• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Just got through 5 games on 360 before EA starting giving me problems.

The sound and visuals are great in this game.
The minimap is kind of crap.
I still suck quite a bit.
Where doe I get in my god damn jets???

MrBig

Got through a few games on 360. Hit detection is better, and there was no rubberbanding/lag on the servers I played.

Olivero said:
Oh, Back to Karkland expansion is also down.
That's not out for a while...

Violater

blahness said:
most typical Battlefield launch ever

Yup I would expect no less, and every time I say that I'm not buying another one yet here we are.
In true form it will be about 2-3 weeks before most of this is resolved

1stStrike

Banned
Been playing the single player a bit and - god damn at the
dog fight in the F-18

That shit was tight - well executed too.

Az

Just posted this same thing in the community forum.

But not really feeling this game yet, something is just off after playing BC2 for so long. And I do feel like the game is uglier, not sure. Hopefully it grows on me.

I'm done wasting my time with this beta on a disc.

cackhyena said:
Still waiting for the day an fps isn't shitting the bed with it's servers day one. Ridiculous.

Last FPS I played on launch day was Halo Reach and everything was fine.

Darkkn

I don't get why reviews have shat on co-op. Just played thru all of them and had a ton of fun. Especially awesome is the sniper mission in nighttime Paris, so gorgeous! Reminded me of SC Conviction with the story bits binding missions together.

Granted, i have not played COD equivalents of these missions, but BF3 co-op missions seemed like great ones to me!

joshlee

Snkfanatic said:
Loving the planes with a 360 controller on PC. Dogfights are so rewarding
I'm on 360. Just curious can you invert your right stick on the PC? this would seem to make the flying perfect. I cant seem to find an option on the console

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:

But not really feeling this game yet, something is just off after playing BC2 for so long. And I do feel like the game is uglier, not sure. Hopefully it grows on me.

Whaaat? No way. Are you playing it on a console? Cause it looks amazing on PC.

Izayoi said:
EA Master Server down on consoles. Finally got into a match and then I got disconnected.

Seriously glad I went PC this time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Looking for more 360 impressions. Got a semi-bad feeling about this game on consoles or some reason.

Loved BC2 though, assuming I'll enjoy this one as well. What say you 360GAF?

zlatko

Banned
Only main issue's I've run across is occasionally my screen flashes green for some reason.

Oh and d/cing from servers, but that's like once every 20 games or so.

My main issues is with maps being awful and some bullet issues. ; ;

Game is a mess. I didn't expect it to be flawless but I at least expected to be able to play. Even the beta was more stable than this despite the bugs.

paskowitz

Ps3 version is kinda fugly in mp. Sp looks a bit better. I only say this because even my non gaming centrist laptop ran the beta better at 30fps and it is by no means master race lvl.

zaidr

Shit, I wasn't paying attention before, but the preorder bonus is 4 free mp maps? crap. Any way I can get those now? I didn't preorder anywhere... :(

cackhyena

TheAzRim said:

You are out of your mind.

Ramirez

cackhyena said:
Still waiting for the day an fps isn't shitting the bed with it's servers day one. Ridiculous.

Every Halo game and unless my memory is fuzzy, the CoD games have ran flawlessly from launch, and I would imagine there's a ton more people playing those two franchises compared to this.

EA always has server issues, from Madden to BF, it's pathetic really.

Simo

I called it quits for the night. Hopefully tomorrow I can get in to more than a couple of games before the 360 servers take a shit.

jacobs34

Ramirez said:
Every Halo game and unless my memory is fuzzy, the CoD games have ran flawlessly from launch, and I would imagine there's a ton more people playing those two franchises compared to this.

EA always has server issues, from Madden to BF, it's pathetic really.

I remember it being a nightmare to get my whole party to be able to join a match in the last couple of COD's in the first week. Besides that, I've never had much issue with FPS launches.

HoTHiTTeR

zaidr said:
Shit, I wasn't paying attention before, but the preorder bonus is 4 free mp maps? crap. Any way I can get those now? I didn't preorder anywhere... :(

If you got the Limited Edition; it's part of the Online pass you redeemed.

Dabanton

Oh wow. For once i'm glad the US gets a game first. On the fence whether i should bother to get this on friday if MP is still messing up.

I thought BF3 was supposed to be EA's biggest game of the year. What happened to preparing for it properly?

Phatcorns

Am I playing this wrong? I'm on Operation Guillotine and we're right in front of the bank and I'm getting killed by the people in the windows in one shot. Is this supposed to be happening?

Ramirez

jacobs34 said:
I remember it being a nightmare to get my whole party to be able to join a match in the last couple of COD's in the first week. Besides that, I've never had much issue with FPS launches.

Yea, you're right, the parties were broken in Black Ops, but at least I could still play by myself I guess. =\

Ahahaha finally got it going for longer then 10 minutes and just as I begin to dominate it crashes.

Can we just give the Quality Assurance award to DICE now ?

joshlee

Does anyone know if its possible to invert the y axis of the jet on the 360, we can do it for the helicopter so I dont see why there isnt an option for the jets..

Ramirez said:
Yea, you're right, the parties were broken in Black Ops, but at least I could still play by myself I guess. =\

Yeah I was about to say that, couldn't get a party into a game of Black Ops for at least a week. MW2 definitely had some hiccups as well.

Halo games are the only AAA multiplayer games that I feel have basically issue-free online components at launch.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
360 version,

=

mqu2q.jpg

J-Rock

Banned
Outside of the the shitty EA server disconnects... I'm having a great time with the 360 version online. Already had some insane Battlefield moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom