• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heysoos

SephCast said:
Seriously, you market the game as the biggest game of the year. At least use servers that'll handle your projected day 1 sales.

You'd think right? It happened with their last 3 console releases. BC1, BC2, and 1943. I sort of figured it would happen with this one too, though I was hoping to be proven wrong. Hopefully this time around they're a lot faster fixing the problem though.

What the hell!!!

Are there people cheating already?

I just had a dog fight with a guy that had a plane way faster then mine (turning) and somehow he managed to do 50% damage with one hit with no lock warning...

For anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy, did the preorder bonus skin code come in the case or did they give you a card when you picked it up? I pre-ordered from BB and I can't find the code and have no optional skins in game.

Gritesh

What the fuck?

I installed the game, I tried to launch the campaign, it says I need to update, so I click that and nothing happens, it says waiting for me to finish the installation...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
OldJadedGamer said:
Bu, bu, bu, bu dedicated servers are so much better than P2P!!!
I don't think a 24 player game with huge maps and vehicles would work that well on P2P, let alone 32 and 64 like the PC.

The problem now is the fact that everyone is trying to play at the same time. It's basically a DDOS attack. The demand will be more equally distributed across different times when the launch mania dies down.

aznpxdd

Played the SP for a bit and got to the 2nd part of tehren. All I can say is holy shit at the graphics and presentation so far. The night levels are atmospheric as fuck, thanks to the great lighting. And the Jet level is just...orgasmic.

ShaneB

Never played a Battlefield before (wish I had at least checked out the beta...) but the hype is getting to me. Would love to pick this up, but hearing all the issues going on makes me realize it's best I just wait.

Heysoos

SapientWolf said:
The problem now is the fact that everyone is trying to play at the same time. It's basically a DDOS attack. The demand will be more equally distributed across different times when the launch mania dies down.

It should work right away though. They know they're going to get hit heavily during release, so why no properly prepare for it? You know, after happening to their last 3 console launches, you'd figure they would be ready.

By the way, I'm not disputing that server is better than P2P for this game.

iam220

OldJadedGamer said:
Is that why I couldn't play online?

*shrug* You not being able to play online has more to do with EA than it does with the dedicated servers themselves. Even if dedicated servers were responsible for those types of issues; they're only temporary. While playing with crappy ping via p2p is forever.

It should work right away though.

It really, really should ... but after all BF releases experiencing the exact same issues at launch time ... who's really surprised?

It_Hurts

Banned
Hari Seldon said:
Just got the game installed, can't join a server on the PC version. Is this a common problem right now? I didn't install the game in the default folder, I hope this didn't fuck anything up.

did you do the battlelog browser update?

SamuraiX-

So, everyone's having connectivity and crashing issues after DICE's half-assed attempt at a beta.

Shockandawe.

I really want to play this, but I'm glad there's so many other titles this Fall to keep my mind off of BF3 while they work out the kinks.

SapientWolf said:
I don't think a 24 player game with huge maps and vehicles would work that well on P2P, let alone 32 and 64 like the PC.

I put the blame on what is causing me to not play. I can't even play coop.

redhot_

Oh my god the jets... i cant kill shit with them! logged 55mins in a jet and 0 kills :(. i need some tips, it feels like the default chain gun or w/e does no damage. :/

Chittagong

Gold Member
Can't seem to find 360 impressions in this mega-thread, shortly, what's the verdict? Did they recover from the Beta disaster? Interested in MP only.

redhot_ said:
Oh my god the jets... i cant kill shit with them! logged 55mins in a jet and 0 kills :(. i need some tips, it feels like the default chain gun or w/e does no damage. :/

It does ALOT of damage. Half a burst can kill a plane if they all hit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Single player is fucking awesome (3 min in) so far. Explosions, QTEs, more explosions, cursing, OMG the guns feel great, so hyped to keep going

eznark

Banned
Is the game crashing after every single fucking match for anyone? As soon as the match ends and the screen with the smoke comes up, the game freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to force close.

kamspy said:
I can confirm that this is the game to really smack the 4GB system RAM limit. :(

I'm getting 3.90/4.00GB on my system RAM, and 1009/1024 on my vRAM.

Goddam devs weren't kidding about loving RAM. Worst thing is I'm still on a DDR2 board (AM2+) so I'd need a new mobo too. No point in buying more DDR2.

Wow, so glad I settled for 8GB. People were telling me I'm wasting money, but RAM is dirt cheap.

RS4-

woober said:
So how do you get a platoon's tag to show up next to your name in game? I'm in a platoon but doesn't show up in game.

Edit your profile in Battlelog.

Damn, I got some nice dogtags from knife kills but I can't use them because they're locked :(

D6AMIA6N

Digital-Hero said:
EA never learns. This is like BFBC2, AGAIN, I waited until after work today to play for the first time and can't do anything but SP.

Yep. Did all my shit I had to do so I could play MP for an hour or so. I can't even log in though? Not even a single match. I didn't buy the game for the shit SP. Fucking ridiculous, and I don't care what the excuse is.

EA has to realize Activision is watching all of this. How the launch is handled, the response from DICE to customer issues, etc. A shitty launch like this could mean one more player that holds out just for MW3.

redhot_

Metalmurphy said:
It does ALOT of damage. Half a burst can kill a plane if they all hit.

Probably my accuracy i guess, ugh but frustrating as hell... that shaky cockpit view is so tough to get used to.

Y2Kev said:
Single player is fucking awesome (3 min in) so far. Explosions, QTEs, more explosions, cursing, OMG the guns feel great, so hyped to keep going
Just wait until you find a nice cover spot and start laying waste to the few enemies on screen, only to be shoved out into the open by one of your allies with their unalterable pathing. Even better is when you're screamed at to move up and take the worst possible position while under heavy fire. Its awesome.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wow, some lines like the "ambush" line are straight out of Generation Kill.

Figures, since the box art soldier looks like the company commander for the main guys in Generation Kill.

Izayoi

Banned
Public service announcement:

Install the HD content pack before installing the discs themselves on the Xbox 360.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the single player. Loved the way it ended, too.

NullPointer said:
Just wait until you find a nice cover spot and start laying waste to the few enemies on screen, only to be shoved out into the open by one of your allies with their unalterable pathing. Even better is when you're screamed at to move up and take the worst possible position while under heavy fire. Its awesome.

Or how you keep seeing messages about watching your friendly fire..... after the AI walks in front of you while you are firing and just stops.

Heysoos

Izayoi said:

Install the HD content pack before installing the discs themselves on the Xbox 360.

Is there a reason for this?

Izayoi said:

Wait-how do you do that? I thought installing the game did that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom