• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
WoodenLung said:
Yes now people just wait in limbo for their damn jets, not a improvement. :(

They'll either wait on the runway or wait in limbo. It's a huge improvement for me- if I see a jet available I might take it. As opposed to spawning on the runway and finding no jets, forcing me to run 2 minutes to the nearest vehicle so I can actually fight.

WoodenLung said:
How did this motherfucker get a dinosaur on his dogtag? I MUST KNOW NOW.

http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-2521-43-35-cqqi.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That screenshot looks goddamn impressive. For once, I bow to the master race.

d0c_zaius

legbone said:
i've been having all kinds of troubles with ea sites and gunclub today. gunclub acts like i don't exist even though i can log into the ea sites with my gamertag. i haven't tried battlelog yet (just got back from the store with the game, installing now) but i bet all the sites are getting hammered.

edit: in response to doc zaius

yea I wasnt able to sign in or link my PSN id to my master EA account but somehow I've unlocked all the stuff (ME3 dogtags and silenced pistol). But all this website nonsense is a mess.

Still need to find a way to link my PSN id to my master EA account, but I dont want to sit in customer service hell to do it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Extinguisher seems to make a HUGE difference for the survivability of your vehicle. I was a door gunner for a pilot who had IR flares and extinguisher, and it honestly seemed a LITTLE OP. Health starts regen/repair very quickly after being hit. Wish I knew his exact setup, but I THINK he had extinguisher.

In beta fire extinguisher and flares occupied the same load out slot, you couldn't bring both, just one or the other. You sure that changed?

What is far more likely is that one of the other passengers was an engineer and pulled out his propane torch, you can repair the scout/transport copters in flight as a passenger in 2 of the seats..

slicknick27

Neo Member
Does Joining as Party put you in the same team/squad? So far that doesn't seem to be the case. But with the servers constantly booting us upon load I can't really tell...

cdyhybrid

Can't join any games on 360 :( Telling me to check my network connection, yet here I am posting on GAF. I figure it's just first-day server hammering.

Woo-Fu said:
In beta fire extinguisher and flares occupied the same load out slot, you couldn't bring both, just one or the other. You sure that changed?

What is far more likely is that one of the other passengers was an engineer and pulled out his propane torch, you can repair the scout/transport copters in flight as a passenger in 2 of the seats..

Sorry, guess I should have clarified: no one on our team was ballsy enough to do it. They kept grabbing the chopper and crashing it OR just flying over the tunnel. I kinda like Damavand. Maybe it's just the huge Tonka-ish trucks.

Woo-Fu said:

Ahaaaaa...I did not know that. Figures, since you can do that in BC2.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The game is great, but dear God they need to work on dropped connections. I was in the middle of a great game, was just about to knife someone, when the connection was dropped, and it seems like I lost all the perks I earned in the game.

Okay, so going on what I've read across several forums, playing with friends still fucking sucks.

Someone please confirm: Are squad management options available when in-game (console version), so you can create squads / invite friends through the start menu while in a match?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Guys with a pioneer kuro what is your brightness setting 360 version? Cant seem to find a good setting with the in game slider

SoulPlaya said:
The game is great, but dear God they need to work on dropped connections. I was in the middle of a great game, was just about to knife someone, when the connection was dropped, and it seems like I lost all the perks I earned in the game.

Pretty sure they said that if you disconnect or quit, your stats save. Only situation where they won't save is if the server crashes, I believe.

bigace33

This game kicked my ass on my first ever Battlefield multiplayer match. 1 kill to 10 deaths. What is the best match type for a noobie to kind of get his feet wet and learn how to play? I'm on PC and have been trying out the 360 pad and the keyboard and both feel very uncomfortable to me at the moment. In short, I'm completely losy out there. :-(

magicaltrevor said:
Fuck, really?

But what about in-game squad management? Is that at least in??
Yes, that works. But it's nigh impossible to start a game with friends. We constantly get split up or dropped

doctordoak said:
Yes, that works. But it's nigh impossible to start a game with friends. We constantly get split up or dropped

Okay... so when you're in the same team, you can just create a new squad and send invites to your friends so they'll join your squad and all is fine, right?

Highlaw

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is the Mortar available for all kits or is that still unkown?
What does it replace (ex: ammo box for support), and how does it work?

Raine

magicaltrevor said:
Question about the PS3-version regarding Squads:

Are the issues people had in the Beta fixed? Can you now FINALLY join games with friends without getting split into different teams / squads?
Also: Is IN-GAME Squad-management back? You know, creating your own squad, inviting and/or joining friends through the start menu while you're in a match.

Thanks for answering!
No, it's still broken. Fortunately, you can create your own squad in-game (Well technically you're joining an empty squad)

elrechazao said:
can't play mp at all on 360 either.

Ya, I can't connect either, bah! Was looking forward to it all day during work. Knew I should have gotten it on PC... all my friends are console peons though!

I guess the only choice now is to play Dark souls...

So after playing a decent amount of multiplayer, a few things that would be awesome in a patch :

• Smaller chat box. At least remove the background, it takes up way too much space and there is a lot of unnecessary info, I don't need to have it say SAY TO : ALL in big fat letters, just make it 3 different font colors like in counter strike and waste much less space, most lines written in the game to each other could be on one line alone if that was removed.

• Turn down the effects a little. At least give us a slider so we can choose ourselves, yes it should be fair to everyone but getting completely blinded by the sun, rain or dirt is just annoying, it's also way over done in singleplayer but at least I am not competing with other people in that.

• Proper squad management in game.. Yes it's still shit. Having a hard time getting into the same squad and team even if we join the same party and party join as something always messes up..

• Delete metro conquest and pretend it was never there.

Just got a new ISP yesterday, was afraid I was getting dropped because of modem shenanigans. It's almost comforting to come in here and see that nope, it's just the 360 servers are just DOWN.

cdyhybrid

Before, I couldn't connect to the servers and it just kicked me back to the menu screen. Now, I can't connect to the servers and I get stuck loading the menu screen so I have to dashboard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom