• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

OMG this install on 360 is taking fucking FOREVER. Is this normal? Been stuck at 49% for 10 min now.

Oh got a disc-read error during install process. That's great.

Izayoi

Banned
Smokey said:
Battlefield 3 keeps saying "BF3 has stopped working".

:/

Any temp fix for this?
Delete your save folder (My Documents > Battlefield 3) and TURN OFF CLOUD SAVING.

I can't stress that enough, if there is anyone who still has it enabled.

The sound in this game is un-freaking-believable. It has the best sound quality / design / tech / wtv ever.

I just did the thunder run mission and the part where helicopters fly by you can hear freaking pebbles thrown by the helis hit the tank. So many freaking details everywhere.

Symphonic

Just talked to a guy who was having the same login server error as me and he said he fixed it by doing a complete system reinstall.

I have a ton of shit on this computer and no way to back it up. Is there a way to restore a system without, well, restoring a system?

Everdred

I have been playing on PC and I haven't had these problems yet. Haven't been disconnected or locked up. gtx470, i7 2600

2San

For people playing the 360 version how is it compared to BF:BC2? Looking at vids it just looks full of jank. For now I'm happy I didn't pre-order.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
loblaw said:
Just talked to a guy who was having the same login server error as me and he said he fixed it by doing a complete system reinstall.

I have a ton of shit on this computer and no way to back it up. Is there a way to restore a system without, well, restoring a system?

No way I'm doing a re install to fix a game bug. Try CCcleaner or something. Shit I would reinstall Origin and BF3 before doing a windows reinstall.

TheJerit

FlyinJ said:
I'm running the latest beta preview drivers on my 6850 from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat1110PreDriverV3.aspx

Generally, I get no stutter at all. Every once in a while I'll get some pretty bad pausing, though. It will freeze on a frame for about a second then freeze again a few seconds later... then go away. This happens pretty rarely, however- I can play for 30 mins without it occuring, or it may happen 3 minutes into a match then 2 minutes after and not happen again.

this only happened to me at the very end of the night after having the game minimized for an hour or so. i played all night on and off too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Getting disconnected every 20 minutes, could be PB but the game is completely useless and just says I've been disconnected than tell me anything useful.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Listen to Izayoi...Delete Cloud save and get rid of the CAB profiles if your running the latest preview drivers. Use Driver sweeper or something similar to completely remove AMD drivers. I've only had one crash and of course it was an ATI dll that was the cause.

Dakota47

KingOfKong said:
I am totally in love with this game, I can tell it is going to hook me like a bad crack habit.

I was about to post something along the same lines. I have had my first proper session tonight with buddies on Mumble and it was glorious. There were numerous typical Battlefield moments with helicopters crashing right in front of you and buildings collapsing. So much fun.

I actually enjoyed the co-op as well. I've played through the first two missions and especially the one in the helo was vey enjoyable. And since it unlocks a couple of sweet weapons for the real multiplayer I will probably play quite a bit more of it.

360 Servers down again.

16407304_f6d2393518.jpg

RibbedHero said:
If you haven't played the game on consoles with your Origin ID, or you didn't get the digital copy you can't use Battlelog.

In other words, Battlelog can only be used once you register your copy of the game.

I've neen playing BC2 for almost 2 years now... I have put in the pass for this game as well.

First time ever playing battlefield and I just got it for the ps3. Is this right? Do I really need to buy an "online pass code" just to play multiplayer? 9.99 just to play the online game? Or am I doing something wrong. Please help.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont get it. I can fly a plane, but I cant shoot or do anythign whatsoever except crash or ditch. What the fuck? I've tried pressing every button, but nothing every happens. It gives me no fucking clues whatsoever. Fucking useless shit.

And why am I so god damn terrible at this when I was good at the beta? Seriously, I'm absolutely just cannon-fodder for the enemy. I shoot people quite well but they dont die, and I just end up getting killed instead.

What am I doing wrong guys? I'm not having fun. I really like this game, but this is seriously frustrating. I'm not bad at FPS games, either. Its not like I'm just running around like an idiot in CoD. I just cant seem to do anything effective at all.

Eric WK

boomerisgod said:
First time ever playing battlefield and I just got it for the ps3. Is this right? Do I really need to buy an "online pass code" just to play multiplayer? 9.99 just to play the online game? Or am I doing something wrong. Please help.

You should have a code in your game box.

JB1981

Looks like I'm going to have to return my X360 copy. Game won't install :( .. disc read errors

edit: looks like if I install from menu screen it works but installing disc at dash gives disc read error. how odd.

Nizz

boomerisgod said:
Beaten by Eric WK but yeah, if you bought the game new there should be a code in the box I'm assuming.

samdavis

Neo Member
cdyhybrid said:
Aaaaaand I can't join a game again.

I finally got into one, and then got kicked out 10 minutes into it.

It seems like they probably should've anticipated EVERY SINGLE PERSON who buys this game trying to play online at some point. And they even had a beta to test things like this.

Dakota47

boomerisgod said:
But what if you're renting? I'm renting from blockbuster and there's no code. Does this game really come with only one code that can't be reused?

No multiplayer for you then.

KePoW

Banned
2San said:
For people playing the 360 version how is it compared to BF:BC2? Looking at vids it just looks full of jank. For now I'm happy I didn't pre-order.

Full of jank? Is that good or bad?

joshlee

JB1981 said:
Looks like I'm going to have to return my X360 copy. Game won't install :( .. disc read errors
Had the same problem. after i played the game for a couple hours I tried again and it installed without a hitch.

samdavis

Neo Member
boomerisgod said:
But what if you're renting? I'm renting from blockbuster and there's no code. Does this game really come with only one code that can't be reused?

According to the store rep that I called (I too rented it before realizing that I forgot to cancel my pre-order and found it sitting on my porch when I returned), they weren't shipped to Blockbuster with codes in them.

Could be BS, but I rented both FIFA 12 and Forza the day they released and they both had everything still inside. I can certainly see EA removing that code so that not even one person could use it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Umm... I just tried logging into Origin and am getting an "Account currently in use" error.

wat

Seanspeed

Banned
Seanspeed said:
I dont get it. I can fly a plane, but I cant shoot or do anythign whatsoever except crash or ditch. What the fuck? I've tried pressing every button, but nothing every happens. It gives me no fucking clues whatsoever. Fucking useless shit.
Really need help with this guys. I dont know what I'm doing at all. How the hell do I shoot?

Megasoum

Banned
How the fuck am I supposed to do the knife kill on the second floor in Night Shift?? I just die for no reason while still 4-5 feets away from the guy. If I try to go faster he hears me...I've tried at least 10 times and I just can't get it...

KePoW

Banned
boomerisgod said:

Then you're out of luck. That's the way all MP online games are going these days, you have to buy new.

Eric WK

Megasoum said:
How the fuck am I supposed to do the knife kill on the second floor in Night Shift?? I just die for no reason while still 4-5 feets away from the guy. If I try to go faster he hears me...I've tried at least 10 times and I just can't get it...

This took me forever to figure out.

Don't crouch. Walk up and around the time you see a prompt try to stab him.

JdFoX187

Banned
360 servers down...le sigh. Should have gone with the PC version. Damn my cheap ass friends and their refusal to buy decent computers.

Shadybiz

Liquidsnake said:
Does anyone have some basic tips for flying?

When dogfighting, make liberal use of "throttle down." When people get into a tussle in the air, they forget that hitting the brakes will allow you to turn faster. You'll usually come right up on the person's tail. Some are wise to this, but many are not.

And I have been flying in the third person view, but then when I get someone in front of me, I flip to cockpit. That'll allow a better view of the battlefield for regular flying, but then better precision aiming when you flip.

KePoW said:
Full of jank? Is that good or bad?

I was wondering the same thing.

Urban dictionary says the following:

jank
adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless; stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable quality

1.) All purpose noun; jank or jahnk can literally mean anything, yet means nothing on its own. The meaning of jank is understood and defined by the context in which it is used

Whatever that means

ACH1LL3US

JdFoX187 said:
360 servers down...le sigh. Should have gone with the PC version. Damn my cheap ass friends and their refusal to buy decent computers.

Same here bro.... Same here :/

I have a beast pc and no friends play pc, all are on the threefiddle

Seanspeed

Banned
Shadybiz said:
When dogfighting, make liberal use of "throttle down." When people get into a tussle in the air, they forget that hitting the brakes will allow you to turn faster. You'll usually come right up on the person's tail. Some are wise to this, but many are not.

And I have been flying in the third person view, but then when I get someone in front of me, I flip to cockpit. That'll allow a better view of the battlefield for regular flying, but then better precision aiming when you flip.
How do you shoot, though?!?!?!?!?!

I'm trying to fly and not a single thing I press allows me to shoot anything. WTF?

JB1981

Sucks that servers are down. It also sucks that you install this game and the disc seemingly never stops spinning.
*turns on ps3 .. sees all friends playing ... regrets not buying on ps3 for time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom