• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

CozMick

Banned
Oh ffs, I had no idea the Back to Karkand expansion wasn't released for a month after launch.

That fucking sucks major ass! :\

zlatko

Banned
I'm off to sleep, so if anyone could possibly PM me the answer to my question above I'd appreciate it, since I'm pretty sure this thread will be 30 pages ahead when I get back. xD

Izayoi

Banned
zlatko said:
I like that change, but did they fix how you can just mash spot like a maniac across the map to get free spots ? Or is there a limit to how many times you can hit it before a cool down kicks in ?
You spam too quickly and you'll get a warning tone, and a cooldown period - just like in beta.

Phandy

Ikuu said:
Game is almost unplayable with all these server issues.

Really? I haven't had a single server disconnect or anything.

The only problem I'm having is how there is BAD performance deterioration over time. Its silky smooth for the first 15-20 minutes, then afterwards its starts stuttering. And then more stuttering, and more. Until you have to restart the game :(

I'm basically having to restart the game after every match.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Phandy said:
Really? I haven't had a single server disconnect or anything.

The only problem I'm having is how there is BAD performance deterioration over time. Its silky smooth for the first 15-20 minutes, then afterwards its starts stuttering. And then more stuttering, and more. Until you have to restart the game :(

I'm basically having to restart the game after every match.
Far too many servers have rubber banding, on one it took me like 4 goes to try and walk up some stairs. I get kicked from loads of servers, and just as many won't let me connect at all. Can't believe they didn't fix this from beta.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but I'm kind of worried about this line from 1UP's console review:

Graphical pop-in is a noticeable issue on both platforms; certain models -- characters, objects, weapons -- pop in and out of the world as the camera shifts -- even at close distances. The most common offender is foliage, but I've seen this happen to pipes on buildings, and even enemy players in multiplayer matches. The game also suffers from minor texture pop-in; this becomes most noticeable when watching enemy players on the "kill-cam" after dying in a multiplayer match.
Enemies popping in and out in multiplayer...?

Nabs

Metalmurphy said:
Has anyone been able to access the Steam overlay with this? I got it to show up but SHIFT+TAB doesn't work.
I had trouble with the origin overlay yesterday. The pop ups would show, but I couldn't use shift + f1 or whatever the hotkey is.

Mit- said:
I think I'm just going to have to accept that the level of teamwork and cooperation in this game is simply never going to match that of Battlefield 2. Everything about it seems to promote "run to nearest orange square and shoot."

- The only way to see the entire map is zoom out on the minimap and enlarge the minimap
- No squad leaders
- Because there's no squad leaders, you have no idea what squads are where on the map
- No squad management because there's no squad leaders
- NO VOICE CHAT UNLESS YOU'RE FRIENDS
- ^^abso-fuckin-lutely absurd

Pretty much agree with all of this. Bring back Squad Leaders, please. Or at least have the decency to call this game Bad Company 3.

Played for a couple hours tonight on 360, mostly being a dick waiting to spawn in the jet or chopper to get unlocks before the flood of people tomorrow.

managed to unlock flares, stealth, and heatseekers on the jet and flares in the chopper.

Flying the chopper is a nightmare without flares. How are people who pick this up a week from now expected to get into ANY air vehicle? IR flares should have been unlocked by default on every vehicle.

Choppers handle differently than BC2, can't put my finger on it. You can roll over a lot more easily?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol Trying to jump through a window and it just plays the hurdling animation and you bounce off the top of the window.

hiverbon

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:
Has anyone been able to access the Steam overlay with this? I got it to show up but SHIFT+TAB doesn't work.

If you run Origin.exe as the Steam game and not the BF3.exe itself it works fine. You just need to remember to close Origin once you're done with BF3.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Strafer said:
So how is the sound? :D

memorex.jpg

jorma

is now taking requests
when my retailer claimed they had mailed the package on sunday i was sure i was gonna get it today, sooooo disappointed right now :X

1-D_FTW

PoweredBySoy said:
Pretty much agree with all of this. Bring back Squad Leaders, please. Or at least have the decency to call this game Bad Company 3.

Seconded. It's shocking how much a huge step backwards this is. It's like we've traveled back in time to 1996 or something.

The worst thing is when you have a group of 4 friends who've co-ordinated outside the game (since there's zero coordination within the game) and they just rape away. It's like Dice looked at Nintendo and said, hmm, how can we strip away any sense of in-game communication/co-ordination and make it completely isolated. The choices they've made are astounding.

Yaska

jorma said:
when my retailer claimed they had mailed the package on sunday i was sure i was gonna get it today, sooooo disappointed right now :X
My retailer: "we're gonna send you notice that we will ship today but we will be trolling and sending it on tuesday". And they sent that only to me... none of my friends got that. So now I have no idea when I'll get my copy.
They actually sent me notice about that shipping thing.

red731

Question -

If you are voice chatting, in mid sentence and killed, will it cut the voice chat since you are dead ingame?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fuck wrong thread,

I wanted to post this in the reviews thread.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn son.

Those who buy the game for multiplayer likely won't care that these elements aren't up to par, but what stings most is the thought of what DICE could have done to evolve and expand its multiplayer design skills if the mantra of "BEAT COD" hadn't been drummed so relentlessly into the development process. Battlefield didn't need to be more like Call of Duty to succeed, it just had to double down on what it was already good at. Hopefully that's a lesson that will be learned by the time Battlefield 4 roars into view.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-25-battlefield-3-review-review

.hacked

So I don't play games online, should I bother with BF3?

I enjoyed the Bad Company games, does BF3 have a similar offline mode or should I just wait for MW3?

.hacked said:
So I don't play games online, should I bother with BF3?

I enjoyed the Bad Company games, does BF3 have a similar offline mode or should I just wait for MW3?

I'd pass. Offline mode is a 5 hour campaign. It lacks the humor and fun of the Bad Company games. It's a good technical showcase but ultimately a forgettable campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom