• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

Mully said:
But hella tight. Got a 5 kill destruction kill before with the M1 Abrams. I have found my true love again and it is my beautiful M1 Abrams.

Hello sweet darling.

i love being a tank whore.

Izayoi said:
Wow, what a fucking joke.

COMPLETE RE-DOWNLOAD AND RE-INSTALL OF BF3

BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING

what the FUCK

Master Race *TM*

i am sorry :(

winnarps

Any tips on flying the jets?

I can keep one up and flying about just fine - just shooting someone else down with the machine gun seems impossible. Which makes me wonder how the heck anyone can level these things up.

Izayoi

Banned
Haha, I found the solution.

It's as simple as deleting your save and disabling their piece of shit cloud save service.

Apparently that 48mb patch invalidated existing save files, and the cloud save kept re-downloading the invalid files.

Thanks DICE.

For anyone having connection issues on PC: Turning off UPNP on the router helped during the beta. There's ports for PC/PS3/360 a few pages back, as well.

Mikey Jr. said:
Anyone know when reviews for the PS3/360 versions will be up?

Seems like sites only got console copies earlier today.

Anyone else do Amazon release date delivery? Previous times they shipped the game the day before but haven't thus far with BF3... would be very disappointed if Amazon didn't make the date but I have some faith since they haven't let me down before with it.

EDIT: NVM, after talking to customer service it seems like they were just late in updating my shipping status. Can't wait for tomorrow!

owlbeak

So anyone on Xbox 360 getting randomly disconnected from Live and unable to reconnect until they reset their system? Has happened four times to me so far, and my net is perfectly fine and stable.

Izayoi

Banned
soulassssns said:
I just ran into a Cloud sync conflict. Has this happened to anybody else yet?
See:
Izayoi said:

It's as simple as deleting your save and disabling their piece of shit cloud save service.

Apparently that 48mb patch invalidated existing save files, and the cloud save kept re-downloading the invalid files.

Thanks DICE.
Caused me hours of headaches.

EVERYONE ON PC: DISABLE CLOUD SAVES

supersaw

soulassssns said:
LOL ^^^that.

Mine cause my PC to blue screen a few times.

Are you running 11.10 v3 preview drivers? I've had a few blue screens too. Every other game no problem. Welcome to the true beta peoples.

Izayoi

Banned
loblaw said:
Does it just save locally then?
Yes. The problem with the cloud saves is that it saves both locally AND in the cloud simultaneously, causing conflicts, corrupted save files, and all kinds of other great stuff.

Avoid cloud saves, avoid headaches.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Just finished the jet mission in the campaign...I don't think I've ever been more bored while playing a video game.

I wouldn't be so disappointed in the SP if DICE hadn't already shown they could make a fun campaign with BC1.

Izayoi

Banned
Looks like my old save file is impossible to restore, no matter how hard I try.

Here's to five hours of replaying what I just played earlier today.

Swing and miss, EA.

PatzCU

Izayoi said:

Thanks DICE.

I'm glad it was this and not some crazy irreparable damage from the VPN trick. I still feel a little weird for using that to unlock the game early.

I just played the first mission in the SP Campaign and it ran fine, 2560x1440 with all settings maxed, Ultra everything and it looked incredibly amazingly good and 60fps+

Now, I get to the second mission and for some funky weird reason it just won't run properly, when I don't move my mouse the game runs fine, 50 - 60 fps but as soon as I try and move the mouse, everything goes all flickery, jerky and runs at 11fps, it's like it's just instant locked at 11fps... It is the weirdest graphical problem I have ever experienced and I don't understand why it's happening!

Anyone else been running into this?

ColonialRaptor said:
I just played the first mission in the SP Campaign and it ran fine, 2560x1440 with all settings maxed, Ultra everything and it looked incredibly amazingly good and 60fps+

Now, I get to the second mission and for some funky weird reason it just won't run properly, when I don't move my mouse the game runs fine, 50 - 60 fps but as soon as I try and move the mouse, everything goes all flickery, jerky and runs at 11fps, it's like it's just instant locked at 11fps... It is the weirdest graphical problem I have ever experienced and I don't understand why it's happening!

Anyone else been running into this?

This is exactly what's been happening to me.

demolitio

This game is a Godsend since it can cure a bad day and even bad months. About time this came out and now my time will be occupied, lol.

Did anyone like the beginner's guide in the OT? :p

Edit: And I agree on Metro. I was asking back in the beta for server admins to have it removed from the list for at least a few weeks...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom