• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Tbh I didn't notice the input lag when I played last night on ps3..but if its true and the controls are gonna be tightened, then I'm alright with that!

The_Monk

The_Monk said:
For all PS3 people (and 360 since I think it's the same) is it easy to invite 2 or 3 friends and make a party then search for a game?

I had some problems in the Beta, where I had 2 and 3 friends and we wanted to play together but then one or two went to the other team. Is this normal or will not happen now? Because I love to play as a team with my team RL friends.

Thanks in advance for answering!

Anyone?

Jesus Christ, all I want to do is unlock this pistol I get for signing into gunclub, but I can't even add a console persona to link my gamertag to my EA account.

The EA website is such an abortion.

Vigilant Walrus said:
is it better or worse than black ops campaign?
For visuals, much, much better. But in terms of actual gunplay, Black Ops is better, and I really didn't like Black Ops.

I'm only 4 missions in though, and its worth seeing just because of the OMFG graphics. But there is very little "game" to it so far. I'm just following the NPCs from point A to B, fighting a few enemies at a time - hitting X to avoid getting QTE killed - and then watching pretty asplosions or vistas.

I'm both impressed at the visuals and saddened at a Battlefield campaign that doesn't utilize what makes Battlefield great, not in the slightest.

BigJiantRobut said:
THERE'S ALSO A QTE FOR FIGHTING A FUCKING RAT WHAT IS THAT SHIT
I know, what the hell was that? What a joke. And did that really have to be an insta-death QTE?

IGN Review said:
BF3 on consoles is limited to 24-player matches as opposed to the PC's 64, but thankfully most of the massive maps have been modified to suit the smaller player count. DICE has struck a nice balance that allows the levels to feel massive, but still manages to ensure that players come into contact regularly enough for there to be a decent amount of action. It's not a perfect solution to be sure. Whereas in the PC version your team won't be under too much strain if a rogue player decides to steal a plane and fly it around shooting at nothing when he really should be concentrating on capturing points on the ground; you'll feel the absence of every missing teammate while playing on the consoles.

Sigh... I'm feeling this. Wish they could have found a way to get at least 30 players on consoles.

Nabs

Smokey said:
Is VOIP built into the PC game? As in I plug in a mic and I'm in a squad, I can go ahead and talk with my squad.
Another console-only feature. For voice with a squad, you gotta either create a group in battlelog (before joining the server) or use a 3rd party program. We generally use Mumble for voip when playing with other gaffers.

cackhyena

Sooo, if I have the limited edition ( which I do ) from Amazon, is the Karkand map stuff just already just set up to go? Or do I have to have a code for it? I have dog tag codes and something for a M1911, but nothing about more maps.

NullPointer said:
I know, what the hell was that? What a joke. And did that really have to be an insta-death QTE?

Oh my god, it was insta-death? I didn't muck it up, does it
squeak at you to death or something?

AndyD

aka andydumi
cackhyena said:
Sooo, if I have the limited edition ( which I do ) from Amazon, is the Karkand map stuff just already just set up to go? Or do I have to have a code for it? I have dog tag codes and something for a M1911, but nothing about more maps.
Karkand is coming in about a month.

Smokey

Nabs said:
Another console-only feature. For voice with a squad, you gotta either create a group in battlelog or use a 3rd party program. We generally use Mumble for voip when playing with other gaffers.

*sigh*

So how does that work? What if you want to just talk with your squad? I imagine 32 players trying to talk could get quite annoying.

BigJiantRobut said:
Oh my god, it was insta-death? I didn't muck it up, does it
squeak at you to death or something?
Pretty much.

I hit the wrong button and the rat bites your hand something fierce and as you recoil away by rolling over you can just catch a glimpse of a guard standing right on top of you before he opens fire. Mission Failed. Loading... try again.

Nabs

Smokey said:
*sigh*

So how does that work? What if you want to just talk with your squad? I imagine 32 players trying to talk could get quite annoying.

We haven't had that many people on at once (usually around 10-12). If a lot of people sign on, we can just split into rooms and use a separate button for all-chat.

dmg04 said:
You need a hard drive to install the High Def Content?

F-----fuh fuhfuhfuh ........ fFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

RageFaceBlackSS.png

is this a serious question?

Neckbeard

I am sure there is a solution here, earlier in posts but I'm too fuming mad to search for it. I downloaded this game from Amazon overnight.

I click to install this morning and it installs Origin. Then I have to download the 11 gigs again from Origin?

Why did I download the game from Amazon in the first place???

Edit: It's giving me a speed of 18-20 MB/s. I don't even have service over 12 MB. Maybe this is the read/write speed from the Amazon download into the Origin directory?

Oh God, how did this get here I am not good with computer.

Nabs

Neckbeard said:
I am sure there is a solution here, earlier in posts but I'm too fuming mad to search for it. I downloaded this game from Amazon overnight.

I click to install this morning and it installs Origin. Then I have to download the 11 gigs again from Origin?

Why did I download the game from Amazon in the first place???

Are you sure it's actually downloading and not copying over the files?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Trin3785 said:
so the code is just to get it for free when its available to everyone? Damn, I thought it would be available to play on now...

Yep. Free when it comes out vs. paid when it comes out. I don't think some will get it early, as it would split the server population.

I think a month will fly by. But the 4 new maps will make a huge difference considering there are 9 now.

NullPointer said:
Pretty much.

I hit the wrong button and the rat bites your hand something fierce and as you recoil away by rolling over you can just catch a glimpse of a guard standing right on top of you before he opens fire. Mission Failed. Loading... try again.

Wow.

What's the best way to deal with vehicles when I'm not an engineer or don't have C4?

Also, how do you fire in a helicopter? I just got in one once but I couldn't figure out how to attack anyone. 360, here.

Biff

Is there anyway to display frame rate through a console command? Or do I need an external program to embed its own framerate count? (e.g. Fraps)

I don't know how DICE did it but they managed to make Operation Metro a fun map on PS3 for conquest. BF3 might be the smoothest online launch ever. Not one bit of lag so far. The game runs great. Awesome job Dice. I had my doubts after the Beta.

AndyD said:
Yep. Free when it comes out vs. paid when it comes out. I don't think some will get it early, as it would split the server population.

I think a month will fly by. But the 4 new maps will make a huge difference considering there are 9 now.

Have they said how much it's going to be? I didn't look at my copy from KMart til I got home and it's non LE. Not sure if it'd be worth taking it back or not.

Had some great games on the GAF server (my terrible username is RazzamatazUK). I'm going to be putting alot of hours into this. Sorry, Skyrim.

Nabs

ChefRamsay said:
Is there anyway to display frame rate through a console command? Or do I need an external program to embed its own framerate count? (e.g. Fraps)
Press ~ and type list. I think there is an option for that.

samus4ever said:
I don't know how DICE did it but they managed to make Operation Metro a fun map on PS3 for conquest. BF3 might be the smoothest online launch ever. Not one bit of lag so far. The game runs great. Awesome job Dice. I had my doubts after the Beta.

I'm sure it's much more fun with 24 players. 64 is a clusterfuck.

k3yring

Alright any suggestions to cooling off my xbox? It has overheated three times today despite having the game installed on the hard drive. xbox is currently sitting vertical in the open.

Paches

Sorry if this was addressed earlier but I never got my stats reset, is that not actually going to happen now? I read that the tweet was deleted, but I am still the same rank.

FLEABttn

Banned
Interficium said:
Sigh... I'm feeling this. Wish they could have found a way to get at least 30 players on consoles.

Blame MS and Sony and their ridiculous internet requirements. You're basically not allowed to use more than 7KBps upstream or downstream on the HD twins so some backwater ISDN users don't feel left out.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm sure it's much more fun with 24 players. 64 is a clusterfuck.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine that map with 64 players and the narrow corridors. Can't you play 32 player or is that not an option?

Neckbeard

Nabs said:
Are you sure it's actually downloading and not copying over the files?

I just realized that was probably the case when the speed was exceeding what I pay for in my internet service.

Thanks for being rational enough for the two of us.

kamspy

k3yring said:
Alright any suggestions to cooling off my xbox? It has overheated three times today despite having the game installed on the hard drive. xbox is currently sitting vertical in the open.

If you're comfortable opening it up. apply some thermal paste to the CPU/GPU. I opened up both my out of warranty PS3 and 360 and replaced all the factory paste about a year ago. Seems to have done a good job. The fans don't kick nearly as high.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ILOVEASIANS said:
Have they said how much it's going to be? I didn't look at my copy from KMart til I got home and it's non LE. Not sure if it'd be worth taking it back or not.

No. I imagine no less than 10-15 as it adds a lot of maps, weapons and so forth. Its a significant pack. If its not too late, try taking it back.

Smokey

FLEABttn said:
Blame MS and Sony and their ridiculous internet requirements. You're basically not allowed to use more than 7KBps upstream or downstream on the HD twins so some backwater ISDN users don't feel left out.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom