• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

woober

scogoth said:
BE ADVISED

For all applicants to NA EAST Platoon please apply through battlelog and then PM me with your Origin Username. We are near the limit for members and can't accept everyone who applies without verifying GAF membership.

BF3 Main Theme and Thunder Run Theme...
32.png

Solomon's Theme is quite good as well.

The wait is killing me.

I think maybe tomorrow I'll receive the message that the reserved copy is already on the store, but I'm still hoping for today....

Liberty4all

Banned
SuicidalSteve said:
Be Advised... The Album is streamable on Spotify right now....Move up Soldier!

Oh be prepared for any spoilers on the title names of the music track just a heads up for anyone

Applied!

Won't be on though until after work. Another 4 hours of staring at the clock.

scogoth said:
BE ADVISED

For all applicants to NA EAST Platoon please apply through battlelog and then PM me with your Origin Username. We are near the limit for members and can't accept everyone who applies without verifying GAF membership.

Hmm what's the limit? Guess I will have to do this as well with the euro platoon.

mcrae

mcrae said:
can anyone confirm whether ballistic sights reduce damage? seems like i was 1 shot killing everything (arm, leg, whatever) with the sv-98, but i tossed on ballistic sights and no more. (hardcore mode)

any impressions?

anyone?

Nabs

flipswitch said:
How am I supposed to unlock this early? Do I just follow what it says in the opening post,open up Internet explorer etc?
Yeah. You just use the proxy to unlock it. It takes 10 seconds.

Bury

Neo Member
Any tips on how to kill anything with jets on PS3? I've been playing ace combat for a while so I know how to fly a jet and not crash within 5 seconds from taking off, but having only the minigun really hurts. I haven't even gotten 1 single kill yet so I haven't even unlocked flares and since everyone is soon going to be running around with stingers, I'm going to need help

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A little over 4 hours and 51% downloaded on Origin. I still have to get it to work in English since I got a Russian key
LLShC.gif

At least I'll be playing this tonight.

Having a problem that maybe GAF can help me with (because the BF3 forums are diabolically bad):

So right now I'm on a laptop running an AMD 6750 (1GB). Problem I'm having is that I'd like to set the game resolution to 1680x1050 for better performance, but my laptop display is 1920x1200. When I do this in the game options like I would for any other game ever made, the game switches the resolution...but presents the game inside of black bars rather than properly scaling 1680x1050 to the full size of the screen.

I've tried:

1.) Setting the default resolution for Windows to 1680x1050 -AND- the in-game resolution to 1680x1050.

2.) Changing only the Windows resolution or only the game resolution to the desired resolution.

3.) Installing the most current drivers (11.9)

4.) Installing the most recent preview drivers (11.10 preview 3)

5.) Clean installing drivers (uninstall + DriverSweeper)

I can't think of anything else to try. Of course in 99% of games, you simply change the resolution in-game and the game scales accordingly. Black bars never happen. I've certainly never seen them until BF3. Otherwise, the game is quite stable. Few freezes/crashes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TheJerit

vaelic said:
a 5850 on ultra? what are your machine specs and what other ingame settings you running at?

720 tri-core processor oc'ed to 3.6 (i believe...sorry not at home)
4gb ram
5850 oc'ed to 850/1190 or something along those lines

i was enjoying single player all night, but i played at ultra setting with 2x msaa, 16x af, and ssao. the post processing and motion blur were turned off. i didn't run fraps last night, but it was running extremely smooth, but i'll try to get you an avg later tonight.

ElyrionX

Dear god, what the fuck is this Battlelog bullshit? Why can't I launc the game to tinker around with my settings and loadout? Jesus fucking christ, why is something so simple as launching the game made so fucking complicated by EA

belvedere

Junior Butler
ElyrionX said:
Dear god, what the fuck is this Battlelog bullshit? Why can't I launc the game to tinker around with my settings and loadout? Jesus fucking christ, why is something so simple as launching the game made so fucking complicated by EA

It's pretty fucking simple, dawg.

iNvid02

ElyrionX said:

its really not that hard...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Tanks take far too many RPGs to destroy, pretty much need to use all 3 AT mines to kill one also.

ElyrionX

Where what how? I launch into multiplayer and go straight into a game and can't adjust my video settings from there.

I can't find whatever it is I need to find to equip my new weapon unlock. WTF

R2D4

Banned
Does anyone know how to add drifferent version to battlelog. I have both the PC ad PS3 version. But I can't seem to find the option anywhere to add the PS3 version. I really don't need to get another EA account do I?

alphaNoid

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Its actually easier to use, communicate with friends using Battelog while on our desktop than when its all built into the game. Its quite the achievement really and progressive. If you want to 'tinker' within the game, do it after joining a server or ... gasp, do it by launching the BF3.exe for the SP.

DTKT

ElyrionX said:
Where what how? I launch into multiplayer and go straight into a game and can't adjust my video settings from there.

I can't find whatever it is I need to find to equip my new weapon unlock. WTF

In the spawn screen, you can select a "customize" button. It bring up a menu with all the 4 classes and different ways to customize them.

Welcome to DICE UI. You wonder if they are bad on purpose.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Can't join the NeoGAF server because it's "changing maps." It's been doing this for the past five minutes.

DTKT

MrOogieBoogie said:
Can't join the NeoGAF server because it's "changing maps." It's been doing this for the past five minutes.

Same issue here. Is the match about to end and that's why it's doesn't let you in? That's pretty dumb...

ElyrionX

Ok I see it now. WTF. Why can't I adjust this shit in between maps? I thought it was hidden away in Battlelog.

And why can't I adjust my video settings in multiplayer when that is what I want to play? I don't want to play the fucking Campaign or Co-op. So how is it even the least bit intuitive for me to click Launch on Campaign or Co-op because I want to adjust my video settings for when I'm playing Multiplayer?

Anyone with the boxed PC version who can tell me if I need the CD or if you can just punch a code right into origin?

My cd drive stopped working a few days ago.

ElyrionX said:
Ok I see it now. WTF. Why can't I adjust this shit in between maps? I thought it was hidden away in Battlelog.

And why can't I adjust my video settings in multiplayer when that is what I want to play? I don't want to play the fucking Campaign or Co-op. So how is it even the least bit intuitive for me to click Launch on Campaign or Co-op because I want to adjust my video settings for when I'm playing Multiplayer?

You can always change it. Before you spawn in a map, just hit customize

Quick question: will an online pass allow all the profiles on my console to access multiplayer? Three people have accounts on my 360, and we all plan on playing BF3 on our own accounts. Hopefully we better be able to.

Sanic

When is it safe to quit a match while having all of my stats saved as well as the match not going towards my quit percentage? Can I do it at the end of match screen?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Phandy said:
A friend just sent this to me. I got a good laugh.
But also some serious facepalm action, it still baffles me how games still manage to regress in some areas.

The evolution of the Battlefield Minimap.

http://i.imgur.com/LtY5H.jpg
Makes looking at it a chore, that's for sure. I got through it but it could use a fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom