• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Izayoi said:
Make Recon exciting in four easy steps:

1.) Choose semi-auto rifle.
2.) Remove scope.
3.) Equip Spawn Beacon.
4.) Holy fuck I am ruining everything.

I played assault recon in BC2 with the NS2000 and slugs, I'm trying to do the same in BF3 but it's bloody hard. 870MCS and 12g slugs seem to work fine with no scope. The T-Aug actually works compared to beta, It's not throwing motion balls but it's close enough. The lack of C4 means i can't charge tanks and run off feeling awesome while shotgunning those who tried to escape in the face.

Enosh

I hate EU release dates, why the fuck can't they in 2011 release the game world wide on the same day, ship it two weeks before (like you are doing anyway) and tell them to put it on the shelves on X date, not X date there Y date in the EU and Z date in Japan, but X everywhere -.-
oh well, one more day...

Daigoro

GraveRobberX said:
Also I have died certain times, and the Dog Tag says Bad Luck! (not suicide), I have no clue why that happens, think happened to me 3+ times already, very random

yeah, what the hell is that? had that happen to me yesterday as well.

Mush said:
My god, the SP is so devoid of fun.

I'm literally forcing my way through it before I touch MP, and it sucks. :(

yes its dreadful.

Izayoi

Banned
Battlelog seems to be tracking my games just fine, but for some reason my Xbox soldier doesn't show up in my profile.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

evlcookie said:
I played assault recon in BC2 with the NS2000 and slugs, I'm trying to do the same in BF3 but it's bloody hard. 870MCS and 12g slugs seem to work fine with no scope. The T-Aug actually works compared to beta, It's not throwing motion balls but it's close enough. The lack of C4 means i can't charge tanks and run off feeling awesome while shotgunning those who tried to escape in the face.
That's true, but I feel that the Spawn Beacon is the single most powerful piece of equipment in the game. If used properly it can turn the tide of a match. I think that more than makes up for the lack of C4.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
That reminds me. I haven't played a single round on Firestorm yet lol

Caspian my favourite so far.

You should make a point of it, Operation Firestorm is the best map of the game, IMHO. Tehran comes a close second but only if you manage to get on a server where it isn't a laggy mess.

Daigoro said:
yeah, what the hell is that? had that happen to me yesterday as well.

Bad luck is usually environmental damage. Stand in the middle of a fire you'll get a bad luck death. Fall damage kill, bad luck, etc.

spk

evlcookie said:
This seems to be it's purpose, which is lame. The recon class is fucking dull in BF3 compared to say BC2. There's no C4 and no binoculars to blow shit up, which i thought the soflam was going to be.

It's almost like dice want you to sit back in base and just point shit out for other people to shoot. The soflam is good for pointing stuff out, so is the mav and you can get that too!

It totally feels like the role of the recon is to put shit on the ground and sit in bushes. Which i guess makes him "recon" but good god is it boring.

recon annoyances that come to mind

1. Very rarely do other people use mobile spawn points/it gets destroyed too easily

2. The motion sensor isn't nearly as useful or usable as the sensor balls from BC2 and gets destroyed too quickly

3. I can spot large groups of enemies with the MAV in an instant, but 3D spotting really limits how effective it is. Any points I get from assists are meager compared to killing things myself.

4. It takes too long to set up the SOFLAM. Almost nobody takes advantage of painted targets.

5. The MAV and SOFLAM rarely automate like they're supposed to once you set them down

Moaradin

I love all the maps in the game other than Operation Metro. It really is the worst map in the game. Haven't played it once since beta.

Daigoro

Woo-Fu said:
Bad luck is usually environmental damage. Stand in the middle of a fire you'll get a bad luck death. Fall damage kill, bad luck, etc.

hm. it seemed to happen randomly to me. maybe a wall fell on me or something.

Arcipello

Moaradin said:
I love all the maps in the game other than Operation Metro. It really is the worst map in the game. Haven't played it once since beta.

played it last night on a 64 player conquest server... utter mess!

mxgt

Banned
Map opinions:

Good:
- Caspian
- Canals
- Kharg Island
- Grand Bazaar
- Tehran Highway

Eh, it's okay I guess:
- Damavand Peak
- Operation Firestorm

Bad:
- Seine Crossing

Kill it with fire:
- Metro

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They really need to add penalties to vehicle destroying or something

I mean dude gets in chopper, goes maybe 50 meters forward, bails out, parachutes onto a building and destroys the helicopter....

It's not a fucking free ride taxi, *ASSHOLE*

So stupid, then you have to wait for respawn... while your team is losing tickets left and right

Sometimes vehicles can be used as scape goats, so infantry can move forward, yet as usual that doofus gameplay shows it's ugly head

Feindflug

Yoshichan said:
All right, quick answer would be appreciated! I'm going to midnight launch, is the PS3-version solid? Any major differences between 360/PS3?

I haven't played the PS3 version yet but the 360 while looking good has lots of tearing (at least on the SP) which I found really distracting...just wait for the DF article and then you decide which version to get.

Also if anyone's interested the game does not support system link for the co-op missions - Fuck you Dice!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
mxgt said:
Map opinions:

Good:
- Damavand Peak
- Canals
- Kharg Island
- Grand Bazaar

Eh, it's okay I guess:
- Operation Firestorm
- Metro

Bad:
- Seine Crossing
- Caspian

Kill it with fire:
- Tehran Highway

Fixed (Console)

GodofWine

Ok, tried a little more last night....

(PS3)

The controls just needed to be slowed down, 2 clicks down on sensitivity, and it felt so much better.

Voice chat / squad system still funky, imagine they are well aware of it. This is my biggest concern

Menus still seem wonky...but that might be cause they are 'new'.

edit - glad to see two "system maintenance" alerts in the last 8 hours, means they are fixing something...

noise36

rocking 1920x1200 on high with an ole SLI 280GTX setup.

the sound, the graphics, the epic maps... best FPS I have ever played!!!

red731

DMeisterJ said:
I wish I could skip class and stay home and play this today... it's so amazing.

Don't tease me man, I can't afford to get home early from work today!
Two more hours and I will be online!

Haha, they've picked such a great time for the maintenance :D:D

mxgt

Banned
Yeah I got booted from my server with a log in error message

Does that mean I lose the stats I gained from the round I was playing?

zlatko

Banned
Finally got to fly a jet! The first time I crashed it, the second time I got shot down by another jet within 15 seconds, but now on my third go I got to fly around. I was shooting at other jets and helicopters, and even tried to scare off the peasants on the ground.

; ; Too bad it's such a rarity to get in one.

Enco

Enosh said:
I hate EU release dates, why the fuck can't they in 2011 release the game world wide on the same day, ship it two weeks before (like you are doing anyway) and tell them to put it on the shelves on X date, not X date there Y date in the EU and Z date in Japan, but X everywhere -.-
oh well, one more day...

UK gets it 28th for some reason

Gui_PT

My main problem with the release date is that when I get the game, 80% of the players will have a huge advantage in terms of weapons and equipment.

These games should have 1 worldwide launch date

Orgun

Reading this thread at work while knowing that my copy is sitting by my front door...just waiting for me - it's torture man! Straight torture!

zlatko said:
Finally got to fly a jet! The first time I crashed it, the second time I got shot down by another jet within 15 seconds, but now on my third go I got to fly around. I was shooting at other jets and helicopters, and even tried to scare off the peasants on the ground.

; ; Too bad it's such a rarity to get in one.

An all-planes map like in 1943 would be nice to get some practice..

ElyrionX said:
Some of the weapon unlocks are unreal. 270 kills to unlock a scope for ONE weapon? This isn't goddamn Call of Duty. It's going to take forever to unlock some of those stuff.

Try some team deathmatch, its fast paced and fun. It is somewhat reminiscent of the COD playstyle, but I like it better.

This game kicks ass. Fix grenades, they suck ass.

mr.rager

I'm really loving Kharg Island, such an awesome map. At first I hated Grand Bazaar but it's growing on me. The Alleyway is such a cluster**** that it's so awesome as an Assault.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's wrong with the singleplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom