fuck.

kuYuri

Izayoi said:
There were about 300 people lined up at a local Gamestop. Drove by and said hi on my way home from school.

Mildly impressed.

Where do you live? That's crazy, I expected way more here since I live in NY.

tsigo

Watching people streaming multiplayer on TwitchTV and man, they sure did themselves a disservice with that beta. This looks like such a better game.

Xux

Izayoi said:

Mildly impressed.

Holy crap. There were three at mine when I went to pay it off just now. 2 and a half hours 'til midnight but still.

FStop7

Banned
My very first multiplayer match.

Nearly done, got some good kills and stuff.

Boom. Disconnected from server.

Are we _seriously_ back to this shit from the beta, again? Fuck youuuuuuuuuuu. It wouldn't piss me off so much if it weren't for the unlocks.

This is one of the few midnight releases I haven't gone to for a anticipated title such as BF3. It's killing me! Only... 17 more hours. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Watching this stream

http://www.twitch.tv/bteamgaming

The battle noise going on all around is insane. I don't know how much is ambient noise and how much is actual battle, but the shit is awesome. Really well done with making the battlefield feel alive with how the sound is conveyed with distance.

Way better than the previous games.

Quick

Banned
Just got back from the midnight launch at the EB nearby. About a hundred, I'd say, with even more coming in as I left. Got myself the limited edition PS3 copy with the Back to Karkland expansion and the Physical Warfare pack (pre-order bonus).

Sucks that I'm working in a few hours. :(

Chojin

Weird I can't seem to log into Battlelog :\ Just keeps saying not allowed. I've already put int he online pass and everything.

Never mind! I just had to bitch about it out loud and then it lets me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom