• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Snrub said:
lol.gif

Swear I didn't remove it
yet

You better not...

10covno.gif

derFeef

Can't join the NEOGAF server for whatever reason, it says mapchange everytime...
And Steam overlay is also not working... it just goes away after some seconds.
[Steam->Origin->BF]

DTKT

ElyrionX said:
Ok I see it now. WTF. Why can't I adjust this shit in between maps? I thought it was hidden away in Battlelog.

And why can't I adjust my video settings in multiplayer when that is what I want to play? I don't want to play the fucking Campaign or Co-op. So how is it even the least bit intuitive for me to click Launch on Campaign or Co-op because I want to adjust my video settings for when I'm playing Multiplayer?

They should really let you edit the video settings inside the Battlelog.

Phandy said:
A friend just sent this to me. I got a good laugh.
But also some serious facepalm action, it still baffles me how games still manage to regress in some areas.

The evolution of the Battlefield Minimap.

http://i.imgur.com/LtY5H.jpg

Press "N". Seriously, makes the minimap actually useful.

ElyrionX said:
Where what how? I launch into multiplayer and go straight into a game and can't adjust my video settings from there.

I can't find whatever it is I need to find to equip my new weapon unlock. WTF

Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down there. Some pointers for Battlelog:

-"Multiplayer" has the Server Browser and Leaderboard options. Leaderboard automatically compares you to your friends. Multiplayer allows you to set a filter, which also carries over to your Quickmatch (i.e. quickmatch uses your filter settings)
-"Co-Op" lets you matchmake for Co-Op and see Co-Op weapon unlock progress (yes, there are weapons that can only be unlocked via co-op)
-"Campaign" simply launches the campaign screen
-"Platoons" are basically clans, and we have a few for GAF (check PC community thread/our blog)
-To see your own stats, click onto your profile, then click your soldier's name. It's pretty self-explanatory at that point, but this has alllll your detailed stats/ranking ifo

MrOogieBoogie said:
Can't join the NeoGAF server because it's "changing maps." It's been doing this for the past five minutes.

Same here. Been trying for a few minutes.

derFeef said:
Can't join the NEOGAF server for whatever reason, it says mapchange everytime...
And Steam overlay is also not working... it just goes away after some seconds.
[Steam->Origin->BF]

Crossing the streams would be bad.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Phanatic8390 said:
Anyone with the boxed PC version who can tell me if I need the CD or if you can just punch a code right into origin?

My cd drive stopped working a few days ago.

The code should work....but you will have to download the game.

But why did you buy a boxed copy of the game....its weird to hear of someone who still buys boxed PC games.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Has anyone gotten a blue screen of death playing this? I got one last night, and I've never had one on my system. I'm hoping it's the game and not something breaking on my system.

ElyrionX said:
Ok I see it now. WTF. Why can't I adjust this shit in between maps? I thought it was hidden away in Battlelog.

And why can't I adjust my video settings in multiplayer when that is what I want to play? I don't want to play the fucking Campaign or Co-op. So how is it even the least bit intuitive for me to click Launch on Campaign or Co-op because I want to adjust my video settings for when I'm playing Multiplayer?

You're making a big deal out of nothing. Just adjust your settings before you spawn/in-game.

Not being able to adjust between maps is a DICE issue, not Battlelog.

njean777

Black_Stride said:

But why did you buy a boxed copy of the game....its weird to hear of someone who still buys boxed PC games.

Some people still have slow internet, I know if I am buying a pc game even if steam offers it I still buy the boxed copy. Downloading the game is my last resort as it takes me 5-8 hours to download a 6gb game. I can play games just fine but hosting is out of the question.

DarkJC

ElyrionX said:

Instead of throwing this shit fit you could be adjusting your video settings in multiplayer and playing right now.

alphaNoid

Banned
ElyrionX said:

Press Esc, adjust settings.

Wazzim

Banned
Black_Stride said:

Cheaper.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
njean777 said:
Some people still have slow internet, I know if I am buying a pc game even if steam offers it I still buy the boxed copy. Downloading the game is my last resort as it takes me 5-8 hours to download a 6gb game. I can play games just fine but hosting is out of the question.
I was ready to buy it boxed for 60 but at the last second I got it on IntKeys for 35. It's taken 4 1/2 hours to get to almost 60% but the price was worth it.

I'm not made of money right now being unemployed so I had to sell something but it's not a big deal. This is likely the only game I will be buying this fall.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
anyone got some images comparing the different settings? I remember seeing something in the thread but I don't remember which page it was on.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This was a pleasant surprise:

I bought the game from Direct2Drive and downloaded the 14 gig installer from there. My rate was incredibly fast... 4MB/s. I initially just punched my code into Origin and had it start to download, but the rate was 200k/s.

Anyhow, I ran the installer from D2D, and it opened Origin. Origin then started "downloading" the game, which initially dismayed me greatly. Then I noticed the download speed was 30 MB/S. It was actually "downloading" the D2D installer file I had on my drive.

So, in that one respect Origin is better than Steam. Steam would just ignore the entire file you downloaded from a third party and download the entire game even though you have all the data already.

Jack Scofield said:
Quick question: will an online pass allow all the profiles on my console to access multiplayer? Three people have accounts on my 360, and we all plan on playing BF3 on our own accounts. Hopefully we better be able to.

Sorry, but that online pass will only work for one of those accounts.

Miggytronz

Jack Scofield said:
Quick question: will an online pass allow all the profiles on my console to access multiplayer? Three people have accounts on my 360, and we all plan on playing BF3 on our own accounts. Hopefully we better be able to.

Online Pass is per account. Not per Unit.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Does anyone else (on consoles--I'm on PS3) feel like the aiming is a little off since beta?

Maybe it's because I haven't played an FPS since the beta ended...but it just feels weird.

Black_Stride said:

It was a gift. That and I prefer not having to download if I don't have to. I just wasn't planning on my cd drive going bad.

I assumed it would work like Steamworks games but with EA you can't assume anything.

XxCGSxX

Jack Scofield said:
If it works like the Mortal Kombat online pass it should work.

Frigging AMD better release new drivers soon. The latest ones from last week give me crazy stuttering issues (especially when turning fast, something with texture streaming maybe?). Flying is impossible, after killing a few teammates I was like "yeah I gotta roll back" lol. Which sucks since otherwise these drivers seemed to improve performance a bit.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
petethepanda said:
Frigging AMD better release new drivers soon. The latest ones from last week give me crazy stuttering issues (especially when turning fast, something with texture streaming maybe?). Flying is impossible, after killing a few teammates I was like "yeah I gotta roll back" lol. Which sucks since otherwise these drivers seemed to improve performance a bit.

I'm running the latest beta preview drivers on my 6850 from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat1110PreDriverV3.aspx

Generally, I get no stutter at all. Every once in a while I'll get some pretty bad pausing, though. It will freeze on a frame for about a second then freeze again a few seconds later... then go away. This happens pretty rarely, however- I can play for 30 mins without it occuring, or it may happen 3 minutes into a match then 2 minutes after and not happen again.

iam220

petethepanda said:

Really? I'm still running the non-preview build and it seems smooth. I was considering upgrading the the latest preview but now I'm not so sure. You're running the V3 right? Anyone else have these issues?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
petethepanda said:

Did you get rid of the CAB profiles? If not, you should :D Also run drive sweeper before re installing. I had the same issues works beautifully now. Also disable cloud save!

JaseMath

cnizzle06 said:
How can I tell if it's the PS3 LE version? Is it a different case?
I'm pretty sure it say Limited Edition right on the front of the case.

EDIT: Yeah, it's printed right under the Battlefield logo.

First impression of campaign - the mouse feels fucking terrible.

Is there a fix? I'm starting to look thru the last few pages of this thread now.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
nismogrendel said:

Is there a fix? I'm starting to look thru the last few pages of this thread now.

As in the sensitivity? You could turn it down in the settings. It was super high for me too

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
nismogrendel said:

I agree, my fix to the problem was to play with a gamepad but hey that's how every single multiplatform game is developed nowadays anyway.

cnizzle06

Banned
JasonMCG said:
I'm pretty sure it say Limited Edition right on the front of the case.

EDIT: Yeah, it's printed right under the Battlefield logo.
Was trying to do the Kmart deal, but I'm not seeing the LE version.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm so glad I finally got an HDTV in time for this game. Of course, now I feel I have to play every other PS3 game I own over again.

UFRA

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm not made of money right now being unemployed so I had to sell something but it's not a big deal. This is likely the only game I will be buying this fall.

Did you sell your PS3???

You bought this for PC and neglected us?? :(((((

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
cnizzle06 said:
Was trying to do the Kmart deal, but I'm not seeing the LE version.

They only got around a 1 in 4 ratio of LEs, so they probably sold out already, or they don't know any better and just mixed them into the stack in the case. You should probably ask them if know if they've already sold them, and if not, to see the whole stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom