• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Nostalgia~4ever said:
protip to all PC players.

press a key in the console and press TAB to get different commands.

etc press 'a' and TAB to see config that starts with a.

I'm guessing there's isn't one to move the fucking chat box.

Wizman23

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Quick question: will an online pass allow all the profiles on my console to access multiplayer? Three people have accounts on my 360, and we all plan on playing BF3 on our own accounts. Hopefully we better be able to.

If its like Madden you will have to buy the online pass for each individual gold account on your profile. AWESOME isn't it??

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Awesome Animals said:
Sorry, but that online pass will only work for one of those accounts.
Mikasangelos said:
Online Pass is per account. Not per Unit.

The online pass should activate the console to play online, every account/profile on the console will be able to go online.
Its been like this for every online pass based game there is no reason for them to change this mechanic.

However, the none-registered accounts will be deactivated if they are moved to another console, while the registered account will still be online capable if connected to the EA servers.

Think of it like XBLA games, once unlocked any profile on the console can play, but if a profile that didnt unlock the game is moved to another console, the game is locked again.

flipswitch said:
is it safe using the proxy to activate the game in the opening post?

Not if you have anything planned for the rest of the day

Arpeggio23 said:
What key(s) do I press to chat in game? (PC)

Its in the manual....which is in the OP.

J, K and L
For Team, Squad and All

XxCGSxX

Black_Stride said:
The online pass should activate the console to play online, every account/profile on the console will be able to go online.
Its been like this for every online pass based game there is no reason for them to change this mechanic.

However, the none-registered accounts will be deactivated if they are moved to another console, while the registered account will still be online capable if connected to the EA servers.

Think of it like XBLA games, once unlocked any profile on the console can play, but if a profile that didnt unlock the game is moved to another console, the game is locked again.
This.

Cptkrush

Is it wrong for me to say that I've been enjoying the single player campaign? I mean, it may very well be short, but so far it's been a blast. I don't think I would have even checked it out had I not gotten frustrated with MP running like crap on my rig. But yeah, it's definitely a nice bonus.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DarthWoo said:
They only got around a 1 in 4 ratio of LEs, so they probably sold out already, or they don't know any better and just mixed them into the stack in the case. You should probably ask them if know if they've already sold them, and if not, to see the whole stack.
Yeah, they only had two at my store and they were hidden in back. I'd ask to look through them. I happened to see the orange corner so I asked for that one.

RS4-

lol, been getting away with mortar kills.

Still pretty bad compared to calling them in like BC2. They're alright for breaking down defenses in rush though.

belvedere

Junior Butler
J-Rzez said:
Is there a way to disable or scale that fucking horrible chat box they have in the game now?

Join the club. Been looking all day but I haven't seen any info on changing it, just others expressing their frustrations with it.

froliq

I can't seem to finish any game from start to finish at all. When playing on the GAF server BF3 decides to just close when I play for about 10 minutes.

EatChildren said:
Weehoo got it working! Tried out the campaign for a couple of missions, which is unbelievably boring and scripted, but I'm not really big on the half game shooting gallery style shooters.

Also, and I'm positive I'm alone in this, I don't even think it looks any good. Cranked up to ultra. I honestly think its the realistic art direction. I know what they're doing here is technologically gorgeous. Textures are awesome, lighting and shadows look lovely, etc. I just don't care. It's weird. Every once in awhile I see these technologically impressive games with heavily realistic art and it does absolutely nothing for me. I know they don't have a choice given the nature of the game, but to me it looks flat, bland and uninspired (I know, I know).

Witcher 2 and Crysis 2 DX11 were both considerably more pleasing on the eyes, in my opinion. Unless some fucked up insane shit happens later in the campaign. Like, it takes place in another dimension. The dimension of dinosaurs and sex.

I agree which is why I have no problem dropping down to high to get some FPS. Ultra doesn't look that different than High in my opinion.

I wasn't able to pre order this.

I'll have to buy Karkland separately, right?

Will I also have to buy every new map they come out with or is there some kind of Project 10 Dollar thing I can pay for later that will net me all the stuff I need?

FlyinJ said:
This was a pleasant surprise:

I bought the game from Direct2Drive and downloaded the 14 gig installer from there. My rate was incredibly fast... 4MB/s. I initially just punched my code into Origin and had it start to download, but the rate was 200k/s.

Anyhow, I ran the installer from D2D, and it opened Origin. Origin then started "downloading" the game, which initially dismayed me greatly. Then I noticed the download speed was 30 MB/S. It was actually "downloading" the D2D installer file I had on my drive.

So, in that one respect Origin is better than Steam. Steam would just ignore the entire file you downloaded from a third party and download the entire game even though you have all the data already.

Yeah, when I first installed Origin it scanned my computer for other EA games and made them available for download through Origin. Don't think it worked with all of them, but definitely worked with my D2D EA games.

Pretty cool feature.

UFRA

"visit this website to get access to a gun" - ok, try to sign in - "ERROR"

"visit this website to unlock the battle log feed" - ok, try to sign in - "Your account is not allowed to sign in"

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The air vehicles are so frustrating. Never gonna get flares since I get shot down like instantly and never gonna kill shit since I can't get flares, repeat. Ugh.

DTKT

NameGenerated said:
The air vehicles are so frustrating. Never gonna get flares since I get shot down like instantly and never gonna kill shit since I can't get flares, repeat. Ugh.

You only need 300 points for the flares.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
DownWithTheShip said:
Yeah, when I first installed Origin it scanned my computer for other EA games and made them available for download through Origin. Don't think it worked with all of them, but definitely worked with my D2D EA games.

Pretty cool feature.

Ive been pretty impressed with Origin and Battlelog actually. I love being able to manage Platoons, Friends, and check out stats without having to start the game. This comes in handy at work :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
boredofcanada said:
can someone direct me (ps3) on how to buy the online pass exactly? i rented it, but can't find an option for it anywhere
It should be on the PSN Store under Battlefield 3. I think you can access it directly from the in game menu.

FINALBOSS

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
Does anyone else (on consoles--I'm on PS3) feel like the aiming is a little off since beta?

Maybe it's because I haven't played an FPS since the beta ended...but it just feels weird.

Anyone?

Atruvius

boredofcanada said:
can someone direct me (ps3) on how to buy the online pass exactly? i rented it, but can't find an option for it anywhere
It'll probably hit the store tomorrow along with the store update.

DIRTY-D

Where in the hell do you put in your Physical Warfare Pack code for the PC?

It says to select Multiplayer from the main menu and then select EXTRAS.

I don't see extras....to REEEEDDDDEEEEMMMMMMM!

WTF!

Anybody?

kamspy

I can confirm that this is the game to really smack the 4GB system RAM limit. :(

I'm getting 3.90/4.00GB on my system RAM, and 1009/1024 on my vRAM.

Goddam devs weren't kidding about loving RAM. Worst thing is I'm still on a DDR2 board (AM2+) so I'd need a new mobo too. No point in buying more DDR2.

Arcipello

this game is EXHAUSTING to play... its too much to take! the sound is WAY better than what was in the BETA, guns sound amazing now!

R2D4

Banned
Can you create more than one soldier in battlelog? Since I can't find a way to play PS3 and PC versions maybe being able to create a new soldier for the PS3 version will fix this. Any ideas?

AndyD

aka andydumi
kamspy said:
I can confirm that this is the game to really smack the 4GB system RAM limit. :(

I'm getting 3.90/4.00GB on my system RAM, and 1009/1024 on my vRAM.

Goddam devs weren't kidding about loving RAM. Worst thing is I'm still on a DDR2 board (AM2+) so I'd need a new mobo too. No point in buying more DDR2.

I am in the same boat. BUt I see some DDR2 on craigslist/ebay for 20-30 bucks for 4 gb, so I might just go that route than to replace motherboard, CPU and RAM.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Arcipello said:
this game is EXHAUSTING to play... its too much to take! the sound is WAY better than what was in the BETA, guns sound amazing now!

I know the feeling. I played a good portion of the day yesterday then I quit ate dinner, and watched a little bit of television. When I laid down to sleep I could hear rounds being fired, tanks shooting shells, along with jets and helicopters hovering above, in my head. I didn't get much sleep last night. lol

kamspy

AndyD said:
I am in the same boat. BUt I see some DDR2 on craigslist/ebay for 20-30 bucks for 4 gb, so I might just go that route than to replace motherboard, CPU and RAM.

My CPU would be fine in an AM3+ board. But I was gonna go Intel next time. Hmm. Maybe time to check Craigs List in my area.

ACH1LL3US

I just installed disc 1 (MP) for the 360, does this include the Hi res textures or do I have to install disc 2 (sp) as-well?

Nizz

FINALBOSS said:
Does anyone else (on consoles--I'm on PS3) feel like the aiming is a little off since beta?

Maybe it's because I haven't played an FPS since the beta ended...but it just feels weird.

Aomori said:
Agreed. Beta was way better.
What exactly feels off about it, if I can ask? I'm getting the PS3 version also but it probably won't get here till Friday. Does it feel more like Bad Company 2 now? I kind of hope not, I preferred the beta's controls to BC2.

wwm0nkey

Blackvette94 said:
I just installed disc 1 (MP) for the 360, does this include the Hi res textures or do I have to install disc 2 (sp) as-well?
the game asks you to install the pack when you start the game.

I will be honest I was one of the vocal critics that lashed out after playing the Beta on 360 and PS3. I didn't go as far as shouting I canceled my preorder every five minutes but I definately argued against the "Its just a beta" crowd. I wasn't disrespectful but I do feel I owe it to DICE to come back and admit I was wrong, dead wrong. I still think releasing a beta in that shape, so close to release was dumb.

With that said I bought both a PS3 and 360 copy and they both look and play spectacular. The 360 version is the one I'll be keeping, the PS3 copy I'm donating to a group of gaming soldiers I've come to know that are based at Ft. Leonard Wood, they are going to love this shit.

I also wanted to add and I never thought I'd say this but I love having the 360 version on two discs. I can loan out or donate the single player disc after I'm done with it.

LQX

Is the shadows in the game very dark for anyone else? Not sure its my monitor settings or what but shadows seem overly dark. I know its odd to say as shadows and shade suppose to be dark but just looks way too aggressive.

jvalioli

I just hit a glitch(?) that won't let me finish this mission.

Spoiler mission in which you are sniping. You stop a car by shooting it and killing the driver, then you must defend the car so you can collect the body. Enemies here are respawning infinitely and my squadmate is nonmoving.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LQX said:
Is the shadows in the game very dark for anyone else? Not sure its my monitor settings or what but shadows seem overly dark. I know its odd to say as shadows and shade suppose to be dark but just looks way too aggressive.
Check out the in game brightness adjust. I had to crank it up a lot more than usual for the 3 logo to show up on the test.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Man, i really need to take a shit.... but what if the UPS guy shows up while i'm dropping bombs?!

CANNOT. LEAVE. WINDOW.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mizzou Gaming said:
Wait, all editions should be the limited edition right now. Maybe Im wrong but that was my understanding.
I thought so too but it's looking like stores that didn't do preorders only got 25% of their stock as LEs. My Kmart only had 2 when I went. It seems that this one is actually limited unlike most of EAs.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Nostalgia~4ever said:
protip to all PC players.

press a key in the console and press TAB to get different commands.

etc press 'a' and TAB to see config that starts with a.

Or type List and get all the commands.
Cuz theres not that many, going through the whole alphabet just to see a few commands is inefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom