• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 11.10 Drivers, now the frames are fluctuating from 40 - 80 every 5 seconds and it's impossible to play it's like going from fast to slow every step... SO annoying.

derFeef

Ice Raven said:
So apparently playing bf3 for more than 3 hours will fry a 500w psu. with a oc gtx 580 and 2600k at stock speed.smh.
Hm, which PSU was that? A good 500W PSU can handle it, but if it's a cheap thing then maybe not. nvidia recommends 650W I believe for the 580.

derFeef

ColonialRaptor said:
Updated to 11.10 Drivers, now the frames are fluctuating from 40 - 80 every 5 seconds and it's impossible to play it's like going from fast to slow every step... SO annoying.
Are you running crossfire? If yes - install the recommended CAP V3 too. You can find them on the same page as the driver.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
_tetsuo_ said:
Been kicked from 2 servers so far by administrators. They mad?
i had that problem earlier today. it seems punkbuster didnt install so ended up redownloading 11 gigsi

derFeef said:
Hm, which PSU was that? A good 500W PSU can handle it, but if it's a cheap thing then maybe not. nvidia recommends 650W I believe for the 580.
Corsair. It shouldn't have affected the motherboard/ gtx580/i7 right?

Longshot

mr_nothin said:
So many squad leader only spawn servers!
:D
Excellent, sounds like lots of BF 2 vets have set there servers up already.

Red Blaster said:
Which were awful because they turned into grenade spamfests that made CoD4 blush.
Yep.

Don't forgot the horrible hit detection, broken recoil and random deviation. :\

Marvie_3

Banned
demolitio said:
Anyone actually get their 1911 from the Gun Club? If so, how?

I kept checking all over to register for it, then logged out and tried to log back in and now I get a connection timeout error so I can't even log back in to my Gun Club account...lol
Mine did that too but it gave me the gun when I started the game.

iam220

That damn chatscreen! So annoying. Any known way to turn it off yet?

Other than that and the occasional disconnect this game is pretty much everything I was hopping for. Well done DICE, well done.

Smokey

Ice Raven said:
Corsair. It shouldn't have affected the motherboard/ gtx580/i7 right?

Post this in the PC thread, I wanna see what they say.

In other news, ph33nix and I were banned from a BF3 server today from some power happy admin. Pheeniks was talking to us in our squad and the admin started getting all pissy for no reason over a cuss word or something that was said within squad chat. I lol cuz dude is being a dick and he kicks and bans both of us lol.

Ah can't wait for day 1

Izayoi

Banned
Guys, if you put in an application for NeoGAF NA West and have not been accepted yet, please quote this post and reply with your Origin ID or send me a PM with it instead.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

foomfoom415 said:
So how the fuck do I play?
The Game Manager in Battlelog says
Battlefield 3
Game: Update Available

And won't let me play until I update it. But clicking the link provided opens up the Battlefield 3 store page in Origin. When I return to my list of games, right click Battlefield 3 and check for an update, it says no update available.

:(:(

geeko420 said:
Right click on the game in origin and do a repair install. It will go over the files and update it at the same time. Worked for me.

All this did for me was pop up a window with a progress bar that displayed for about 5 seconds before disappearing.

I've rebooted, reinstalled Origin and Batt 3 but to no avail. I can play single player by running "bf3.exe -sp" but I'm in this for the multiplayer. :(

Flambe

Bleh, trying to play SP but it runs fine on High except every 5 secs or so it stutters, sometimes kinda badly to the point of being unplayable.

Running latest Nvidia drivers with a 560Ti and 2500k OC'ed. I don't think I'm overstepping my settings, when it's not stuttering the framerates are quite smooth

Izayoi said:
Guys, if you put in an application for NeoGAF NA West and have not been accepted yet, please quote this post and reply with your Origin ID or send me a PM with it instead.

Thanks in advance!

Is it too late to apply? My ID is giantrobut.

centracore

ERROR. Online Pass check failed. Please try again later.
REALLY EA? If you're going to require everyone entering a stupid code to play your games online YOU SHOULD PROBABLY MAKE SURE THE FUCKING SERVER STAYS UP. I can't even play co-op with my roommate.. all I can do for now is play single player which I could care less about.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Izayoi said:

Thanks in advance!

I can't log into battlelog to even apply until I get my copy from amazon =(.

kuYuri

Normal difficulty for campaign is kinda tough. You die much easier than you think, last time I had that feeling was Resistance 2.

Vard

I preordered the game from Amazon about a month ago and just found out they had/have a $20 credit deal for preordering, like they did with BC2. I'm pretty sure they'll give me the credit since I already preordered, but I read some people are canceling and re-ordering to get in on the deal... That's not necessary, right?

slighty OT, but what are some things I can do to combat motion sickness (specially in FPS)
I've had a big problem in the past with certain FPS (metro, crysis, BF2) so I'm wondering what, if anything I can do.

red731

Noisepurge said:
is the Battlelog message "Your account is not allowed to login" related to the release date schenanigans?

I am getting that too, but don't have the game. Do you have it and tried it after lauching in(if console)?

Maybe you must first run it on console, then it will send some info to battlelog and opens it up?

edit: if you are writting here, you may be on PC. I smh at myself and go away....:D

Darkone

I have GTX560 Ti, playing the first level was great, the game ran smoothly, but at second level i have screen freez at some points even with the new drivers :(.

ColonialRaptor said:
Install 11.10 preview 2, don't install the CAP (uninstall if you already have it) and use vsync in-game.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow! I just the had the most fun online in a long ass time. Holy shit grand bazaar is fun! Everyone was playing as a team and my gos it was glorious.

kuYuri

Darkone said:
I have GTX560 Ti, playing the first level was great, the game ran smoothly, but at second level i have screen freez at some points even with the new drivers :(.

I'm on 560 Ti with latest drivers also and I didn't encounter any such issues.

lol was I the only guy who died a bunch at the 2nd level where they are yelling at you to man the lmg?

Keep on getting rocketed, until I realized I wasn't suppose to rambo it out, but to back away everytime cover blew out or something.

DarkJC

^^^ haha, definitely not. Normal here.

Strider2K99 said:
Normal difficulty for campaign is kinda tough. You die much easier than you think, last time I had that feeling was Resistance 2.

Yeah, had that problem where you had to run up on the walkway and grab the LMG in the beginning of the game. Heard them repeat that line a few too many times...

Game is so gorgeous though, and the multiplayer is incredibly intense.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
evil solrac v3.0 said:
slighty OT, but what are some things I can do to combat motion sickness (specially in FPS)
I've had a big problem in the past with certain FPS (metro, crysis, BF2) so I'm wondering what, if anything I can do.

Dramamine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom