• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech

Soviet said:
How long is the campaign and why it's so short?

It's only supposed to whet your appetite for the multiplayer.

Nobody should ever, ever, ever plan on getting anywhere near even 50% of your money's worth out of a Battlefield game with the campaign.

Gears 3 is a much better use of those funds if a juicy shooter campaign is what you're looking for.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah I think I'm going to call it, the visor/glare/stain effect is worse than the MW2 jelly. Jeeeeesus christ DICE, did ya'll want us to NOT be able to see your pretty game? If that's the case then you certainly succeeded because most of the time Ican'tseeshitcap'n.jpg.

jvalioli

jvalioli said:
I just hit a glitch(?) that won't let me finish this mission.

Spoiler mission in which you are sniping. You stop a car by shooting it and killing the driver, then you must defend the car so you can collect the body. Enemies here are respawning infinitely and my squadmate is nonmoving.
Quoting because it got stuck near the bottom of the page.

iNvidious01 said:
aha they gotta be teasing mirrors edge 2 in one level, its great
The first one where you play as the Russains?
I was just saying to my friend yesterday about the real Mirror's Edge vibe in that level.

Corky said:
Yeah I think I'm going to call it, the visor/glare/stain effect is worse than the MW2 jelly. Jeeeeesus christ DICE, did ya'll want us to NOT be able to see your pretty game? If that's the case then you certainly succeeded because most of the time Ican'tseeshitcap'n.jpg.

Doesn't that only happen when someone is shooting suppressing fire at you? I'd imagine the point is so that you can't see shit.

GodofWine

doctordoak said:
PS3 voice chat is a glitchy mess. Can barely hear my squad, or not at all.

My greatest fear...chat is like 1942, and not like BC2.

Hopefully its just day one stress, or NAT issues not being handled well.

Havent seen anyone else say this yet, so Im not panicking yet.

FINALBOSS

Banned
purple cobra said:
What exactly feels off about it, if I can ask? I'm getting the PS3 version also but it probably won't get here till Friday. Does it feel more like Bad Company 2 now? I kind of hope not, I preferred the beta's controls to BC2.

It just feels off. Not nearly as responsive it feels like. It's like lag in the aiming almost. I don't like it... :(

Max

I am not Max
How do I enter this physical warfare pack? These instructions make no sense (PC)

edit: oh I do it in Orgin, these instructions on the card don't mention that at all...

B-Dex

"Its tale of global threats reads like twenty years of military fiction thrown in a blender and turned into a checklist... most levels feature a bottleneck where death hits out of the blue. Whether it's a grenade exploding without an indicator, a blast from an unseen enemy, or late-game quicktime event that introduces a new button." The review also criticized the glitches in the game engine.

Sounds like 9.0 to me..... Dunno why reviewers are saying the sp is mediocre and then giving the game mega good scores. Multiplayer didn't seem that great in beta.

BKXB

Economist
Thinking I can get in a game during lunch (360):

Install disc 1
Install disc 2
Run disc 2
176 MB update
Install HD texture pack
- insert disc 1
- re-insert disc 2
Setup battlelog

Back to work!

A.R.K

doctordoak said:
PS3 voice chat is a glitchy mess. Can barely hear my squad, or not at all.

That sounds exactly like the beta shit. I thought day 1 patch would have resolved these minor issues but guess not

bravo DICE f***ing bravo! :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BKXB said:
Thinking I can get in a game during lunch (360):

Install disc 1
Install disc 2
Run disc 2
176 MB update
Install HD texture pack
- insert disc 1
- re-insert disc 2
Setup battlelog

Back to work!
Shoulda gone PS3 :p

B-Dex said:
Sounds like 9.0 to me..... Dunno why reviewers are saying the sp is mediocre and then giving the game mega good scores. Multiplayer didn't seem that great in beta.

thats because the final product is nothing like beta...has been stated like 1000 times already by gamers and journalists.

A.R.K said:
That sounds exactly like the beta shit. I thought day 1 patch would have resolved these minor issues but guess not

bravo DICE f***ing bravo! :/
Yep, chat is exactly like the beta. I've yet to play a full game with my friends. We keep getting split up, booted, etc

.nimrod

Pro Tip: If you want to get your vehicle unlocks faster, join a server with a very low player limit, so there aren't as many potential enemy engineers getting in your way.

I almost got the first 5 helicopter unlocks in a single round on a server with a 16 player cap and over 10k points driving the tank around on seine crossing:

xVyPU.png

Conquest 64 is awful for pilots

.nimrod said:
Pro Tip: If you want to get your vehicle unlocks faster, join a server with a very low player limit, so there aren't as many potential enemy engineers getting in your way.

I almost got the first 5 helicopter unlocks in a single round on a server with a 16 player cap and over 10k points driving the tank around on seine crossing:

xVyPU.png

Conquest 64 is awful for pilots

The anti-air minigun truck is pretty sweet for this too. Lots of bad pilots jumping in the flyers, the AA trucks are almost always free :)

FINALBOSS

Banned
jorma said:
What does it say, for us who are not allowed to log on yet?

Tons of people complaining about aiming on PS3.

It's sluggish, weighty, and just feels very off compared to the Beta. One of the guys from DICE said they are "looking" at it (on Twitter) but it doesn't instill any confidence.

Some guy is making it his personal mission to get this fixed already on Twitter.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
belvedere said:
The thread is moving fast, can you fly planes/choppers with a generic USB controller on PC?

I'm not sure myself but I would imagine if you have Xpadder you can set it up emulate a keyboard and mouse well enough. It worked in BC2.

legacyzero said:
Did I say something funny?

Yes, you said the jet mission was fantastic.

Grisby

Rented the PS3 version over lunch and got a couple missions in. Fun so far, if a bit boring.

Does the triple have the High-rez textures thingys already on the disc or is it only the 360 version?

R2D4

Banned
Can you use both the 360 controller and KB/M on the PC? Like can you jump into a plane and use the controller and then jump out and just the KB/M without having to stop and change it in the options?

Grisby said:
Rented the PS3 version over lunch and got a couple missions in. Fun so far, if a bit boring.

Does the triple have the High-rez textures thingys already on the disc or is it only the 360 version?

Already on the disc, DAT BLU-RAY!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
R2D4 said:
Can you use both the 360 controller and KB/M on the PC? Like can you jump into a plane and use the controller and then jump out and just the KB/M without having to stop and change it in the options?

Yes. Make sure the pad is plugged in/turned on before you start the game or it won't be recognized though.

alphaNoid

Banned
R2D4 said:
Yes, all Battlefield games on PC have been this way to my knowledge.
3AQmK.gif

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
R2D4 said:

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm almost positive this is the case. When I was remapping some of my keys, I noticed that there were three entries for every command. On the vehicles, they had both keys and axis on the 360 controller mapped for the same vehicle commands.

iam220

Nostalgia~4ever said:
protip to all PC players.

press a key in the console and press TAB to get different commands.

etc press 'a' and TAB to see config that starts with a.

I think you can type in 'list' and it will list all commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom