• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They really need to work on the 'pathing' you get stuck on far too many objects, rocks you should be able to walk up you need to jump over.

demolitio

Good to know that they made air units even worse by making the Stinger the first unlock. At least on Caspian, the jets could fly high enough to avoid them, but with the scout chopper, you HAVE to be within range simply because you won't see or kill shit otherwise, and it doesn't help that the guns have no splash damage still either.

Yes, you get flares early with the scout choppers, but does that mean a thing when every damn engineer in the game already has Stingers if they so choose and when the helos can barely do shit to ground targets before dying?

:mad:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Tehran highway is such a bad map, it seems to be bugged or something. Every server i've been on ends up lagging, rubber banding to it. Every other map is fine.

Card Boy

Banned
With the PC version is it possible to use mouse and keyboard for the run and gun stuff and switch over to a Xbox 360 pad for the Vehicles?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
evlcookie said:
Tehran highway is such a bad map, it seems to be bugged or something. Every server i've been on ends up lagging, rubber banding to it. Every other map is fine.
The servers are horrible, I'm getting rubber banding on most of them, they didn't fix the problems from beta either.

Im running a really crappy graphics card because my old one melted.

Core i5 2400 - Nvidia GT230 graphics card, I've got everything set to low and the game runs smooth but the animations are stuttering like crazy.

Is there any way of fixing it or will i have to wait till i get a replacement gpu?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The map with the huge tunnel is nuts. Something Peak it's called. I have never seen a hallway so heavily contested.

Glassboy

yeah, conquest pretty much all takes place in there. I don't mind because its pretty damn big. Also, I had a holy shit moment when an enemy helicopter flew right by me when I was in the tunnel. Fucking awesome

_tetsuo_ said:
The map with the huge tunnel is nuts. Something Peak it's called. I have never seen a hallway so heavily contested.

Damavand Peak and yeah, it's really nuts in that tunnel at times.

StoppedInTracks said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrenching_tool

It's used for mining mines among other things. It has a unique name over here in Europe.

Ah that's awesome. Had no idea. Still looks like a shit shovel though.

RaGe_pt

I played the ps3 beta and enjoyed it though I didn't have a lot of time to really apreciate the game. I might buy this one next month. How's multiplayer in the final version? Amazing as always?

Dammit to hell, why did it not put an installer in the installer folder I indicated?! I don't want to have to download 8 GB again to put this on my laptop or back up the game.

KAOz

Short bus special
Watching videos of the multiplayer maps now.

Fuck. Why don't I have money for this game!? My Ps3 is craving it. Damnit.

zlatko

Banned
Good games GAF. I especially enjoyed when I did a point blank RPG to my feet to hit an enemy and suicide, yet he dies and I live.

trollface.jpg

Mit-

I think I'm just going to have to accept that the level of teamwork and cooperation in this game is simply never going to match that of Battlefield 2. Everything about it seems to promote "run to nearest orange square and shoot."

- The only way to see the entire map is zoom out on the minimap and enlarge the minimap
- No squad leaders
- Because there's no squad leaders, you have no idea what squads are where on the map
- No squad management because there's no squad leaders
- NO VOICE CHAT UNLESS YOU'RE FRIENDS
- ^^abso-fuckin-lutely absurd

Looks like I need to go find a clan and add the entire clan to my friends list and join the clan's server if I want to have a better experience :\

And this unlock shit is bullshit. I fucking hate CoD for unleashing this on the multiplayer world. Just starting out? Weak as shit. No weapons. No upgrades. No gadgets. Good luck earning those points while getting destroyed by the high levels who have all that shit already!

/rant

I love having emblem editors like this!

vKQ12.png

Daigoro

zlatko said:
Good games GAF. I especially enjoyed when I did a point blank RPG to my feet to hit an enemy and suicide, yet he dies and I live.

trollface.jpg

try shooting at enemies with a gun next time.

zlatko said:

trollface.jpg

XD

The opposite happened to me. Close range RPG kill on an enemy and not a scratch on me :p

Feels good man

zlatko

Banned
AppleMIX said:
Yeah, thanks a lot. :/

Idk if I liked that map we played on that much for conquest. I couldn't find a good spot to get sniping going, and I totally suck at assault rifles. The night time map after though I found a nice spot. :)

Kyaw

zlatko said:

trollface.jpg

Our team won when i came online. :D

AppleMIX

zlatko said:
Idk if I liked that map we played on that much for conquest. I couldn't find a good spot to get sniping going, and I totally suck at assault rifles. The night time map after though I found a nice spot. :)

Yeah, I agree.

I tend to like medic/assault more. Also, holy shit vehicles are hard to destroy.

IMACOMPUTA

The game has crashed a lot for me tonight.
Different ways, too.

I've had the game just freeze for a while and then get booted with battlelog telling me my connection timed out..

and twice the game has just CTD with no error message or anything.

Right guys, I have a Microsoft mouse and I can't assign buttons 4 and 5.

Is there anything I can do to trick the game into thinking they're different buttons so I can bind them? I want them to be spotting etc.

zlatko

Banned
What did they change about spotting? Is it still Q spam? In Alpha it was broken as hell, and in beta it was toned down so you couldn't spam Q, but now I wasn't able to spot much at all.

How does it work here in retail ?

mr_nothin

Banned
Mit- said:
I think I'm just going to have to accept that the level of teamwork and cooperation in this game is simply never going to match that of Battlefield 2. Everything about it seems to promote "run to nearest orange square and shoot."

- The only way to see the entire map is zoom out on the minimap and enlarge the minimap
- No squad leaders
- Because there's no squad leaders, you have no idea what squads are where on the map
- No squad management because there's no squad leaders
- NO VOICE CHAT UNLESS YOU'RE FRIENDS
- ^^abso-fuckin-lutely absurd

Looks like I need to go find a clan and add the entire clan to my friends list and join the clan's server if I want to have a better experience :\

And this unlock shit is bullshit. I fucking hate CoD for unleashing this on the multiplayer world. Just starting out? Weak as shit. No weapons. No upgrades. No gadgets. Good luck earning those points while getting destroyed by the high levels who have all that shit already!

/rant
There are some AWESOME servers out there that force squad leader spawning only + no killcam + no spotting. It feels so great. Feels good knowing that the whole enemy team doesnt know your specific location.

zlatko said:
What did they change about spotting? Is it still Q spam? In Alpha it was broken as hell, and in beta it was toned down so you couldn't spam Q, but now I wasn't able to spot much at all.

How does it work here in retail ?
Anytime your line of sight is broken by anything then the triangle disappears. If they go behind a wall or if you move behind a wall or a bush or something then they wont be spotted anymore.

Nabs

Foliorum Viridum said:
Right guys, I have a Microsoft mouse and I can't assign buttons 4 and 5.

Is there anything I can do to trick the game into thinking they're different buttons so I can bind them? I want them to be spotting etc.

Try X-Mouse Button Control. I think you select the mouse button and then "simulate keys". You should be able to map it to anything you want.

zlatko

Banned
I like that change, but did they fix how you can just mash spot like a maniac across the map to get free spots ? Or is there a limit to how many times you can hit it before a cool down kicks in ?

Oh and I don't remember it being in beta, but what's up with this hold Q stuff? To add to that, I got points for tapping Q onto objective flags in capture the flag, saying "defend this flag," or "attack this one." If my team did that, then I got 20 points for it. How does this all work and are there others I should be aware of ?

ColonelVirus

Neo Member
Wow *Slow Clap* This just keeps going... and going... the amount of awesomeness contained all in one place... I need to lay down. You sir, have won the internet for the day.

I'm also really distraught because I'm downloading the game now (in the UK, but apparently we have access to it early for w.e reason). and yesterday I sliced my left index finger open with a saw, so typing and playing game's is trouble some, I can't walk right, or use grenades etc :( FML. Gonna be so hard to play.

Grokbu

ColonelVirus said:
and yesterday I sliced my left index finger open with a saw, so typing and playing game's is trouble some, I can't walk right, or use grenades etc :( FML. Gonna be so hard to play.
Ouch, that sucks. :(

Try start using your middle finger - pinkie? Might be annoying to use shift etc. though. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom