• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Ysiadmihi said:
I'm not sure myself but I would imagine if you have Xpadder you can set it up emulate a keyboard and mouse well enough. It worked in BC2.

I'm going to have to give that a shot. I used to be decent at flying planes with the mouse, but frack that.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
R2D4 said:
Can you use both the 360 controller and KB/M on the PC? Like can you jump into a plane and use the controller and then jump out and just the KB/M without having to stop and change it in the options?

that's actually a legit question that I'm interested in as well.

Ya no

pre-ordered from origin and they sent it to the wrong fucking address. I switched the shipping address, confirmed it was switched with like three fucking people... lo and behold it shows up at my house today 4 hours away from my school.

FStop7

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:
Pretty awesome clutch game on the GAF server West just now!

Wait, there's more than one GAF server? I have the NeoGAF Community Server in my favorites. There's another?

Also, what RSP that has data centers on the west coast (Los Angeles, specifically) do you guys recommend if one were to want to host a server?

A.R.K

xclaw said:
Ya, aiming on PS3 is pretty bunk. I hope it's enough of a problem they put in some sort of a fix.

so squad issues, aiming issues (when beta didn't have this problem at all), voice chat issues....nice very nice... what did the day 1 patch even fix then? Didn't they say squad system should be fixed in the day 1 patch?

I think I am gonna keep my copy sealed and see if they fix the shit by end of week else its going back and will buy when its cheap.

Symphonic

Talked to 3 customer service reps about the login issue, one lied to me and then disconnected, one told me to wait for no set period of time, and one told me that my computer was faulty or something.

Screw Origin support, man. If they don't know what's wrong, they should just fucking tell me instead of making all these bullshit excuses.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
You need a hard drive to install the High Def Content?

F-----fuh fuhfuhfuh ........ fFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

RageFaceBlackSS.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dmg04 said:
Man, i really need to take a shit.... but what if the UPS guy shows up while i'm dropping bombs?!

CANNOT. LEAVE. WINDOW.

You yell "BOMB PLANTED" really loudly and then rush to the door.

dmg04 said:
You need a hard drive to install the High Def Content?

F-----fuh fuhfuhfuh ........ fFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RageFaceBlackSS.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Where have you been for the last month?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I was really hoping to get to play this today, but the online pass is keeping me out.:( Any other people having troubles with the PS3 version not even allowing you to input the online pass code?

Was finally able to get the game running (stupid problem specific to my laptop). THIS GAME IS INSANE.
Runs incredibly.
Animation and graphics are surreal.
All the fucking fantastic touches, like how your body parts interact with the environment (climbing ladders, jumping shit) are so, so good.
When your team at all performs solidly, its easily one of the least "game-y" experiences I've had...can't say I know what war feels like, but the experience definitely feels more 'realistic' than any game I've played (in a Hollywood way). I've had moments straight out of Band of Brothers multiple times in less than an hour of playtime.

Zuhzuhzombie!! said:
I wasn't able to pre order this.

I'll have to buy Karkland separately, right?

Will I also have to buy every new map they come out with or is there some kind of Project 10 Dollar thing I can pay for later that will net me all the stuff I need?

Bump.

alphaNoid

Banned
MaritalWheat said:
Was finally able to get the game running (stupid problem specific to my laptop). THIS GAME IS INSANE.
Runs incredibly.
Animation and graphics are surreal.
All the fucking fantastic touches, like how your body parts interact with the environment (climbing ladders, jumping shit) are so, so good.
When your team at all performs solidly, its easily one of the least "game-y" experiences I've had...can't say I know what war feels like, but the experience definitely feels more 'realistic' than any game I've played (in a Hollywood way). I've had moments straight out of Band of Brothers multiple times in less than an hour of playtime.
Question, is this your first BF game?

Mothman91

Is there no other HDD for the xbox 360 slim other than the 250 gb?? I don't need anything that big, maybe around 60 gb?? Can anyone help?

Mit-

I WANT TO HONK THE HORN IN THE JEEPS PLZ

Seriously how else do I yell at people to get in. There's no preset voice commands like in BF2, even.

Chaplain

A.R.K said:
so squad issues, aiming issues (when beta didn't have this problem at all), voice chat issues....nice very nice... what did the day 1 patch even fix then? Didn't they say squad system should be fixed in the day 1 patch?

I think I am gonna keep my copy sealed and see if they fix the shit by end of week else its going back and will buy when its cheap.

My wife picked up the PS3 version earlier today. Do we know if the 360 version has any of the same problems? If so, time to return the PS3 version for the 360 version.

Pookaki said:
Wait, so what part was fantastic? The part where you didn't get to fly the jet? Or that other part where you didn't get to fly the jet?

I liked the part where your pilot kept breathing heavily into his headset before saying the same "he's tracking!" sample over and over.

The_Monk

For all PS3 people (and 360 since I think it's the same) is it easy to invite 2 or 3 friends and make a party then search for a game?

I had some problems in the Beta, where I had 2 and 3 friends and we wanted to play together but then one or two went to the other team. Is this normal or will not happen now? Because I love to play as a team with my team RL friends.

Thanks in advance for answering!

alphaNoid said:
Question, is this your first BF game?
Nah, in a sense my first 'real' one (I've only owned them since Bad Company), but I used to watch my friend play BF2 on PC all the time and played a little. It's not Battlefield moments that are making me blow my load...it's that battlefield moments seem way more natural and intense due to how well the game looks and animates, (and how much less gimmicky and static the destruction element is). I think they nailed it.

Mothman91 said:
Is there no other HDD for the xbox 360 slim other than the 250 gb?? I don't need anything that big, maybe around 60 gb?? Can anyone help?

If you have access to an OG 360 hard drive, you can gut it and put the actual hard disk inside the slim.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Pookaki said:
Wait, so what part was fantastic? The part where you didn't get to fly the jet? Or that other part where you didn't get to fly the jet?

It was just like a movie, shit was incredible! Puts Super Metroid to shame!

J-Rock

Banned
Sad but true for the 360 version at least. I've tried it and it didn't work. The HD texture pack will NOT install on anything but an Xbox 360 HD. So, no 4GB slim, no external flash or HDD(I heard), must be a HDD that is designed for the 360. Damn.

d00d3n

Worst. Checkpointing. Ever.

They should have placed tighter checkpoints or made the encounters easier.

Also, the super mega graphics are nice, a taste of the future and so on, but the clutter/effects on screen kind of distract you from the core gameplay. I especially hate the dirt effect on your goggles. As a glasses wearer that is the kind of shit that you tolarate in life but have no patience for in a game.

I am glad that I get to experience this sensory overload type experience, but it should be possible to provide it with more usability testing and accessibility. The modern warfare games are sadly much better in this regard ...

Pookaki said:
Breathtaking visuals with shallow, hand-holding gameplay. Pretty much like everything else in the campaign I've played so far. Reminds me of an even more linear and constrained Killzone 3.

J-Rock said:
Sad but true for the 360 version at least. I've tried it and it didn't work. The HD texture pack will NOT install on anything but an Xbox 360 HD. So, no 4GB slim, no external flash or HDD, must be a HDD that is designed for the 360. Damn.

Nooooooooo!

So do you think a chinese knockoff one would work?

ClovingSteam said:
Bro, how can you NOT have a HDD on the 360? It's almost 2012 and six years since it launched.

USB sticks work great.. until now.

iam220

KingOfKong said:
This game's multiplayer is like sensory overload. It is really quite epic.

Epic would be the word to describe it. I was blown away by BC2 when it first hit and thought it too was epic but this ..... this takes it to a whole 'nother level.

J-Rock

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
Nooooooooo!

So do you think a chinese knockoff one would work?

Don't know. Worth a try I guess.

Inferno313 said:
He could have a 4gb slim with a few flash drives.

Yeah that's what I have. Flash drives out the ass but it just doesn't matter with this.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
RibbedHero said:
Where have you been for the last month?
Not in this thread, obviously. Had no idea it required a hard drive. not to mention, had no idea i couldn't create a private match to learn the maps.

lamesauce.

NullPointer said:
Breathtaking visuals with shallow, hand-holding gameplay. Pretty much like everything else in the campaign I've played so far. Reminds me of an even more linear and constrained Killzone 3.

is it better or worse than black ops campaign?

JackEtc said:
I bought one for my little brother off of Amazon, not made by Microsoft, really cheap. Works great.

Does he have an Arcade? Can he install the HD pack?

I'm trying not to get burned here, rent and bills are at an all time high :(

d0c_zaius

so how about those claims about aim input lag only on PS3? seems like a pretty important issue that is just getting ignored...

/sigh what a multiplatform mess this is. Had 360 version, sent it back for ps3 version, random reports of ps3 crappyness...should have just risked it and got the PC version.

yea lets just discuss the SP o_0000000000000000

JackEtc

sw33tclyde said:
Does he have an Arcade? Can he install the HD pack?

I'm trying not to get burned here, rent and bills are at an all time high :(
Dunno, I have BF3 on PC. Also he's 11, so he doesn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom