• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColonialRaptor said:
AMD GFX Cards? Which Drivers are you running?

I just installed 11.9 with their CAP3 Crossfire profile.

I have a 6990 and a 6950 unlocked to a 6970.

AMD 6950, recommended preview drivers from the OP.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ColonialRaptor said:
I just played the first mission in the SP Campaign and it ran fine, 2560x1440 with all settings maxed, Ultra everything and it looked incredibly amazingly good and 60fps+......

SLI? [NVidia Drivers]

TheJerit

ColonialRaptor said:
AMD GFX Cards? Which Drivers are you running?

I just installed 11.9 with their CAP3 Crossfire profile.

I have a 6990 and a 6950 unlocked to a 6970.

raptor, get rid of 11.9 and download/install the 11.10 preview v3 driver (keep the 11.9 CAP)

this is the driver ati said to use for bf3 release.

edit: here's a link

http://support.amd.com/it/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat1110PreDriverV3.aspx

my 5850 has been running it gloriously @ Ultra

DoctorZ

Awesome, rolling as a tank gunner capturing 2 objectives mow'n down fools. Get to D and...

Connection to server has timed out

You asshole!!!

U2NUMB

Very impressed with the 360 version so far. The audio is mind blowing even in campaign. If you have headsets put those bad boys on.

Jtrizzy

Playing this with essentially everything maxed on a 50" panny plasma reminds me of that feeling of visual amazement you get when playing a Gears 1 or Uncharted 1 for the first time. Now to try 3D.

The audio is also mind blowing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sigma Storm said:
Thanks, it's a little small for my liking, though.

How are you playing in Australia? Did you order through Origin?

Ordered through a CD Key website ($40), redeemed on Origin, Korean VPN stunt, unlocked last night....Been playing all day.

Plus the weather just took a turn for the better (its colder), so im gonna overclock my GTX570 back up to 950/2300....Yay for Sydney weather!

So how the fuck do I play?
The Game Manager in Battlelog says
Battlefield 3
Game: Update Available

And won't let me play until I update it. But clicking the link provided opens up the Battlefield 3 store page in Origin. When I return to my list of games, right click Battlefield 3 and check for an update, it says no update available.

:(:(

Glassboy

Looks like amazon is sold out of their allocation of the ps3 version. Hot damn! I have the pc copy that I've been playing like a madman today and then tomorrow I'll have three ps3 copies to play with my roomies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why did they change the control config for every fucking vehicle? They don't even give a BC2 option.

I'm starting to hate DICE.

The new tank controls are retarded. And I've crashed every chopper I get into. This is so disappointing.

Wow I have no idea what I'm doing in multiplayer. Really wish there was some kinda tutorial or you could screw around with some vehicles in a bot map or something...basically I'm just running around like a chicken without my head at this point.

Anyone got any battlefied newb tips? I'm having a hell of a time even quickly recognizing my team vs the enemy at this point...heh. And how are you ever supposed to figure out what you'redoing with the vehicles when you're just getting pwned constantly?

This is maybe random, but Battlefield marks my true return to KB/Mouse controls. Not by choice really, the damn QTEs only show mouse/keyboard prompts. Hitting controls on the xbox controller doesn't seem to take.

Anyway, the thing is whenever I move the mouse to look around its not smooth like an analog stick, so it feels jerky. I've also accidentally switched to windows mode by accident hitting the windows key when I was fumbling around for "z" to go prone.

Any tips from veteran KB/Mouse gamers out there? I do have the input set to "raw" in the options, but I'm wondering if there's any other way to get smoother movement. A higher DPS mouse maybe? Or will that just make it worse? Or is this just growing pains as I get re-acclimated to the mouse?

Aselith

NullPointer said:
This is maybe random, but Battlefield marks my true return to KB/Mouse controls. Not by choice really, the damn QTEs only show mouse/keyboard prompts. Hitting controls on the xbox controller doesn't seem to take.

Anyway, the thing is whenever I move the mouse to look around its not smooth like an analog stick, so it feels jerky. I've also accidentally switched to windows mode by accident hitting the windows key when I was fumbling around for "z" to go prone.

Any tips from veteran KB/Mouse gamers out there? I do have the input set to "raw" in the options, but I'm wondering if there's any other way to get smoother movement. A higher DPS mouse maybe? Or will that just make it worse? Or is this just growing pains as I get re-acclimated to the mouse?

How smooth is the game running? It could be stuttering due to framerate issues rather than actual mouse lag.

Card Boy

Banned
Little OT comment and hopefully it doesn't derail the thread too much, LovingSteam will love this.

I made my Origin account today, and holy fuck i'm impressed its so simple and clean. It's no Steam but man EA's Origin conversion strategy is working on me!

Atomski

Evolved1 said:
Why did they change the control config for every fucking vehicle? They don't even give a BC2 option.

I'm starting to hate DICE.

The new tank controls are retarded. And I've crashed every chopper I get into. This is so disappointing.
Ive had no issues with them... shrug..

NullPointer said:

I highly recommend fumbling with key bindings before doing anything else.

Aselith said:
How smooth is the game running? It could be stuttering due to framerate issues rather than actual mouse lag.
Its only really when I'm moving. If I stand still and look around quickly its fast and smooth, but once I start using it in combination with WASD its just, jerky is probably the best word. I'm too used to smooth analog movements maybe.

But just to be sure next time I boot the game up I'll lower some details to see if that helps things. I've got the game running on max (that was the default) and I haven't noticed any slowdowns, but you never know.

demolitio

Anyone actually get their 1911 from the Gun Club? If so, how?

I kept checking all over to register for it, then logged out and tried to log back in and now I get a connection timeout error so I can't even log back in to my Gun Club account...lol

Aselith

NullPointer said:
Its only really when I'm moving. If I stand still and look around quickly its fast and smooth, but once I start using it in combination with WASD its just, jerky is probably the best word. I'm too used to smooth analog movements maybe.

But just to be sure next time I boot the game up I'll lower some details to see if that helps things. I've got the game running on max (that was the default) and I haven't noticed any slowdowns, but you never know.

I would say that's almost certainly an issue with the game chugging then. Try setting some stuff a little lower maybe shadows and antialiasing and if that doesn't fix it, drop one resolution level and see if it does a little better.

What's the deal with the Physical Warfare DLC for Origin pre-orders? I just noticed I don't have anything from it. Anyone who pre-ordered it on Origin receive it?

AppleMIX

Revolutionary said:
What's the deal with the Physical Warfare DLC for Origin pre-orders? I just noticed I don't have anything from it. Anyone who pre-ordered it on Origin receive it?

Wondering the same thing. I haven't got anything yet.

Edit: They should be sent through your email. Redeem the code on Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom