• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdavis

Neo Member
SapientWolf said:
AFAIK, Halo and CoD don't have dedicated servers on the consoles.

Forgot about that. EA want to do it their way with every game they publish on consoles and for some reason people always seem to have the worst experiences with their games online.

Violater

Nabs said:
http://www.abload.de/img/bf3bkr08.png /IMG][/QUOTE]

Are you sure you typed the info in correctly?

[spoiler] sorry man it was too easy to take a job at your tag, I feel your pain[/spoiler]

FINALBOSS

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:
Stay classy DICE!

Fucking ridiculous response, right?

And he's flat out lying because it has changed and it's changed for the worse. I'm most certainly not the only one to notice it...once more people start playing on PS3, they'll notice it too. It's got a VERY weird feeling to the aiming. Weird input lag/acceleration combination.

Badgerst3 said:
Ps3 players- does aiming feel jacked up for everyone?

Does sensitivity matter?

Need to decide which version to get?

Yep, aiming is ass on PS3.

tsigo

In Medal of Honor they lifted entire dialogue from the Generation Kill miniseries. People excused it as an homage. Then they do it again with the BF3 campaign. God damn.

georgc

Love the game but you know what is really starting to piss me off? The ridiculous number of people with rocket launchers. Holy fuck! In maps like bazaar it's nearly 50%. People are just lobbing rockets left and right it's so fucking annoying. I deploy as a support at a choke point and here is some ass with a rpg pop out shoots pops back in. Now I'm dead and I didn't even get a shot off. Run around a corner to get cover? Rpg splash damage kills you. Yeah I have flak equipped, it does shit.

Nizz

FINALBOSS said:
Fucking ridiculous response, right?

And he's flat out lying because it has changed and it's changed for the worse. I'm most certainly not the only one to notice it...once more people start playing on PS3, they'll notice it too. It's got a VERY weird feeling to the aiming. Weird input lag/acceleration combination.

Yep, aiming is ass on PS3.
Have you played Bad Company 2 on PS3? Does BF3 feel closer to that now? Man, hearing people's issues with the sensitivity/controls is bumming me out. I thought they nailed the controls/sens in the beta. They felt great. Lighter than Bad Company 2 but slightly similar.

tsigo

SapientWolf said:
Examples?

In Medal of Honor, "Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield. That was pretty fucking ninja." is verbatim.

So far in BF3, on Operation Guillatine, a convoy of humvees is driving off to their next mission, and the squad members are complaining about how they're volunteering themselves for an ambush (which is similar to a conversation in Generation Kill, but I don't think it's exact), and then their squad leader says "Frankly, gentlemen, I'm not hearing the aggressiveness I'd like" which is also verbatim.

I'm not through with the campaign yet, but I doubt that'll be the last.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Spending this 360 server bork time installing the game. I might even have to do the single player if this shit keeps up

ksimm

tarius1210 said:
I can't believe this. I install the game and I can't even play it. What the fuck man!!!!

I didn't get this game for the single player campaign.
Thanks for stealing my avatar, that's a custom made one and you squashed it all ugly...
The jet and tanks give it away as I put them in there.

njean777

Just reading and looking at all the problems of this launch really turn me off of this game, I already bought it but its making the wait for MW3 even longer. At least I have Gears 3

Shurs

I thought, while it's impossible to play multiplayer on 360, I'd take the time to get my Battlelog account set up.

Though my Origin username and password are correct I get this message: "Your account is not allowed to login," every time I try and connect.

Come on, man.

Vire

vaelic said:
wow wtf DICE
Way to treat your customers.

Fuck them.

Take a look at Epic games and how they handled responses to the Sawed Off Shotgun. Rod Fergusson was nothing but courteous and respectful to the fans.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if your using any type of surround sound/Astro MixAmp device, there is an option in the audio settings
called "Enhanced Stereo Mode" that needs to be set to no.

It recommends it to be off if you have a surround setup but its on by default.

Probably placebo but I think it made a difference in the clarity and position of sounds.

Haven't messed with it enough.

Absinthe

Wizman23 said:
I've never had a problem with a Halo or COD game on launch day

Online MP for Codblops was ridiculous for the first 24 hours, people would get booted, couldn't join games, server errors.

OldJadedGamer said:
Bullshit, my friends and I did 4 player co-op till 4am the day Halo launched with no problems.

Maybe CO-OP was a diff story, but the day Reach launched there were plenty of problems getting MP games where you would sit at "matchmaking" for long periods of time with nothing happening.

I'm not defending DICE, or EA btw, just pointing out that most big franchises have first day server problems.

Hari Seldon

Just got the game installed, can't join a server on the PC version. Is this a common problem right now? I didn't install the game in the default folder, I hope this didn't fuck anything up.

FINALBOSS

Banned
purple cobra said:
Have you played Bad Company 2 on PS3? Does BF3 feel closer to that now? Man, hearing people's issues with the sensitivity/controls is bumming me out. I thought they nailed the controls/sens in the beta. They felt great. Lighter than Bad Company 2 but slightly similar.

They feel almost like Resistance 3 (which was fucking LOLable). It's almost like a slightly better version of Killzone 2's original sluggish ass controls.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
tsigo said:
In Medal of Honor, "Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield. That was pretty fucking ninja." is verbatim.

So far in BF3, on Operation Guillatine, a convoy of humvees is driving off to their next mission, and the squad members are complaining about how they're volunteering themselves for an ambush (which is similar to a conversation in Generation Kill, but I don't think it's exact), and then their squad leader says "Frankly, gentlemen, I'm not hearing the aggressiveness I'd like" which is also verbatim.

I'm not through with the campaign yet, but I doubt that'll be the last.
I think it might be homage if it's verbatim. Those are pretty throwaway lines, in the grand scheme of things.

Nizz

Vire said:
Way to treat your customers.

Fuck them.
Yeah, they may be dealing with a big launch and people's problems but that's really no way to reply to someone.

You know that saying, if you can't take the heat...

Nizz

FINALBOSS said:
They feel almost like Resistance 3 (which was fucking LOLable). It's almost like a slightly better version of Killzone 2's original sluggish ass controls.
Ohh no... Ugh, then they did fuck the controls up...

MrBig

akmcbroom said:
Same thing happened to COD, and Halo on launch day.. No reason to think BF would be any different.
What? No. Halo is a P2P game and had no problems of the sort.

Was playing some SP since MP is borked, get stuck in a mission failed save loop because of some dumb QTE I missed by going out of bounds.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Seriously, you market the game as the biggest game of the year. At least use servers that'll handle your projected day 1 sales.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So uh....

is the intro to this single payer campaign supposed to restart 4 consecutive times (before the guy jumps off the bridge onto the train)? Because my game keeps doing that.

JB1981

JdFoX187 said:
It starts off really slow, but picks up from there. Nothing great, but certainly not a good representation from the first 20 minutes.
Ok will stick with it. The lighting is really harsh on 360 and fucked up 360 gamma curve crushes blacks

SapientWolf said:
AFAIK, Halo and CoD don't have dedicated servers on the consoles.

Bu, bu, bu, bu dedicated servers are so much better than P2P!!!

Shurs said:
I thought, while it's impossible to play multiplayer on 360, I'd take the time to get my Battlelog account set up.

Though my Origin username and password are correct I get this message: "Your account is not allowed to login," every time I try and connect.

Come on, man.

Been happening to me for over 7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom