• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
WoodenLung said:
There's a performance thread here which got some benchmarks and stuff, seems like yes you will get a bit better performance, not a big step though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449570

Ah cool! Thanks for the link...now if only I could fix my mousewheel problem...

Quoting myself from the battlelog forums...

Hi, I've noticed, since the alpha, that if I set my Logitech G9 mouse to scroll 5 lines every click of the scrollwheel like I set it normally, the game will also skip weapons! So for example I'll go from the main gun to the grenades to the knife, etc. Basically makes the mouse wheel unusable. If I change it back to 1 line in the logitech software it's fine in game....but I can't bare the 1 line scroll on the web...

Anybody know a way to fix that?

J-Rock

Banned
Failed to connect to EA Online. Please try again.

soldiersad.jpg

wait...

I ACTUALLY GOT IN! SERVER IS WORKING AGAIN!

happysoldier.jpg

Mothman91

Snapshot King said:
Considerable. Until the servers went down I was having a blast, games fantastic minus a few nitpicks, but I'm really digging suppression and the new vehicle mechanics. That being said, can someone explain to me how suppression works EXACTLY? Im getting bonuses for it all the time but I wonder what its like on the other end.
It's when the enemy is like behind a rock or some cover and you just keep them pinned down by firing.

ZERATUL PL said:
yup its working again... didnt know that writing complain message on gaf will fix ea servers... gotta do this more often

Well it's the opposite for me. Whenever I come in to gush about a game online the second I come back something bad happens. lol.

Snapshot King said:
Considerable. Until the servers went down I was having a blast, games fantastic minus a few nitpicks, but I'm really digging suppression and the new vehicle mechanics. That being said, can someone explain to me how suppression works EXACTLY? Im getting bonuses for it all the time but I wonder what its like on the other end.

When you're being suppressed your vision becomes blurry (can't remember if your hearing is affected). It's easy to mistake it for being shot at first.

Gravitom

Has anyone found a solution for binding mouse4, mousewheelup, mousewheeldown, etc? It is really killing me to have to scroll through weapons/items.

Man, some people get very pissed off with very short server downtime. Just relax, get a drink, and do something else until servers get back up.

I can understand the frustration, but no need to through a hissy fit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, so after Going Hunting the campaign actually gets pretty damn good. It reminds me a lot of CoD4 after that point. The first few missions are everything wrong with modern FPS but after that it becomes pretty well scripted, amazing audio, decent pacing, and semi-authenticity without getting too over the top. The lighting is also constantly impressing me. I'm really enjoying playing this with the new PS3 Stereo headphones. Sounds great to me. The Comrades mission looks gorgeous too, definitely a heavy influence from Mirror's Edge in it. I'd love an MP map like that.

zlatko

Banned
W/e they changed to bullets in the final version is a catastrophe. I can get a drop on a guy not miss a damn fucking bullet with my gun, and then I get shot twice and I'm done.

Hit detection is questionable too. :/

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm at work so not sure what's going ATM but this has been the smoothest bf launch so far. Only issues I've had are amd's fault.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
zlatko said:
W/e they changed to bullets in the final version is a catastrophe. I can get a drop on a guy not miss a damn fucking bullet with my gun, and then I get shot twice and I'm done.

Hit detection is questionable too. :/
Battlefield has always been like this.

Nizz

FINALBOSS said:
It just feels off. Not nearly as responsive it feels like. It's like lag in the aiming almost. I don't like it... :(

FINALBOSS said:
PS3 people--confirmed our aiming is fucked up.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4347699147817/

jorma said:
What does it say, for us who are not allowed to log on yet?

FINALBOSS said:
Tons of people complaining about aiming on PS3.

It's sluggish, weighty, and just feels very off compared to the Beta. One of the guys from DICE said they are "looking" at it (on Twitter) but it doesn't instill any confidence.

Some guy is making it his personal mission to get this fixed already on Twitter.

xclaw said:
Ya, aiming on PS3 is pretty bunk. I hope it's enough of a problem they put in some sort of a fix.

FFS, how the hell could DICE fuck up the aiming? Controls felt great in the beta. Maybe some slightly aggressive recoil but besides that they felt great. Sounds like the controls feel like Bad Company 2 again, which I got accustomed to but could of felt snappier. I had the sensitivity maxed out in BC2 but the controls felt way more responsive in the BF3 beta.

Really hope they take care of that...

DarkChild

Banned
meppi said:
And this is supposed to be funny how?
Its more him playing BF3 not knowing what the point of the game is and than loosing his mind over it than his yelling, but yea...Pres is funny guy when he is playing BF games.

OldJadedGamer said:
So no one else is getting the failed Battlelog error:

"Your account is not allowed to login"?

If you haven't played the game on consoles with your Origin ID, or you didn't get the digital copy you can't use Battlelog.

In other words, Battlelog can only be used once you register your copy of the game.

spidye

Raine said:
No, it's still broken. Fortunately, you can create your own squad in-game (Well technically you're joining an empty squad)
how? I tried to join in an empty squad but it always puts me in a squad with other players

meppi

DarkChild said:
Its more him playing BF3 not knowing what the point of the game is and than loosing his mind over it than his yelling, but yea...Pres is funny guy when he is playing BF games.
Still don't get it. Must be me. :-/

Alright guys, need some network knowledges. My roommate and I both connect to our router. Whenever one of us is playing a game, and the other joins, it will disconnect the one who is currently in-game, 90% of the time. Sometimes, it won't even let the disconnectee re-join the server. It just hangs at "Connecting" in Battlelog.

What the fuck could be going on here? This does not happen to any other games that we play.

Clott

I just cashed my check and now have enough money to buy the game, but I also want the preorder bonuses. where can I buy both of them?

Preferably online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom