• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
New nVidia Drivers for Retail BF3! (released 10-24-2011)

-[148mb W7 64-bit] GeForce 285.62 WHQL
-[107mb W7 32-bit] GeForce 285.62 WHQL

ss-2011-10-24_07.57.210vyc.png

Darklord

Banned
If the game is out on the 27th in Australia, does that mean it unlocks then too for us? That sucks we get it 2 days late.

ACE 1991

Amazon won't let me buy the Limited Edition PC download version. I go to "place order" and it's grayed out, and there are no numbers listed next to total estimated before/after tax. =(

Definity

I didn't get a chance to play the PC version (caspian border) much. Does it take a long time to unlock the heat seekers/flares? Seems once you have those you can tear some shit up.

Great job on the OT!

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
DeathCubeK said:
Excuse me for my ignorance, but which one do I download? I have gtx580
The top one is for 64 bit windows, the bottom is for 32 bit windows(mis-labled) .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OH MAH GAWD! IS FINALLY HERE! AND ITS BEAUTIFUL!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
base jumping too fast?

you guys won't say this again after you've done it 1000 times.

first few times it's awesome and cool but after a while you just want to get it done.

jediyoshi said:
Let's do this.
Yes, yes, yes. I wanted someone to make that picture and the great Jediyoshi comes through. The OP could have just been that picture and it would have been the greatest OT of all time.

I guess raptor did a pretty good job too...maybe.....reggie pic is still better though....

CoolS

Wow, just watched real gameplay footage for the first time right now, and the soudn design for this game is seriously amazing. just wow.

One question: I'm in Europe, will is still get the DLC for free if I preorder now? I was holding off since I won't be able to buy my new PC till next month, but I like not having to pay for the maps.

Woo-Fu

Banned
CoolS said:
Wow, just watched real gameplay footage for the first time right now, and the soudn design for this game is seriously amazing. just wow.

One question: I'm in Europe, will is still get the DLC for free if I preorder now? I was holding off since I won't be able to buy my new PC till next month, but I like not having to pay for the maps.

DLC isn't tied directly to pre-ordering, it is tied to the Limited Edition. If whomever you're pre-ordering from sells you the LE then you should get B2K for free when it comes out.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Great job on the OT Raptor. Really informative. I hadn't seen the SPECACT camo so thanks for that. I had a good chuckle at the Shrek Avatar. LOL. Worth the wait!

I'm waiting on somebody to be the test subject for this Korean VPN thing. Today at 11am EST is when that trick should work right?

GrizzNKev

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
Great job on the OT Raptor. Really informative. I hadn't seen the SPECACT camo so thanks for that. I had a good chuckle at the Shrek Avatar. LOL. Worth the wait!

I'm waiting on somebody to be the test subject for this Korean VPN thing. Today at 11am EST is when that trick should work right?

Yes sir. I'm sure plenty of us will be trying it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Patrick Bach explains just what THAT Dinosaur is all about

“Well, <laughs> I can’t confirm or deny that part of it. But the official story is that we wanted to connect the player to the world back home. We had this idea of having a photograph of your family, that wasn’t the end goal, but that was the mental picture behind it; we wanted you to think about the ones you love at home. We wanted to find a metaphor for that and find a visual language for that and we had this toy dinosaur on a desk at the office and we thought about what it would be like if you actually brought something that your child gave you to war. That would give you the feeling that you not only have a son or daughter but you have a wife and the illusion that you have a family back home. Bringing a toy to war would also be a good symbol for toys in war and how it’s contradictory and gives you vulnerability. So that’s it. That’s the official story. It’s not the unofficial story but yes, we’ve seen that thread to refer to.”

gl0w

Sn4ke_911 said:
base jumping too fast?

you guys won't say this again after you've done it 1000 times.

first few times it's awesome and cool but after a while you just want to get it done.

I totally agree with you.

TCRS

Banned
Nice OP! Lived up to the hype. Just one little thing... you totally forgot BF2: Modern Combat for consoles! That was the first and best BF on consoles until EA shut down the servers.

Anyways... four more days for UKGaf... :/

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
For as much time as I put into BC2, I couldn't find any hype for this game. Played the alpha and beta, loved it, yet still couldn't get excited.

I am now hyped. Bought and pre-loaded. Bring me some shoostin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom