• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit-

Also, this game does have some preset voice commands :D Gotta hold Q. I was assuming, without actually looking at it, that that menu was for spotting specific things when they aren't necessarily in your sights (another BF2 feature that isn't present).

I still want to be able to honk horns, though.

And I've mostly solved my map woes. Zooming the map out and then enlarging it (changed the enlarge map to Caps Lock) lets you see mostly everything that's going on. But my orientation gets a bit messed up when it goes back to the spinning, dynamic minimap. Really, REALLY wish I could make it static. And I also wish it was possible to make this request heard at all from DICE.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn, just started the campaign with my new headphones. First off, the game is an eargasm. I never realized how much of an impact the sound had before I used these things. It got me into the game a lot more. The game is pretty gorgeous on PS3 too. The lighting in the third mission blew me away. I just finished Going Hunting and while I was meh on the campaign up until that point that mission was awesome. I got chills when
the BF theme kicked in after the jet launched
. I've heard the game picks up a lot after that point so I'm looking forward to getting back into it later.

kitch9

Banned
Jesus, trying to unlock stuff in the jets is an exercise in frustration....

Every fuckers got flares and homing misses, so the twatting pea shooter Dice saw fit to start you off with is useless.

Spokker

HoTHiTTeR said:
Can't even log into battlelog. " your account is not allowed to login". Wtf
I fixed this by clearing my cache and cookies, but I don't know which one of those did the trick.

I also connect to the site on port 80 so I can see ping. Again, I'm not sure if this is doing anything or if it's just a coincidence.

Zakkath

When I start the autorun on the disc, the game tries to download itself from Origin. WTF ?? I paid for a physical copy, I don't want to download the whole 11GB from EA...

Spokker

Zakkath said:
When I start the autorun on the disc, the game tries to download itself from Origin. WTF ?? I paid for a physical copy, I don't want to download the whole 11GB from EA...
EA: "Can't this guy take a hint?"

They want us off physical copies. Charging $60 online for a download that costs them pennies on the margin makes them more money.

That being said, I'm not sure if the physical copies actually have the game on there.

woober

WoodenLung said:
How did this motherfucker get a dinosaur on his dogtag? I MUST KNOW NOW.

bf32011-10-2521-43-35-cqqi.jpg

Screw the dogtag. Dat motion blur.

Salih

is that an easter-egg?

you know, that one level in Paris where the inside of the building looks like one of the levels out of Mirrors Edge?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really want that dinosaur dog tag. Once I found out that was in the preorder bonus I actually considered not canceling my Amazon preorder but $30 off BF3 at Kmart plus another $20 towards UC3 was too much to pass up. I'm rocking the bloodied N7 one.

harrytang

Why does it seem that TDM spawning is 100% random? Trying to learn controls and I'm spawning behind enemies, enemies are spawning in front of me, wtf?? Totally ruins experience. Cannot hold position as enemy could spawn behind you.

Are these Conquest maps really this linear? Granted, I only played it for about five minutes, but Daravmod Peak (whatever it's called) seemed be a tunnel with A on one end, C on the other, and B in the middle. Are there multiple ways around this level without traversing through the middle of the tunnel?

Jack Scofield said:
Are these Conquest maps really this linear? Granted, I only played it for about five minutes, but Daravmod Peak (whatever it's called) seemed be a tunnel with A on one end, C on the other, and B in the middle. Are there multiple ways around this level without traversing through the middle of the tunnel?

nope, just that one from what i have seen

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When I'm low on health near a medic I get a prompt to "hit Q to request medic". I hit Q and nothing happens. Is this normal? Can I not hear myself ask for a medic, but other people can?

bluerei said:
Welcome to battlefield. And it's not. At least you can see action at that amount of players. With 24 players I don't want to travel half the map to run into someone.

Have you even played Metro on Conquest 64? Battlefield, it ain't.

iam220 said:
notsureifserious.jpg

You might have a point with rush, but conquest ... bigger the better.

Sorry, but poorly designed CQ maps are the exception.

RoboPlato said:
I wish motion blur was on consoles. I loves me some motion blur.

Am i only one who thinks motion blur is annoying in MP Fps games in general?. Don't get me wrong i can probably run that maxed in bf3 but i instantly turned that shit off in crysis2 as well.

I rather use my screen edges for spotting enemies and such.

Mr. Snrub said:
Have you even played Metro on Conquest 64? Battlefield, it ain't.

Yeah I have and it's awesome. More people to kill, more action, more points. Battlefield, it is.

ColeTheMole said:
Am i only one who thinks motion blur is annoying in MP Fps games in general?. Don't get me wrong i can probably run that maxed in bf3 but i instantly turned that shit off in crysis2 as well.

They have a slider on pc version that allows you to control how much MB is on the screen.

FStop7

Banned
Zakkath said:

Are you sure it's actually downloading? I ran the installer after DLing the game from Amazon and the Origin installer said "Downloading" even though in reality it was copying the files from my downloads directory to the install directory.

redhot_

kitch9 said:
Jesus, trying to unlock stuff in the jets is an exercise in frustration....

Every fuckers got flares and homing misses, so the twatting pea shooter Dice saw fit to start you off with is useless.

I got tons of flight time and no kills lolol, i totally know how you feel.. shits hard to aim. I wonder if you dive bomb tanks if it will blow it up and count for a jet kill.. hmm

ugh now i am getting booted from servers from admins and getting random crashes and rubberbanding. was working so good this morning too. anybody else experiencing this?

iam220

woober said:
Screw the dogtag. Dat motion blur.

Dat camo.

Mr. Snrub said:
Sorry, but poorly designed CQ maps are the exception.

Fair enough, luckily there's only 1 map in bf3 that fits that criteria .... granted I haven't yet played enough to really solidify that opinion.

KingOfKong said:
ugh now i am getting booted from servers from admins and getting random crashes and rubberbanding. was working so good this morning too. anybody else experiencing this?

The after work east-coast rush, will probably get worse before it gets better. Took BC2 like 2 weeks before it got stable. The first weekend was especially bad.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
uggg trying to play multiplayer with wsad instead of QWES and its killing me.

I've been using Q=Strafe Left W=Jump E=Strafe Right since doom and Duke3d.
trying to change is fighting 15years of muscle memory its like trying to throw a ball with your wrong arm..just BLAH! can't hit the right keys to save my life..

Hopefully they patch the Commo Rose so it isn't Hard bound to Q soon.. very frustrating

SpudBud

KingOfKong said:
Yeah, I'm getting booted also. I wonder if it's PB issue. It wouldn't be a battlefield launch without one.

spidye

quick question. I am trying to make a private squad with a friend but it seems I'm doing something wrong. we are never in a squad or sometimes not even in the same team.
how do I make a private squad just for 2 people?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
bjscott05 said:
The PS3 aiming is pretty disappointing. I can still do well with it, but it isn't as good as the aiming in the beta.
Turning up the sensitivity a couple notches fixed it for me.

ColeTheMole said:
Am i only one who thinks motion blur is annoying in Fps games in general?. Don't get me wrong i can probably run that maxed in bf3 but i instantly turned that shit off in crysis2 as well.

I completely understand this. I'm just super sensitive to shifts in resolution in motion so it has a much greater effect on smoothing out motion for me and it doesn't really mess me up much. I think I just notice it more than most people.

SpudBud said:
Yeah, I'm getting booted also. I wonder if it's PB issue. It wouldn't be a battlefield launch without one.

ok good to know its not just me. i thought maybe it was just a bitter admin until it happened on the next server i jumped on.

kamspy

I think the single player is vastly underrated. For anyone who enjoys a romp through a COD campaign or MoH 2010, this game is right up your alley.

Put it like this, the most boring scene from BF3, would be the most memorable scene from MoH 2010 (and I like MoH, just saying).

I think the set pieces you play through (which are just COD shooting galleries) are on near Uncharted levels. Now, if that's not your thing, I understand. But if you can find the inherent value in a mindless military shooter with a ton of guns (really, I love the variety of gun drops, I can change it up every couple engagements), this game is for you.

Menelaus

Banned
ColeTheMole said:

Cole = One of the GOOD GUYS

bluerei said:
Yeah I have and it's awesome. More people to kill, more action, more points. Battlefield, it is.

Guess we have different definitions of Battlefield. Mine doesn't involve being stuck in a meatgrinder underground with 3 capture points arranged in a straight line. Just the fact that it has only 3 capture points, makes it contrary to the traditional spirit of Battlefield.

iam220 said:
Fair enough, luckily there's only 1 map in bf3 that fits that criteria .... granted I haven't yet played enough to really solidify that opinion.

Damavand Peak is linear as well, but at least has outdoor areas and a chopper you can take over the tunnel.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
Dont play metro? Why would you do that after it was in both alpha and beta.

True. But not playing the map, doesn't make it any less shitty.

Question about the PS3-version regarding Squads:

Are the issues people had in the Beta fixed? Can you now FINALLY join games with friends without getting split into different teams / squads?
Also: Is IN-GAME Squad-management back? You know, creating your own squad, inviting and/or joining friends through the start menu while you're in a match.

Thanks for answering!

Zakkath

FStop7 said:
Are you sure it's actually downloading? I ran the installer after DLing the game from Amazon and the Origin installer said "Downloading" even though in reality it was copying the files from my downloads directory to the install directory.

That could be the answer. I thought it would write "installing", but I guess EA expected everyone to download it so they didn't write that line in the code :)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
RoboPlato said:
I wish motion blur was on consoles. I loves me some motion blur.

I play with everything on Ultra, 2x AA and 8x AS. Turning off motion blur for me greatly increased my frame rate and also made it a ton easier to spot enemies.

I don't know why anyone would want motion blur in this game. There's enough crap flying around everywhere making spotting hard enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom