• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegies

gillFTR said:
Did they nerf bullet damage ? it feels like it took way less bullets to kill someone in beta.

They scaled damage back toward Bad Company 2 and away from Medal of Honor/Call of Duty. It makes the other classes more useful - support is needed more often as you run out of ammo more often.

That said, engineers are far too weak against armor.

Hmm...seem to have trouble playing now

Disconnected from server and game froze in another. Guess I'll call it a night

EDIT: And it looks like Battlelog hasn't updated my MP stats. Played two matches so far

Jtrizzy

Using a controller in this game is worthless, which will force me to learn kb/m. In single player, the button prompts don't change, and the QTE's don't work period. Vehicle gunner doesn't aim.

Jtrizzy said:
Using a controller in this game is worthless, which will force me to learn kb/m. In single player, the button prompts don't change, and the QTE's don't work period. Vehicle gunner doesn't aim.

Really?

I'm screwed.

red731

Sleeplessnights said:
Any idea why I can't sign in to Battlelog?

We can't either. Maybe we must wait until we hit the time quota for our region.

It says : Your account is not allowed to login.

Jtrizzy

Spanish Wrath said:
Really?

I'm screwed.

Yeah I am a converted console BC2 player, and it just doesn't work on many levels. You need some auto aim/assist with a controller, and you don't get that. I have one of those game pad things coming tomorrow (G-13) and I hope that helps.

My problem isn't mouse aiming, it's using wasd, and having my left hand responsible for so many tasks compared to a controller. Something along the lines of the move nav controller might work well with a mouse, but I have no idea if anything like that exists.

Orgun

red731 said:
We can't either. Maybe we must wait until we hit the time quota for our region.

It says : Your account is not allowed to login.

I think you need to actually install the game and associate it with your account before it will let you log in

Jtrizzy said:
Yeah I am a converted console BC2 player, and it just doesn't work on many levels. You need some auto aim/assist with a controller, and you don't get that. I have one of those game pad things coming tomorrow (G-13) and I hope that helps.

My problem isn't mouse aiming, it's using wasd, and having my left hand responsible for so many tasks compared to a controller. Something along the lines of the move nav controller might work well with a mouse, but I have no idea if anything like that exists.

My problem is that I'm a comfy couch user, and using KB+Mouse is ver uncomfortable to me.

vanty

Jtrizzy said:

Just give the keyboard a month, and you'll struggle to ever go back to a gamepad for FPS. I guess it's like driving a manual for the first time, you may initially find it so difficult and want to quit, but before long you'll hate driving any automatic car.

vanty said:
Just give the keyboard a month, and you'll struggle to ever go back to a gamepad for FPS. I guess it's like driving a manual for the first time, you may initially find it so difficult and want to quit, but before long you'll hate driving any automatic car.

I love both, am I crazy?

mandiller

I know people don't buy Battlefield for the single player, but I've got to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the campaign. Dice have done a great job. I really don't get the hate at all. I'm have a lot more fun with it than I ever had with a Call of Duty campaign.

The third level
(Jets!)
was pretty breathtaking. I got a rush from playing that level and that doesn't normally happen with a video game. It was very immersive. The later levels are also a lot of fun and the gunplay feels a lot better than in past Battlefield games. Although, in multiplayer the bullet lag on the servers is getting old fast. Multiplayer is still great though. I just hope they take care of the lag eventually.

red731

Orgun said:
I think you need to actually install the game and associate it with your account before it will let you log in

Well I am on console, but I think the same you wrote.
Put the game in drive, lauch and then it will associate psn id with battlelog and after that can we log in.

Must wait one more day until I will try it.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Our NeoGAF server is up!

Just search "Neogaf" in the server browser and you'll find it. It's literally been up a minute so come join us! :)

Sweet, I'll try it out (please let the game work!)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Don't think I've been killed by any class other than Engineer :lol I can't believe they've shipped the game with the exact same server issues that were in the Beta.

zlatko

Banned
Joining gaf server now. Hoping to God I never have to play Operation Metro again. You thought Rush on that map was bad, try 64 player conquest. WORST MAP EVER MADE EVER!

FStop7

Banned
Hey, have PDWs gotten their promised nerfs or is the UMP still a homewrecking little hussy?

Whatever was plaguing Batteblog earlier seems to have cleared up for me. It's no longer lagging or throwing up error pages. Seems like more than just reduced traffic due to the time of night, like maybe they increased their capacity. Anyway, things have been a lot smoother.

Just played for about 5 hours. This multiplayer experience has been some of the best ever. I am a God when it comes to flying jets, just unlocked the missles and now im just swatting flies out of the air. Im glad the PS3 launch went smooth. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

demolitio

Izayoi said:
When the expansion is released.

In a month or two.
Luckily we have a good MP game to hold us off til' then. Yes, I mean BF3 is great but it's only passing the time until the return of Karkand, Wake, Sharqi, Oman! See, I can't even just say one because they're all brilliant. With just a little bit of destruction, Karkand could be amazing to see at the end of a round...lol

hiverbon

Neo Member
So did I hear that a patch broke all existing saves? Is that only if you have cloud save enabled? Can I restart from a mission I'm on or is all progress lost? Is it possible to start Origin in an offline mode so that it doesn't receive the patch?

WoodenLung said:
Oh and I have been wondering what they use this shovel for... When they have to shit on the battleground?

bf32011-10-2422-40-12-3jvx.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrenching_tool

It's used for mining mines among other things. It has a unique name over here in Europe.

Daigoro

Sleeplessnights said:
I love both, am I crazy?

no he is.

im equally comfortable wth a controller, m/kb, and an arcade stick. they are all viable options. they just take practice if you're not used to them.

it is funny listening to noobs struggle with m/kb though. suck it up fellas! you haaaad to join the Master Race, dont complain now. :p

[NVidia Drivers]

demolitio

Nekrono said:
We just popped the cherry off the GAF server and it was good, can't wait until the server is full.
Yea, I only stopped in for a second before the map ended but I got it favorited and ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom