• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

So any of you Battlefield pro's feel like dropping some tips on being a better pilot in jets? I'm sort of getting the hang of it, but shit's tough!

Man this game is UGLY on PS3. Like, a step back from BC2. And there are tons of little debris glitches and graphical hiccups. Talking strictly MP. Liking the game so far but this game seems like it was not ready for launch.

Revolutionary said:
Use symbolic links.

Basically, you copy your BF3 folder to the SSD, delete it from the Origin folder, then in cmd you type
Code:
mklink /d "H:\Origin\Games\Battlefield 3" "C:\Games\Battlefield 3"
Change the drive letters and folder names as necessary, of course.
and it'll create a symbolic link to the SSD from your other drive that Origin is on. Bam, BF3 SSD goodness.

Dammit... I uninstalled and am now having to re-download.

What a major pain in the rectum. I hate it how Origin gives you the option of keeping the downloaded installers on your HD, but then when you un-install a game it doesn't use those installers to install again, it just downloads the files again...

SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT. BLAH.

GodofWine

Bumblebeetuna said:
Man this game is UGLY on PS3. Like, a step back from BC2. And there are tons of little debris glitches and graphical hiccups. Talking strictly MP. Liking the game so far but this game seems like it was not ready for launch.

Agreed...as far as I can tell squad / chat / 'quick game' / invites are borked.

...ok...NOW my day one rant is over. (i think)

SeanR1221

The health doesn't seem dramatically different to me from the Beta, but I could be wrong.

When I look at my progression of unlocks, I seem to be able to only view the attacking side. How do I switch?

Emily Chu

Banned
Blackvette94 said:
Very true! If you install the game first it will keep asking to install the hd textures and it wont install them. The game looks alot better with the hd texture :0

I cant believe people said the game looks like poo, I think it looks ALOT better then bc2 on the 360.

Wish the servers were working :(

does this go for mp disc ?

I've installed the game first and then the HD content do I have to start over ?

Izayoi said:
See:

Put disc one in, DO NOT INSTALL IT, and then boot to the main menu. You will get a prompt asking to install it. Do so, and THEN install the disc itself.

If you don't, the game will not properly install the textures, even if it completes the installing prompt.

Damn-I installed it the normal way...I can delete that though right?

This is the first time I have read this thread all day. I have been playing BF3 as much as I could. The only real issue I have found is that "sever timeout" thing. Other than that everything is just great. No Battlelog issue, no Origin issues, nothing.

Cheech

Also, if you're running Crossfire, don't waste your time. Despite AMD posting an updated Crossfire profile specifically for this game, I get insane stuttering within 10 minutes of playing any map that never goes away. Also, flickering textures everywhere.

Combined with the remapping of the "Q" key not fully working, they can blow this game out their ass.

Well now I can connect to games on 360 but only for a few minutes. The server stability is garbage. The squad system is still broken too

Thank god DICE did a beta to help with server load :/

Kinda glad I went with 360 after hearing some of the PS3 complaints.

There's no control issues with the 360 version, but I sympathize with those that feel like Killzone controls have been implemented in the PS3 ver. That sounds horrible.

Ghost23

Played two quick games:
1. Kharg island on Conquest. I wasn't really playing with any friends, and it wasn't a full server, so honestly it was a little boring. I joined the server just to try out the jets. To my surprise, they are very difficult to handle, and is it just me, or is it impossible to kill things with the jet minigun? I need the missiles...

2. Grand Bazaar on rush. Now this map was amazing! My team was semi-working as a team, which made it a really good time. I think I'm going to stick with rush mode for a little bit.

DMeisterJ

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, who ever decided on the save points and check points for single player should be fired.

The hour and a half I had with the single-player today was depressing for that reason... Stupid checkpoints.

Dropped from server after about 10 minutes. Had trouble getting my friend to "squad join" a server. Finally both got on the same sever, he gets dropped after about 10 minutes and then I get dropped 5 minutes after that. What a shit storm.
Amazing, the amount of balls EA has to require an online pass and can't guarantee they will have the capacity to handle the demand.
Time to go to bed.

Just added this to the OT guys.

Me8Myself(from Battlelog Forum) said:
Things to check first:
1) Update your video drivers – Ati: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx [support.amd.com] Nividia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us [nvidia.com]
2) Update direct x - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113 [support.microsoft.com]
3) Update .net framework - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851 [microsoft.com]
4) Make sure your other drivers are up to date – Sorry can’t really supply links for this as everyone’s set up is different
5) Update battlefield 3 – in origin right click on the battlefield 3 image, choose “check for update”

Game wont launch:

Remove trademark: Credit - xD3S1x
1) Goto the folder where Origin installed BF3 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3™) (thats where mine was installed)
2) Rename the Battlefield 3™ folder to Battlefield 3 - (removing ™)
3) Start regedit , browse to the following key :
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games
Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3 - again removing ™

Set administrative: Credit - raze4
1) Go to C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3
2) Right click on bf3.exe> properties> compatibility> check “run this program as administrator”
3) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin or C:\Program Files \Origin
4) Right click on origin.exe> properties> compatibility> check “run this program as administrator”

Partial reinstall: Credit - o--Vantage--o
1) Go to Battlefield 3 folder and delete everything except the data folder and _installer.
2) In Origin right click on Battlefield 3 and choose repair install. When I did this the repair install scanned my game and took about 2 min to download stuff. Then after it was done it launched an update to BF3 that took 7 min to download.

Browser plugin issue: credit – lpjazzman220
1) Try using another browser such as Firefox, chrome or internet explorer. You will need to reinstall the game manager in your new browser

Remove beta client: Credit - Kasuyo
1) go to your control panel under windows, find “uninstall a program”
2) When it finishes loading it’s list look for “Battlefield 3 beta” and click remove
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Origin Games or C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games and delete the battlefield 3 beta folder

Repair install: Credit – me8myself
1) Open origin, go to your games tab and right click on the battlefield 3 image
2) Choose repair install and wait. Do not close the install window until it is completely done

Run campaign offline: Credit - BasiliskV
1) In origin click the gear> go offline
2) Click the play button on battlefield 3

Partial reinstall: Credit - o--Vantage--o
1) Go to Battlefield 3 folder and delete everything except the data folder and _installer.
2) In Origin right click on Battlefield 3 and choose repair install. When I did this the repair install scanned my game and took about 2 min to download stuff. Then after it was done it launched an update to BF3 that took 7 min to download.

Full reinstall: Credit – me8myself
1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games or C:\Program Files\Origin Games
2) Change the battlefield 3 folder name or if you are running low on room delete it entirely
3) Restart origin and reinstall your game (you might want to keep installer files just in case, do this by clicking the gear in origin>settings>check the box that says “keep game installers after games have been installed”)

Game launches but crashes(general fix):

Set to run on one core: credit – EA Tech support
1) Click ctrl+shift+esc task manager should start, if not try alt+ctrl+delete
2) Start battlefield 3
3) As soon as it start go to task manager >processes> right click on bf3.exe>set affinity> uncheck all but cpu 0

On-line fix:

Kicked by admin fix: Credit - Stevizo
1) First of you will need to download the latest punkbuster file here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php [evenbalance.com]

2) Look under PunkBuster (Battlefield 3) Player Client Files and download the Filename: “wc002279.htm” to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\pb\htm Overwrite the existing file even if it's the same size.

Start non punkbuster game: Credit - Sebby360
1) turn punkbuster off under your search, and join a non pb req server

In game fix:

Shuttering fix: Credit - dem0critus
1) Disable HPET and Hyperthreading in BIOS (HT Link Tristate and Cluster Multi-threading for AMD - HAVEN'T TESTED ON AMD, so I don't know if it will work the same)
2)Disable Threaded Optimization in NVidia settings
roll back drivers to 285.38 beta drivers (For nvidia users obviously, if you're on ATI after trying everything else, try removing cap3.)

Specific event log fixes:

atidxx32.dll -- Update your video drivers – Ati: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx [support.amd.com]

dx.dll -- Update direct x - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113 [support.microsoft.com]

bf3.exe -- Repair install

Bumblebeetuna said:

I mean I won't pretend to be a good judge when it comes to these things, but ugly? I've been playing the PS3 version and have more or less gawked at the visuals the entire time. It's not the PC version but it's still one of the best looking FPS titles I've played.

Cheech said:
Also, if you're running Crossfire, don't waste your time. Despite AMD posting an updated Crossfire profile specifically for this game, I get insane stuttering within 10 minutes of playing any map that never goes away. Also, flickering textures everywhere.

Combined with the remapping of the "Q" key not fully working, they can blow this game out their ass.

My whole setup revolves around Crossfire...

I've got a 6990 + 6950...

I'm like... Fucked.

outsida

Been playing on the one full non punkbuster server (Lock on caspian) for a few hours. Thank you Mr. Punkbuster for not allowing me to see the other maps.

Drewsky

FairXchange said:
Kinda glad I went with 360 after hearing some of the PS3 complaints.

There's no control issues with the 360 version, but I sympathize with those that feel like Killzone controls have been implemented in the PS3 ver. That sounds horrible.
What do you mean by Killzone controls? I definitely notice something weird about the PS3 controls.

tumblr_lhq595WF3f1qcut17o2_500.png

I'm pretty sure this game isn't finished.

Menelaus

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
Wow, I was just playing by myself tonight and had so much fun. I can't wait for a chance to play with some GAFfers!
Couldn't stay in an Xbox match to save my life. That's ok, considering how inferior the xbox version is to PC.

joshlee

360 servers down again? Ive unlocked the RDS for the SCAR 3 times now and still cant get it cause the servers keep crashing...

IMACOMPUTA

ColonialRaptor said:
Anybody know if it's possible to have Origin move the installation of a single game to another HD?

This is the shitty thing about having these programs like Steam and Origin just install the games wherever the f they feel like.

I want to have BF3 installed on my SSD but not all my other games from EA, but I never had a choice in the matter while it was downloading, and now the loading times are gigantic and frustrating.

Wait, people use Origin for more than BF3?

Olivero

Battlelog doesn't work.
Gunclub doesn't work.
Multiplayer doesn't work.
Beta was terrible.

This launch is a complete clusterfuck.

blahness

joshlee said:
360 servers down again? Ive unlocked the RDS for the SCAR 3 times now and still cant get it cause the servers keep crashing...

Same here. Having issues staying connected to servers. dumps me out to main menu.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
"Failed to connect to EA Online. Please try again later."

Great start.

Daigoro

Y2Kev said:
Single player is fucking awesome (3 min in) so far. Explosions, QTEs, more explosions, cursing, OMG the guns feel great, so hyped to keep going
Y2Kev said:
I'm not kidding. I want popcorn bullshit garbage. And this is SO much of that I am SQUEEE
Y2Kev said:
OMG this game has a pseudoliberal fighting with someone from, i dunno, kentucky or something OMG SQUEE this game is for MEEEE

"history is written by the motherfucking victors"

I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOU COULD FIT A MOTHERFUCKER IN THERE

OMG!!

my sarcasm detector just fucking imploded.

you are the guy who said he was canceling his pre-order right? (or am i mistaking you for someone else?)

so that was a joke (i assumed that it was), and this is real? because from the hour i played today, the BF3 campaign is well worse than the usual COD fare, which i actually play and get some twisted form of enjoyment out of.

so far the SP was tedious to the extreeeeeeme for me. like really bad. well worse than BC2. and these posts are hurting my brain.

not saying you arent allowed to enjoy the SP, im just confused.

joshlee

I hope they stay down till they are ready to come back up for real, the teasing is ludicrous. It's probably for the better though, i need sustenance.

Paches

Anyone having weird graphical glitches on PC with polygons flying around and garbling the screen up? This happens the worst on Caspian. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom