• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodenLung said:
So after playing a decent amount of multiplayer, a few things that would be awesome in a patch :

• Smaller chat box. At least remove the background, it takes up way too much space and there is a lot of unnecessary info, I don't need to have it say SAY TO : ALL in big fat letters, just make it 3 different font colors like in counter strike and waste much less space, most lines written in the game to each other could be on one line alone if that was removed.

• Turn down the effects a little. At least give us a slider so we can choose ourselves, yes it should be fair to everyone but getting completely blinded by the sun, rain or dirt is just annoying, it's also way over done in singleplayer but at least I am not competing with other people in that.

• Proper squad management in game.. Yes it's still shit. Having a hard time getting into the same squad and team even if we join the same party and party join as something always messes up..

• Delete metro conquest and pretend it was never there.

Agreed on all points, especially the last. God awful.

I know they are still working on the squad management and will be improving it. I can only assume the same about the chat box.

Mr. Snrub said:
Agreed on all points, especially the last. God awful.

I know they are still working on the squad management and will be improving it. I can only assume the same about the chat box.

Well, about the squad management... there was this e-mail from EA that was send to bigger gaming sites:

Copies are set to arrive on Tuesday because there is a Day 1 update. DICE are perfectionists — they will not stop polishing the game until it is in your hands. The Day 1 update incorporates real-time feedback from the beta, ensuring that the consumer experience on launch day is outstanding. It is the actual consumer experience that we wish to be reviewed. The game with the Day 1 update will be available for review on Oct. 25.

“The Day 1 update incorporates real-time feedback from the beta.” Kevin O’Leary pointed out that beta fixes were still being incorporated, so this is nothing to be surprised about. The PC patch will be distributed via Origin, PS3 and Xbox 360 users will receive the Battlefield 3 patch through their respective marketplaces (free).

So I guess that patch will also address the squad management/matchmaking?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:
Wonder if it's just some server/latency issues they need to work out?

Has to be, otherwise DICE has gone fucking insane. DEFAULT CONTROLS FEEL LIKE KILLZONE 2 LEVEL LAG. AKA: SHIT. There is no fucking way to adjust the sensitivity to where it isn't "dogshit slow" or "insane batshit fast." You can't pinpoint on a dime anymore. WTF DICE?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Does it seem to anyone else like tank rounds have much less drop than in any previous Battlefield game?

Victrix

*beard*
TheSeks said:
Has to be, otherwise DICE has gone fucking insane. DEFAULT CONTROLS FEEL LIKE KILLZONE 2 LEVEL LAG. AKA: SHIT. There is no fucking way to adjust the sensitivity to where it isn't "dogshit slow" or "insane batshit fast." You can't pinpoint on a dime anymore. WTF DICE?

From various reports, there is NEGATIVE mouse acceleration enabled in the retail, that wasn't in the beta

Yeah, I have no fucking idea why they would add that

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Eric WK said:
What this feels like is a DICE multiplayer launch.
Dice multiplayer lanches have never caused my console to freeze. In fact, i haven't had a console freeze since the original Xbox.

Beta froze this box for the first [and only] time.
Actual game has now frozen my box.

Idk what to think.

After restarting, i'm now stuck in a loading screen.

Raine

magicaltrevor said:
Great. And from there, you can then invite friends into that squad, right?
Yes. I did it earlier. And it'll work if your friends try to join your squad without an invite as well.

Maaseru

Banned
So quick question I got the game, retail copy, but I just remember when I built my new PC my old dvd drives didn't work so while I'm waiting for the new BD drive, Can I download the game for free of Origin because I got the copy, what can I do?

Raine

magicaltrevor said:
Well, about the squad management... there was this e-mail from EA that was send to bigger gaming sites:

So I guess that patch will also address the squad management/matchmaking?
Nope. That's the first thing you download when you launch the game.

Just got home with the PC version. There's no printed manual, how do I get the product code, do i get that in Origin? Man this is a pain in the ass to setup and install.
newbie needs help.

J-Rock

Banned
The connection with EA online was lost.

soldier-sad-2-293x300.jpg

DarthWoo said:
Does it seem to anyone else like tank rounds have much less drop than in any previous Battlefield game?
Yes. It's basically point and shoot now.

I don't know why DICE didn't just copy/paste the controls/physics/everything from BF2 vehicles.

Cheech

What else is awesome is you can't remap the Q key off squad command. You can map squad command to other keys, but regardless of what you put on 'Q', it will always bring up the squad command circular window.

Which is really awesome, since I have been mapping "Q" to left strafe since Quake 1.

Game is unplayable.

IDK if it's because I haven't really been on a multiplayer FPS in a long time or what, but I'm getting HAMMERED like never before. Multiple 1-15, 2-13, 3-10 type of matches, and it's driving me crazy.

And some of these first sets of M-COMs seem overly difficult.

aznpxdd

herzogzwei1989 said:
Just got home with the PC version. There's no printed manual, how do I get the product code, do i get that in Origin? Man this is a pain in the ass to setup and install.
newbie needs help.

Its on the back of a piece of paper in the DVD case.

XxCGSxX

I got in my first 3 matches before going to class, got out recently, My body was ready.....CAN'T Connect to EA Online FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Arment

I absolutely love sniping in this game. Unlocked the bolt sniper and I'm in heaven. Long range shots are especially fun. I love watching the bullet arc and take them in the face. It's gratifying as hell.

D6AMIA6N said:
Great idea, let's release a game yet not prepare our servers to handle the traffic! Fuck this. Back to Forza, so disappointed.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a game this big that doesn't have launch day issues.

tsigo

J-Rock said:

Yeah I'm getting that too. What's worse is after that happens, it's just a permanent "Loading" in the bottom-right with a dim screen that you can't back out of. Stupid piece of shit.

Kthreev

dmg04 said:
Dice multiplayer lanches have never caused my console to freeze. In fact, i haven't had a console freeze since the original Xbox.

Beta froze this box for the first [and only] time.
Actual game has now frozen my box.

Idk what to think.

After restarting, i'm now stuck in a loading screen.

Same is happening to me. This is ridiculous.

Failed to connect to EA Online. Please try again.

Blah!

Edit: Also its really dumb that I still have to swap discs to switch from single to multi even after I've installed both to my HDD already.

Megasoum

Banned
A bit OT but I have a question for you guys. I am running a Radeon 6870 right now and I'm getting "good" performances... Nothing crazy but it's pretty and very playable.

However, I am getting really tired of the AMD drivers (my god they suck) and I am getting some really serious color banding recently and I don't remember the problem being as bad on my old pc so I assume that this is related to my video card.

So, would switching to a GeForce 560 TI make a good difference in performance?

So, on the 360, has there been a marked improvement from the beta in terms of matchmaking? Getting into a functional game was akin to a miracle for me. Will I at least be able to play when I want to?

Hi GAF... I'll ask here because GAF > internet > GAF

I have a Phenom II X6 1090T and a buddy of mine has a i5 2500k. Our settings are as follows:

Me:
Phenom II X6 1090T @3.8GHz
6GB RAM
Radeon 6870

Buddy's:
Intel i5 2500k @3.2GHz
4GB RAM
Radeon 6950

The thing is that normally, my pc has lower average performance than his, but in BF3 case I have like a 5~8 fps better performance than his at the same settings (All Ultra but AA 2x)

We noticed that BF3 uses my 6 cores at about 60% each which is a First for me in any game.

Have you heard something like this?? Is BF3 optimized for cores or is it optimized for AMD?

Any reviews that benchmark BF3 based on CPU and not GPU?

Thanks.

BTW Add me =D. EA's ID =
renegng

Megasoum said:
A bit OT but I have a question for you guys. I am running a Radeon 6870 right now and I'm getting "good" performances... Nothing crazy but it's pretty and very playable.

However, I am getting really tired of the AMD drivers (my god they suck) and I am getting some really serious color banding recently and I don't remember the problem being as bad on my old pc so I assume that this is related to my video card.

So, would switching to a GeForce 560 TI make a good difference in performance?

There's a performance thread here which got some benchmarks and stuff, seems like yes you will get a bit better performance, not a big step though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449570

mickcenary said:
So, on the 360, has there been a marked improvement from the beta in terms of matchmaking? Getting into a functional game was akin to a miracle for me. Will I at least be able to play when I want to?

Considerable. Until the servers went down I was having a blast, games fantastic minus a few nitpicks, but I'm really digging suppression and the new vehicle mechanics. That being said, can someone explain to me how suppression works EXACTLY? Im getting bonuses for it all the time but I wonder what its like on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom