• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
canadian crowe said:
Campaign presentation is top notch. Graphics are amazing. Some of the best lighting I've seen on consoles. I'm only on the third mission, but the story seems fairly compelling.

That being said, the game is too damn hard. I'm playing on normal, and I'm dying so much.

This is mostly the fault of the AI, they literally only shoot you.

Absinthe

ElyrionX said:
Seine Crossing, Metro, Damavand and to a lesser extent, Tehran, are all just not fun to play on.

I can't wait till the Karkand pack arrives and we get Wake Island.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell DICE is thinking when they designed Metro and Damavand.

WOW, I actually love Seine Crossing, and Tehran.

I'm on console though, limited to 24 players in CQ, have had some great firefights in Bazaar as well.

With 64 players on these small infantry focused maps it must be hell.

Definity

Does the 360 controller still work when you fly/drive vehicles on PC? I remember in the beta it seemed to work OK but the sensitivity was really touchy in some vehicle turrets.

desu

canadian crowe said:
Campaign presentation is top notch. Graphics are amazing. Some of the best lighting I've seen on consoles. I'm only on the third mission, but the story seems fairly compelling.

That being said, the game is too damn hard. I'm playing on normal, and I'm dying so much.

Is the difficulty different on console? I was amazed on how easy the game was on normal.

alphaNoid

Banned
GAF all I want to do is play this game when I get home. But, as awesome as my gamer wife is ... she doesn't understand this need, this longing for a 5 hour play session
KuGsj.gif

I think I am going to hand her some cash and tell her to go shopping for a few hours. I'm so cheap but this sounds like a fantastic idea.
3AQmK.gif

soulassssns said:
How do you get those custom dog tags?
Pre-order bonus

alphaNoid said:
GAF all I want to do is play this game when I get home. But, as awesome as my gamer wife is ... she doesn't understand his need, this longing for a 5 hour play session
KuGsj.gif

I think I am going to hand her some cash and tell her to go shopping for a few hours. I'm so cheap but this sounds like a fantastic idea.
3AQmK.gif

Pre-order bonus

She's going to spend it on hookers and blow.

The campaign has a bunch of cheap deaths, and mostly comes from if your not following the NPC you are supposed to be close to. Various scripted moments trigger that will instant kill you if you are not right next to your companion npc. You will in such cases have no warning either, you just end up dead.

Tadale said:
I tried to play my 360 copy yesterday evening, and literally did not finish a single round due to server crashes/disconnects. Have they been more stable today? I repeatedly lost all my unlock progress thanks to the server issues – it's been a real pain.

Yes i was in the same boat as you yesterday. But yes there much better today just got done with a 3hr rush session! This game is amazing but I feel it also represents the perfect example of why we need the next consoles to release ASAP!

alphaNoid said:
GAF all I want to do is play this game when I get home. But, as awesome as my gamer wife is ... she doesn't understand this need, this longing for a 5 hour play session
KuGsj.gif

3AQmK.gif

Pre-order bonus

There is no other tags like those in game to unlock?

desu said:
Is the difficulty different on console? I was amazed on how easy the game was on normal.
Maybe I just suck, or I'm playing the game like COD, but i feel like they ate seeing me before I get a chance to see them.

I am enjoying it more than BC2 and Medal of Honor though. It's not as bad as the reviews say. It's wort playing for the graphics alone.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So how do I access the physical warfare pack? I got the game pre-order gifted to me. I haven't gotten any mail or anything to the mail account that my origin account is linked to. Any ideas?

alphaNoid

Banned
soulassssns said:
There is no other tags like those in game to unlock?
I believe there are some, if you check the Stats>Dog Tags section on Battlelog you can see there is a massive list of dog tags. I've only unlocked a few MP level ones and the Amazone pre order ones.

gibon3z said:
guyswait.gif

Found this on Reddit.

On the "Conrades" level in the parking garage right before you go down to "level B" the 2 russian AIs ran to the right through the barrier to the level below when I played. Lol

Still no luck killing the weird AMD hiccups. Rolled back to the drivers from the beta, didn't help. Disabling cloud sync and such made no difference. Going down to high textures from ultra didn't help. Agh.

It's much more prominent on big maps. Hardly ever happens on something like Metro.

Smokey

Definity said:
Does the 360 controller still work when you fly/drive vehicles on PC? I remember in the beta it seemed to work OK but the sensitivity was really touchy in some vehicle turrets.

this

Liquid Helium said:
What are peoples favourite maps for each game mode?

Haven't really played much of Rush yet, but Damavand is damned fun. For CQ, my favs are either Kharg or Firestorm. So damned good. Caspian is always fun, too.

Liberty4all

Banned
Yuripaw said:
I've been considering picking up this game, but I can't quite make up my mind in terms of what platform. I got all 3, and I'm not really sure if there is any difference between the XBOX 360 version, and the PS3 versions. Other than the fact that PS3 owners got shafted on the BF1943 inclusion. I don't really care, cuz I already have that game.

I am considering the PC version, because I had heard prior to it's release that it ran really solid on even moderate PCs (like mine). I usually don't like getting games that don't have steamworks support, and I hate having to use Origin, but if it runs the best out of the 3 platforms, it still might be worth getting for the PC. Just to give an idea of what kind of PC I'm using, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8GHZ, 4GB ram, AMD/ATI HD5770 gpu with 1gb.

Considering my specs, and how it's been performing on all 3 platforms, any suggestion on which one I should go with?

You can run Origin on Steam ---> http://i.imgur.com/RL3gp.png

MrBig

gibon3z said:
guyswait.gif

Found this on Reddit.
Same exact glitch happened to me :lol

My campaign got saved in an area outside the mission zone and gets me stuck in a mission failed loop. I don't know if I even want to go back to restart the level and finish the game.

Have 360 server problems been resolved today?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
kitch9 said:
Its frustrating as hell if you've nothing unlocked in the jets and you decide to have a go.

There's always one ace mother fucker with everything unlocked who gets a lock on within seconds of you taking off AND THERE'S FUCK ALL YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT....

Why are flares an unlock? Its ridiculous.
Well, there is something you can do about it. It's called out-maneuvering the missile. Yeah, it's hard and because of it I've gotten all of 88/300 points in my jets section for flares, but I can maneuver like a motherfucker. Playing Sky Crawlers for the Wii has taught me well with roll turning. Having a proper joystick (as old and low featured as it is) doesn't hurt either. I'm gonna make it a goal today to get my flares though. Firestorm rush is a good place to start with only two jets and heavier, tougher attack aircraft.

doomed1 said:
Well, there is something you can do about it. It's called out-maneuvering the missile. Yeah, it's hard and because of it I've gotten all of 88/300 points in my jets section for flares, but I can maneuver like a motherfucker. Playing Sky Crawlers for the Wii has taught me well with roll turning. Having a proper joystick (as old and low featured as it is) doesn't hurt either. I'm gonna make it a goal today to get my flares though. Firestorm rush is a good place to start with only two jets and heavier, tougher attack aircraft.

Can you explained these superman techniques? Because I suck at flying BUT I WANT TO BE GOOD.

Trickster

This game can be really fun, but also really fucking broken.

Just had a game where I was on the team that got spawn camped in our original spawning position, the score was something like 287 to 130 by the time I left.

The fuck were dice thinking not having a team autobalance feature.

Noaloha

That 'follow' gif might just be the most gloriously emergent piece of random comedy I'll see this millenium.

EDIT: ha, the filename is 'guyswait.gif'.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
gibon3z said:
guyswait.gif

Found this on Reddit.

There is a part where you are in a garage and the doors behind you slam closed and there is a small room off to the side with a door in it, I was standing by that door and an enemy ran through the solid door and knifed me.

Scared the shit out of me because I heard the footsteps and was waiting for the door to open but he just popped through and killed me.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Mr. Snrub said:
Can you explained these superman techniques? Because I suck at flying BUT I WANT TO BE GOOD.
In the fighter jets, as soon as you get locked on, hit the afterburners and bank. Hard. Make sure not to crash into stuff. Try rolling in closer to the ground if you can. It's taken some practice as well. I don't really care to count the number of times I've crashed into the ground getting a feel for the jets. When I get my new CPU in with my next paycheck, my framerate should improve and thus letting me be a better pilot. But it's totally possible to outmaneuver a lock. I've dodged many more than I've been hit by. Actually, I think I've only been hit by two or three lock on missiles from any source...

blanky

Smokey said:

I dont know, it feels fucked up to me. Heli's dont fly like heli's did on the xbox. But maybe my settings are weird. It's kind of hard to change them too, because in the options it doesnt list the B button the controller like a B but as button 2. It works straight away, may need some fine tuning.

1stStrike

Banned
So, basically, if I want to fly anything I need a controller of some kind? I've tried a couple of times with mouse/keyboard but it's fucking impossible.

Smokey

doomed1 said:

so joysticks do work with jets?

Seanspeed

Banned
canadian crowe said:

It gets worse. Some of the later missions are very trying. Doesn't help that I dont know whats going on half the time.

Still, I'm enjoying it. Its not the greatest, but I liked the CoD campaigns, and this one is very similar, gameplay-wise. The environments are great, too. Very believable and fleshed out.

After yesterday's server meltdown, I've finally gotten to putting some time into the multiplayer. Fuckin awesome. I even like Metro and some of the other ones everyone hates. Takes a long time to level up, though. Not necessarily a bad thing if you're a long-termer, but I think the lack of immediate rewards and new guns might be off-putting to some of the CoD fanbase trying this one out.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I want some more codes for Dog Tags. Are there any more promotions going on for them? Anyone have any extras they want to PM to me?

edit: already have the alienware ones. I'd really like to get my hands on the amazon ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom