• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

BF3 owners, I have a question.

Can you change cammo without having to leave a game?

For example, I play on a desert map with appropriate cammo. Next game is in a urban scenario, is it possible to change the cammo without having to go back to the main menu?

derFeef

Gui_PT said:
BF3 owners, I have a question.

Can you change cammo without having to leave a game?

For example, I play on a desert map with appropriate cammo. Next game is in a urban scenario, is it possible to change the cammo without having to go back to the main menu?
Yes you can change it in your loadout.

Longshot

Just got the game.

How the hell do I install the game from the DVD without Origin trying to bloody download it?

Good lord, what the hell, EA?

Snookie

ashbash159 said:
Don't know wether to get this game or not, yet.

How well does it run on a 5770?

Runs fine for me on high settings. I'm running 1920x1200. i just let bf3 autoconfig my settings. however, my 5770 is in a Mac Pro with xeons so i'm not sure if the cpu is hurting me or helping. Anyways, i'm happy with it.

Zeppelin

ashbash159 said:
Don't know wether to get this game or not, yet.

How well does it run on a 5770?

The beta ran pretty well on my 5750 (i920 and 6 GB DDR3). I didn't tinker around with any of the settings and since I was pretty sure I wouldn't hit 60 I never bothered to investigate the frame rate in depth. But I'd say it was playable enough. At least enough for me to consider buying for my PC instead of my 360.

Gritesh

Sigma Storm said:
Just got the game.

How the hell do I install the game from the DVD without Origin trying to bloody download it?

Good lord, what the hell, EA?

It seems like it downloads it, but it was really reading from the DVD for me, it stopped around 50% with no prompt to change discs but when I did and started the "download" again it finished.

Only took about 5 minutes to install.

Yoshichan said:
What's wrong with the singleplayer?

Forgettable like most MP focused shooters nowadays. Easily beatable in one sitting.

For a Battlefield game, it always feels like a waste of resources that could have went into more work in the MP. The MP at least is solid... outside of Metro... fuck that map

MNC said:
Shame damavand peak conquest isn't awesome; what about damavand rush?

Demavand isn't that bad on a smaller 32-40 man server. Once you get to 64 though it gets to be pretty awful - which is kind of my feeling for most 64-player maps.

I think 48 player might be the sweet spot for most maps.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know What would be cool in the game? If you dropped bombs on people and then did jäger bombs

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Played both PC and PS3 last night. Relatively lag free and damn near perfect entertainment. Best launch DICE has ever done. Now, all I have to do is get work and class done in the next 14 hours, and I can play again...

Longshot

Gritesh said:
It seems like it downloads it, but it was really reading from the DVD for me, it stopped around 50% with no prompt to change discs but when I did and started the "download" again it finished.

Only took about 5 minutes to install.
Just unplugged my internet and plugged it back in, now it's installing from the DVD. Bloody stupid idea.

Arnie

Rimfya said:
What the hell happened to destructible environments?
They're still there, they just work differently to the Bad Company games, for obvious reasons. Imagine the level of destruction in Arica Harbour, in a map like Grand Bazaar. It just wouldn't work. That level of destruction doesn't work in an entirely urban setting.

Cudder

I forgot which map I was playing last night (ps3 version) but there were a lot of buildings outside, and when in any of the interiors looking outside via window or huge door, a blanket of whiteness just blasts the screen and you can't see shit outside of the building until you actually step OUTSIDE of it. Like even if you walk up to a window and peer out, your screen is still bloomed the fuck out with whiteness until you cross the threshhold of the building and step outside..so dumb and weird.

Also I'm guessing there is no straight up free for all in here? Tried squad deathmatch but its still pretty much team deathmatch.

GodofWine

Feel like we need a seperate console and PC thread..hard to tell whose talking about which sometimes...anyway

On console (ps3 here), is anyone having trouble joining games with pre-formed squads? keeps splitting us up. or the server list showing all games are either full or empty...assuming they will work on the matchmaking some more, since it worked in BFBC2 just fine, its not like they don't know how to do this.

Also, voice chat, a little weird at the moment for anyone? almost feels like a one way chat, by that I mean, there was a moron blasting his radio and it took over the chat, like it flooded the channel, and me and my buddy could only talk between songs basically.

StuBurns

Banned
goodfella said:
Yeah, I agree, BC2's campaign is much better. I think I even preferred MOH's campaign.
I didn't play MoH. I did play BF3 on 360, maybe it's different on PC, if I get it, I'll buy it on PC, but I don't care about the multiplayer, and the first hour or so of the campaign is ass, so hopefully the co-op is awesome.

Darklord

Banned
So you can't join a game while it's changing maps or when it's full and queue up? That's pretty weak. And you can't even change settings without joining? wtf.

Dyno

When GAF opinions are taken as a whole there is a high level of criticism to contend with. It is capable of causing doubt when there should be none.

Got the PS3 version and had five guys in the room with a 60' TV and the surround sound way up. All of us were pretty blown away from the single player.

Graphics, lighting and especially sound are awesome. The sound is unlike anything I've experienced and it really puts you in the scene. I like the clean mission style. Even though it's a bit sterile there are many 'oh wow' moments. This is of course reminiscent of COD SP but Frostbite 2 outpaces in every aspect. This is the kind of game COD should be making at this point but their technology won't allow them.

It's unfortunate that all of the videos we've seen of this game are the first couple hours of the campaign. I think they showed us too much but it was those videos that created the insane hype for this game. They didn't whole back and perhaps showed too much. Maybe that's why people aren't too impressed because they've seen it already.

Looking forward to the MP. My circle of friends still play BC2 and Vietnam so I'm sure this will be the new gold standard.

StuBurns said:
I didn't play MoH. I did play BF3 on 360, maybe it's different on PC, if I get it, I'll buy it on PC, but I don't care about the multiplayer, and the first hour or so of the campaign is ass, so hopefully the co-op is awesome.

Your playing BF3 without caring about MP?

StuBurns said:
First hour is awful.

After that it becomes a good Call of Duty lite game. How much you like it will depend on how much you like COD. I like it a lot, so I found it good fun.

GodofWine said:
Feel like we need a seperate console and PC thread..hard to tell whose talking about which sometimes...anyway

On console (ps3 here), is anyone having trouble joining games with pre-formed squads? keeps splitting us up. or the server list showing all games are either full or empty...assuming they will work on the matchmaking some more, since it worked in BFBC2 just fine, its not like they don't know how to do this.

Also, voice chat, a little weird at the moment for anyone? almost feels like a one way chat, by that I mean, there was a moron blasting his radio and it took over the chat, like it flooded the channel, and me and my buddy could only talk between songs basically.
Yeah, squads aren't working at all, and neither is chat. My friends and I would try for 1/2 hour to try to get into a game together. We couldn't hear each other all night, or would hear every 4th word. So frustrating.

I just want to express how sad I am that they did not improve things for larger groups in this version. I was hoping to at least be able to combine multiple squads at least visually so as not to break things bonus points wise. Last night we were rolling with an Xbox Live party of eight people all on the same team and it would have been nice to have a better visual cue of where the other members were outside of my squad of 4.

Even without this though having a group that big was awesome coordination wise and it is always the best part of a new Battlefield game coming out before most people get bored of it after a few weeks. It is a shame that the first night was ruined with so many connection issues though because we really did not get to play that much. Also I got disconnected twice near the end of matches where I had around 5,000 points so not getting credit for those kind of sucked.

Now to explain to my wife how playing all last night did not really count and I want a do-over tonight where I hopefully do not just spend a bunch of time staring at the main menu.

zlatko

Banned
StuBurns said:

You're wasting money on this game if your intent isn't MP. The Co-op isn't something to keep coming back to like Horde co-op is in Gears 3 for example, and the SP is 5 hours even on Hard.

You may want to wait for a steam sale 2 years from now when it's dirt cheap, or else just rent it on consoles.

StuBurns

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Your playing BF3 without caring about MP?
Co-op is multiplayer. But I'm not exactly playing it, I just played some at a friend's house, I haven't bought it yet. I'll do a little more research about the co-op first. But no, I don't care about the competitive multiplayer.

Liberty4all

Banned
Originally Posted by elohel:
anyone here have a 560TI card? just curious how well it runs the game

hiverbon said:
I ran SP at a mixture of high/ultra at 40-50 fps, MP at mostly high at 60fps

I'm pretty much the same multiplayer wise. MP runs mostly between 55 - 60 with the occasional dip to high 40's, with everything set to high. This is on an i5 2500k with 8 gigs of ram and the video card itself clocked at 880 mhz

I haven't really played around with custom settings yet, I'll likely experiment to see what I can bump up in multiplayer.

Cudder

I haven't started SP yet but I have a feeling I'm gonna like it despite the high hate for it here. My standards aren't incredibly high for this kinda games SP. I usually replay single player campaigns 3 times or so.

I even loved MOH single player and that got some significant hate here too. Well see.

StuBurns said:
Co-op is multiplayer. But I'm not exactly playing it, I just played some at a friend's house, I haven't bought it yet. I'll do a little more research about the co-op first. But no, I don't care about the competitive multiplayer.
Don't buy it if you're only going to do co-op and SP.

Seriously.

StuBurns said:

Battlefield games are pretty much all about the MP. The coop mode is not a major feature of the game, just a little extra mode tossed in. Waste of money if you have no interest in the real MP portion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom