• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonic

So I just asked EA support when the game officially releases and he said "midnight pdt".

I then asked what time that is TN time and he said "same thing".

Wat.

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
Oh yeah, Best Buy launch was pretty nice, they gave me some BF3 dog tags and a free can of Coke Zero, lol.
I love Coke Zero, no joke. :) Did you get the PC version of this?

SLX

Banned
woober said:
http://i.minus.com/ijkKqjOrNGwoE.bmp
I love this shot for some reason. I think the lighting above it makes the decals look artsy.
Holy hi-rez texture wall Batman! That looks incredible. I miss my PC.

Hope the 360 textures are better than they sound.

well, looks like i'm not the only one with the stuck on initializing problem. why is this still a problem faaaahhhuuuuck. Izayoi, I feel your pain bro. I've been installing/uninstalling drivers, the game, Origin, everything for half a day.

I dont know if this has been answered 15 times but my friend is trying to sign in to the battlelog thing and it says "your account is not allowed to log in". Is there a way to fix this?

Izayoi

Banned
MaritalWheat said:
well, looks like i'm not the only one with the stuck on initializing problem. why is this still a problem faaaahhhuuuuck. Izayoi, I feel your pain bro. I've been installing/uninstalling drivers, the game, Origin, everything for half a day.
I'm almost done with my second re-download of the game.

I'm super excited for it to not work.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ColonialRaptor said:
Guys... someone please tell me, as an Aussie, if I want to play the game now do I need to do the proxy unlock?

I still dont know why you havent?
Whats holding you back.

You were actually prepared to wait till Thursday????.
I did the VPN Trick 2 as soon as it was posted.....australia getting the game so late was/is just bullshit.

Can't install HD textures on the arcade slim. Won't let me install them on the system memory or my thumbdrive. :(

Time to pony up on that hdd I suppose.

cripterion

What the hell, I found out the release date is actually the 2nd November in here (Japan). And Origin won't even let me preload this.

EA...

NBtoaster

sw33tclyde said:
Can't install HD textures on the arcade slim. Won't let me install them on the system memory or my thumbdrive. :(

Wait, you can't install it on a thumb drive? What does it say when you try?

Daigoro

Strider2K99 said:
I preordered in-store, so I should be getting an email with it?

hm think this was an issue with the recent Gears 3 launch as well. did you provide them with an email at any point?

its not on your reciept right?

they will get it ironed out one way or another. if you cant find it, check around. there was a big thread from the Gears launch on the BB forum about people missing codes. they set everyone up though im pretty sure.

sw33tclyde said:

Could have told you that long ago, plus installing entire games to the HDD is much better than running from disc.

mcrae

Izayoi said:
That's an exceptionally terrible comparison.

They got an intern handling this or something?

Shots are compressed to hell, different angle, etc.

curious what else falls under the 'etc.' umbrella?

Amagon

Its really getting hard for me adjusting back to the kb/m with this game when I played BC2 on the 360 and BF3 beta on the PS3. Use to play BF1942, BF2, and all the other goodness first person shooter games back in the day with kb/m and now, I'm mad at myself cause my hands are gonna have to relearn again. :\

Besides that personal issue, is anybody having audio dropouts during multi? I have War Tapes selected in the audio menu and my fps chugs a little bit but damn. Audio disappears sporadically off and on during my gaming session.

Izayoi

Banned
mcrae said:
curious what else falls under the 'etc.' umbrella?
Cut is at a different angle in many shots, some shots he is sprinting vs. not (which causes subtle motion blur), misaligned NPCs...

Seriously, that's really fucking bad. Normally their comparisons are decent enough quality wise but I don't know what the fuck happened here.

Daigoro

Digital-Hero said:
Thanks for fixing the OT title, good grief it was bad before.

now if they would just nix the completely random [NVidia Drivers] in the tile it would be even less annoying.

dunno why the hell that was added. so damn random.

All good, I'm in... can't believe I waited so long - it's because I didn't have an Origin copy, but someone is a master of masters and gave me a code and I'm just installing AMD's 11.9 drivers now with CAP3.

Oh Boy I can't wait to see this sucker in full glory... SO EXCITE!!!

mcrae

just sprinted start of roudn to get into my first jet, and pressed e too many times so got in then out, then a teamate got in. then he ran me over.

lol

Mully

HotHamWater said:
For a night map, Tehran is hella light.

But hella tight. Got a 5 kill destruction kill before with the M1 Abrams. I have found my true love again and it is my beautiful M1 Abrams.

Hello sweet darling.

Arment said:
So when do you get to jump off the Peak? Been playing Conquest only and haven't spawned up there.
I haven't played the map on conquest yet but I've heard that the "top" section is only used in rush mode.

These new(ish) AMD drivers are turbo-shitty for me (6770). I'm getting crazy-ass stuttering now, flying heli/planes is practically impossible. Earlier today I was playing on the beta drivers from a few weeks back and they were working fine. Guess I'll roll back for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom