• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaNoid

Banned
MaritalWheat said:
Nah, in a sense my first 'real' one (I've only owned them since Bad Company), but I used to watch my friend play BF2 on PC all the time and played a little. It's not Battlefield moments that are making me blow my load...it's that battlefield moments seem way more natural and intense due to how well the game looks and animates, (and how much less gimmicky and static the destruction element is). I think they nailed it.
Nice, yea I would agree :)

Hello. I pre-ordered the game from Best Buy since it's right next to my work and why not. I don't see anything on my reciept about the Spectact Kit Upgrade. Is this somthing that is in the case? How do I get my damn free stupid pre-order bonus?

AndyD said:
No. I imagine no less than 10-15 as it adds a lot of maps, weapons and so forth. Its a significant pack. If its not too late, try taking it back.

Ahh, thanks.

I think I'll try to take it back tomorrow. Not sure if they'll have any LE's left by then though. I also used a gaming coupon when I bought it. I'll probably just say screw it if they don't refund that too. Coupon was for $30, so I'll still be in decent shape even if I have to pay for Karkand.

Das-J

Law of the West
We're having some fun at the office today:
14mzwh5.jpg

wqsft1.jpg

2v9ra88.jpg

Makoto

Whenever I want to play in a 64-player server, it seems my only choices are either 62/64 (which becomes 64/64 when I click on the server) or 1/64. Yes, I'm using the 1-5 and 5+ filters.

Facism

just a question for our american friends: Were there limited editions with Back to Karkand available at retail?

I'd love to try Battlefield 3 but I'm not willing to shell out $60 for it in order to get a taste of the multiplayer. I would redbox it or blockbuster it but you have to have the online code to unlock the multiplayer and I'm not going to shell out an additional $10 for the online code for a game I don't own. If there is anyone with the PS3 online code and not interested in the multiplayer offerings, I'd love to try it. Right now it seems like a pass to me, EA.

AndyD said:
No. I imagine no less than 10-15 as it adds a lot of maps, weapons and so forth. Its a significant pack. If its not too late, try taking it back.

I think they mentioned briefly on the IGN live stream-show with a DICE dev yesterday that it will be 15.

FoggyFreek

SuperDowns said:
I'd love to try Battlefield 3 but I'm not willing to shell out $60 for it in order to get a taste of the multiplayer. I would redbox it or blockbuster it but you have to have the online code to unlock the multiplayer and I'm not going to shell out an additional $10 for the online code for a game I don't own. If there is anyone with the PS3 online code and not interested in the multiplayer offerings, I'd love to try it. Right now it seems like a pass to me, EA.

You can have like 200 hours of gaming fun with one of the best multiplayer experiences on the market. What can go wrong with $60?

SP is a hell-of-a-ride, I was surprised!

_woLf

Can anyone explain to me why the game comes on 2 DVDs for PC, but my stupid as fuck Origin client is insisting on downloading the entire damn game online? It's going at about 2.4MB/s but it shouldn't take a fucking hour to install a video game.

This is stupid.

Menelaus

Banned
_woLf said:
Can anyone explain to me why the game comes on 2 DVDs for PC, but my stupid as fuck Origin client is insisting on downloading the entire damn game online? It's going at about 2.4MB/s but it shouldn't take a fucking hour to install a video game.

This is stupid.

because you didn't install from the DVDs to your default origin games directory!

Majanew

Banned
Well, they couldn't get rid of the screen-tearing in the 360 version. Just started playing the SP and when you get out of the vehicle and you're walking slow through the street, it's tearing all over the place. Fucking HATE tearing. Ugh.

SUPARSTARX

_woLf said:

This is stupid.
I thought it was downloading for me, but it was just transfering off the DVD. If your directories are the same, it will come from the DVD. If they're different directories, you'll be downloading it off Origin.

_woLf

Menelaus said:
because you didn't install from the DVDs to your default origin games directory!

I never was given an option to, I click install and it just opens Origin right there and began the download. :|

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
ClovingSteam said:
Bro, how can you NOT have a HDD on the 360? It's almost 2012 and six years since it launched.
Just recently got an Xbox again. For a while i was mainly using my friends as i was tight on cash and had to get rid of my original.

Not to mention, there is almost no need for a hard drive when you mainly play multiplayer games that don't need over 4 gigs of space [i usually delete the DLC when moving to the next game.]

I've been putting off the 100$ Hard drive for as long as humanly possible.

Are the PC reviews indicative of the console version's quality? I have the PS3 on pre-order but I haven't heard much about the console versions 9except the aiming lag).

Mit-

GAF server is making me enjoy this game a lot. Please put it back online D: I don't care if I have to reconnect after every match.

I'm addMitt by the way.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm pretty terrible with a PS3 controller, but I had one really great round on whichever the desert map with two tanks and two jets per team was. As soon as the round started I managed to hop into one of the tanks and drive around randomly towards whatever flag looked closest. I eventually made my way to the gas station and took that. There was this road going uphill with rocks on either side, and as soon as I pulled away from the gas station I noticed an enemy tank coming over the rise. I destroyed that, and since we had all the flags I figured that would be a good place to just patrol. I'm not sure if the other team were all BF newbies, but they kept sending one tank over the hill at a time, whereupon I would take them out from long range, usually before they even pinged me. I was lucky enough to have a squadmate who seemed to be repairing me on the rare occasions that I did get hit. They did finally get me when two tanks came at the same time and I mistimed my exiting of my tank when it got really low. Didn't immediately notice that a crippled tank will bleed out health. I had, however, destroyed both of their tanks in the process.

After that I spawned into a miraculously unoccupied jet. Unfortunately, the jet in front of me was also unoccupied, but the person who boarded it was just sitting on the runway for two minutes. I tried to sort of nudge my jet around him on the runway, but ended up scratching my paint up on the rough. Apparently you can still take off with afterburners from a short distance over rough terrain I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom