• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
installing now

my GTX 580 hasn't arrived yet but for now i'll play with my GTX 285. Let's see how it will be.

scogoth said:
BE ADVISED

For all applicants to NA EAST Platoon please apply through battlelog and then PM me with your Origin Username. We are near the limit for members and can't accept everyone who applies without verifying GAF membership.

Sounds too organized and governmental, no thanks. #OccupyBF3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nostalgia~4ever said:
you seemed pretty down on the game before it even came out so why did you buy it?

Also it is the multiplayer that is impressive with that kind of graphics, scale, animation, destruction etc. Single player is just a campaign afterall.

I wasn't down on the game, I was down on the beta, which was balls. I've been adamant that I was going to buy Battlefield 3 eventually, likely early next year, because I've been a big fan of the mainline Battlefield games since 1942. I just moved house, and that process combined with crossover bills has left me financially strapped. I've had to go through my wanted list of games for the end of the year and scratch off a few that will just have to wait until next year in order to save some dosh. Underwhelming beta and more interesting titles meant that Battlefield 3 got cut.

Much to my surprise a friend had a spare key, and gave it to me, which I'm very thankful for, as it means I get to enjoy the multiplayer with the rest of the world :).

And as Metalmurphy said, the campaign sucking probably contributes to the negative impression it's left on me. I don't think the game is ugly, even when I know it is technically beautiful, I'm just rarely attracted to ultra realism in video game art. Even when I know it looks good, it rarely leaves a huge impact on me, whereas more adventurous, unrealistic and crazy stuff tends to stick with me.

iam220

Man, Grand Bazar is such an awesome map. I swear I had my jaw down through the entire play through, the graphics, the mayhem, the sound it was like a complete overload of my senses. Soo awesome, can't wait till tonight, common work day hurry up and finish already.

Hellcrow

Sooooo, how do I get to train on my helicopter flying without being shot down by everything before I even reach the first tank?

mcrae

can anyone confirm whether ballistic sights reduce damage? seems like i was 1 shot killing everything (arm, leg, whatever) with the sv-98, but i tossed on ballistic sights and no more. (hardcore mode)

any impressions?

I don't really think the campaign sucks, it's just very scripted and CoD'ish, which is disappointing when you look at what they could have done, such a brain fart not to let us fly the jet in that awesome mission and just have some more open worlded missions. But yeah the multiplayer is where it really shines, some maps like metro conquest is just a mess but the bigger ones provides some of the best entertainment I have had in multiplayer for a long time.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm stuck on 'Comrades', trying to do the street chase. Everytime I pass through the tunnel (5:48), I get lit up in the street.
Since I'm playing on hard it only takes a couple shots for me to die. If I stop, he gets away. If I run, I die.

Anyone pass this part on hard mode?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
iam220 said:
Man, Grand Bazar is such an awesome map. I swear I had my jaw down through the entire play through, the graphics, the mayhem, the sound it was like a complete overload of my senses. Soo awesome, can't wait till tonight, common work day hurry up and finish already.

Hell yea, just had an amazing match with a decent squad in this map.

UFRA

My copy is out for delivery from Amazon right now!!

Too bad I work today and won't be able to play it til this weekend. :(

Bad_Boy said:
I'm stuck on 'Comrades', trying to do the street chase. Everytime I pass through the tunnel (5:48), I get lit up in the street.
Since I'm playing on hard it only takes a couple shots for me to die. If I stop, he gets away. If I run, I die.

Anyone pass this part on hard mode?
Yeah I finished it on hard. Watching video to see where you are stuck.

Edit: Yeah, you're suppose to ignore oncoming attack. Chase him!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
shagg_187 said:
Yeah I finished it on hard. Watching video to see where you are stuck.

Edit: Yeah, you're suppose to ignore oncoming attack. Chase him!
Yeah I'm definitely trying that. I run into that intersection and I get shot the fuck up. I dont even get 5 steps into the street until I die again. I must of played this checkpoint about 20 times.

edit: wow, false alarm. I just went for another go, and somehow i passed through. woo. lol

thanks anyways shagg

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah I'm definitely trying that. I run into that intersection and I get shot the fuck up. I dont even get 5 steps into the street until I die again. I must of played this checkpoint about 20 times.
Try shooting back while running. The game in some places is very imbalance and needs further testing. A lot of frustrating areas, that's for sure.

Edit: yay! You got it lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
shagg_187 said:
Try shooting back while running. The game in some places is very imbalance and needs further testing. A lot of frustrating areas, that's for sure.

Edit: yay! You got it lol
yeah tell me about it. lol

how much more left in the SP would you say I have?

Prothero

Neo Member
Posted this many pages ago, but didn't see a reply, so I'm sorry if it's been answered already: Any update on Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3's PS3 version? Is it in? I got my copy of the game today and I don't see anything about BF 1943 in the packaging, but I haven't played it yet.

Ramirez

wwm0nkey said:
you can't even compare the beta to the final product its completely different, in a good way.

Well, that's good. Won't be able to pick my copy up until late tonight, so I was curious.

Dina

Question about The Great Destroyer, PC version.

What is up with the QTE where you jump from train to train. No matter how fast or slow I press space, I keep on dying because the carriage behind me explodes

wwm0nkey

Ramirez said:
Well, that's good. Won't be able to pick my copy up until late tonight, so I was curious.
Also if you thought the sounds where good in the beta, wait till you hear them in the final game :)

My game crashes 70% of the time when I try to join a server.

And it crashes 99% of the time after a rounds ends.

This is not counting the times I get disconnected mid way through the game.

FIX THIS SHIT DICE!

woober

lol, I was looking at other people's stats since I haven't played multiplayer yet and I noticed that the ratio meter is still backwards. If you have a ratio higher than 1, the meter will be to the left of the half point. They still haven't fixed that?

Smokey

wwm0nkey said:
Also if you thought the sounds where good in the beta, wait till you hear them in the final game :)

Yeah. I can honestly say that yesterday playing BF3 64p felt like a war. The sound was that good. It was amazing.

McLovin

Playing on ps3, sp looks great, mp some maps look awesome others look like regular bf2. Caspian Border doesn't look that good to me... I'm guessing it has to do with map size maybe? Also you can pick servers on ps3 version! I was like :O

Am I missing something here? Why can't I quit out of multiplayer during the post match screens on PS3? I have to wait for the next match to load & start so I can get to the pause menu.

For new page:

Mr. Snrub said:
NeoGAF server is up, click here! Please join up, trying to get gaffers in it.

So after playing with GAF for a while, my brother and I went on to try out Rush, specifically Damavand Peak. He had no idea what the map was all about. After we advanced to the next set of MCOM's, I tell him to follow me as I run for the helipad. He thought we were heading to the chopper and had a "WTF...OH MY GOD" moment when I leapt off the cliff
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom