• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Dabanton said:
Oh wow. For once i'm glad the US gets a game first. On the fence whether i should bother to get this on friday if MP is still messing up.

I thought BF3 was supposed to be EA's biggest game of the year. What happened to preparing for it properly?
Every Battlefield has had issues at launch. This is nothing new.

LProtag

Is there something really wrong with the PS3 aiming compared to the other versions or is it just something that feels different?

I'm thinking about getting the game but the PS3 is the only system I have and my laptop can't run it.

Eric WK

InsertNameHere said:
Is there something really wrong with the PS3 aiming compared to the other versions or is it just something that feels different?

I'm thinking about getting the game but the PS3 is the only system I have and my laptop can't run it.

If there's really an issue, I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.

jokkir

Conquest on Operation Metro is ridiculous. It's a choke hold battle at the ticket booth place and gets extremely hectic.

Kinda lame as a conquest though.

samdavis

Neo Member
On the 360, why do they show me all of the different squad callsigns but not allow me to just pick one to be a part of? I see one squad with 4/4, two squads with 2/4, and the game is telling me that it's "finding a squad for me"...AND IT NEVER DOES.

Why are you showing me the different squads that I can join, not allowing me to join them when I press A, and then taking an eternity to place me in an actual open squad. What the hell is the game doing at that moment?

Combine that with PC matchmaking taking place ONLY in the browser and it's like EA/DICE don't want us to play their game. Why would you make it so difficult? It's not even that the system has its merits and I simply don't agree with it. It's simply terrible in every possible way.

Nekrono said:
Same here, my friend has a slightly "worst" computer than me and we're using the exact same settings and resolution, not only is he loading faster but he's also getting around 5-10 frames more than me.

He's got a:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.8Ghz
6GB RAM
AMD HD 6870 @stock

Me:
2500k @stock
4GB RAM
AMD HD 6950 @stock

What the hell, it shouldn't be like that, I want the same/better performance that he's getting :(

Chill bro! That's what patches are for! lol

Anyway...

nelson20gentq3.gif

Menelaus said:
Couldn't stay in an Xbox match to save my life. That's ok, considering how inferior the xbox version is to PC.

Same, trying Caspian Border again. It was fun until the server dumps me to the main menu after a so called "connection lost".

Digital-Hero said:
Same, trying Caspian Border again. It was fun until the server dumps me to the main menu after a so called "connection lost".

So called indeed.

It's a conspiracy it is! DICE sold you the game only to have an army of people at their end, pressing big red buttons to "disconnect" people.

Keep fighting the good fight, brother...

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Violater said:
Is the VOIP working with your squad.
Do you have a PS3 7.1 headset by chance?
Nah, VOIP wasn't working properly. Also, the audio dropped out a couple times, albeit briefly.

1stStrike

Banned
paskowitz said:
Ps3 version is kinda fugly in mp. Sp looks a bit better. I only say this because even my non gaming centrist laptop ran the beta better at 30fps and it is by no means master race lvl.

Uhh the beta didn't even have all the graphic options available. I've played it on PS3, and even the beta blew away the PS3 version graphically. The final version is far, far better looking on PC then PS3/360 - it's a gorgeous game and when shit comes apart it does so beautifully.

bigdaddygamebot said:
So called indeed.

It's a conspiracy it is! DICE sold you the game only to have an army of people at their end, pressing big red buttons to "disconnect" people.

Keep fighting the good fight, brother...

Ha Ha

Who said anything about DICE? The servers are EA.

arab

if you're having ps3 issues with lag in control, try changing your tv's settings. i got the lag when playing on a plasma but i switched to lcd and it worked fine. put game mode on!

I played the ps3 version online for several hours today/tonight. After the beta I was expecting shit... but I had an absolute blast. This game is soooooo fun. I'm terrible at it, but it's fantastic.

Mikey Jr. said:
I gotta ask, does the game feel ok on these big maps with just 24 people? Console version.

It feels a little sparse at times but it works. I just done playing a Caspian conquest game but the servers are not stable right now so you'll get kicked often.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm sure it's much more fun with 24 players. 64 is a clusterfuck.
seriously, 24 player Conquest on Metro was so much fun when i played it earlier. i was shocked!

i also looked at a video of 64 players on youtube and it was absolute madness.

Orlandu84

I had a really hard time connecting to a pc server until I did two things:
1. Configured the server filter for my continent only (North America).
2. Used the "Quick Match" feature.

Then it worked like a charm! I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but I hope that it does.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Playing the campaign due to the server issues on 360 and am really enjoying it so far. The whole thing has been worth it if just for the
jet
level. That was seriously one of the coolest things I have played in a game.

Nizz

Has there been any official word from DICE about people having issues with the PS3 controls? (besides that tweet).

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Gonna take me a while to get used to this gameplay, but I like the visceralness of it.

Also gonna take a while to get my eyes used to seeing shit on my tiny TV. Done for the night before I get a headache.

Emily Chu

Banned
I remember it took BC2 almost a year of patches and driver updates to get it just right...

oh well it'll get better as time goes on.

redhot_

Ohh yes! lets give snipers respawn thingys... just finished a match where half the enemy team was spawning behind me hiding and sniping... ugh i hope this game isn't going in that direction.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Sorry, but whoever said that CQC in Battlefield 3 is subpar is a fucking moron. It has some of the most satisfying gunplay I've experienced in any shooter EVER. Each gun has such a satisfying kick, and coupled with the AMAZING sound, you really feel like you're dealing tons of damage with each shot.

Also, I really must commend DICE on the movement and controls. Unlike Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 actually makes me feel like a highly elite, agile soldier. The transitions between running, leaping over obstacles, diving into cover, etc. are so smooth and so responsive (for the most part).

I didn't think that Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing would be some of my favorite maps, but the infantry gameplay is so fucking tight.

F U EA and your crappy software.

This is the third time I'm downloading BF3 now. First time got to 60% then got an error and it reset to 0%. Second time got to 90% and reset again! I have the latest client so that's not the problem.

This also happened when I downloaded other games too! This is the last time I buy a digital copy of any of EA's games if they are going to force using this abomination of a client to download them.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Playing the campaign due to the server issues on 360 and am really enjoying it so far. The whole thing has been worth it if just for the
jet
level. That was seriously one of the coolest things I have played in a game.

Same here. The enemy AI is pretty good. I'm not a fan of the friendly AI though. Whomever at DICE thought it was a good idea to penalize the player for friendly fire and then allow the friendly AI to constantly path into your line of fire..smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom