• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Menelaus said:
Left Bumper - Grenade
Left Trigger - ADS
Right Bumper - Melee (press to swipe kill animation from back/side), hold to equip knife
Right Trigger - Fire

Left Stick - Move
Left Stick - Click once to enable run (continues to run until you release forward movement) / Click and hold while ADS to steady aim (Recon)
Right Stick - Aim
Right Stick - Click to duck, hold to prone

Y - Change Weapon
X - Reload
B - Enter/Leave Vehicle - Arm/Disarm M-Com
A - Jump/Vault

D Pad Up - Turn on/off torch (when unlocked)
D Pad Left - Deploy Ammo/Med Pack/ Radio beckon/etc... (when unlocked)
D Pad Right - Deploy Defib/Rocked Launcher/Motion Sensor/etc... (when unlocked)
D Pad Down - Change rate of fire

Start - Options menu
Back - Spot (press), Score board (hold)

Awesome, thanks!

I should have been more specific, though... I'm looking for the jet/helicopter controls. Could you post those as well?

Thanks!

mcrae

can i connect my ps3 controller via usb and play like that? i dont have anything bluetooth in my computer for it to connect to..

They really need to fix the squad matchmaking. Half the time someone doesn't get into the game and if by some miracle we all do we are scattered between the two teams. If I'm going to the trouble of making a squad We should all spawn on the same team and even in the same squad.

In non-bitching news, playing with my Cousin earlier today he was able to secure MVP of the match with a 0-1 k/d lol. Awesome!

Menelaus

Banned
FlyinJ said:
Awesome, thanks!

I should have been more specific, though... I'm looking for the jet/helicopter controls. Could you post those as well?

Thanks!
I found that online.

From memory for flying:

RT - Accelerate in plane/increase altitude in chopper
LT - Air brake
LB - Weapon 1
Click LS - Toggle afterburner in plane
Click RS - 3rd person cam
A - Move seats in heli
B - Bail

That's all I can remember off the top of my head

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
_tetsuo_ said:
Whenever I am in control of an air vehicle it is a straight up disaster.

When using my 360 controller to fly jets on the PC, I get all sorts of weird behavior. I'm assuming that right trigger is accelerate. I'll be holding right trigger to take off, then when I leave the ground sometimes the jet will decelerate to a stall if I hold it down. If I release it, the plane will continue to stall.

When this doesn't happen, I take off and get up to speed. Then holding left trigger decelerates, and right trigger accelerates. Then, for no reason, my plane will suddenly start decelerating rapidly into a stall. I don't know what's causing this.

Finally, sometimes my jet will "bounce" around, like it's hitting turbulence. What is happening here? I'm not getting shot.

Maybe the greatest thing about BF3 being released is that I can finally stop following half of DICE on twitter. Except Demize...he still has some good stuff:

The M1911 with flashlight AND suppressor is developer-only gun. For now?

Temp solution for some PS3 players with control lag might be setting down resolution?

IMACOMPUTA said:
Are you sure about that? I saw a loading screen that said "the javelin can lock on to anything with a heat signature -- land or air"

Hmmm, PRETTY sure. I tried to lock onto a chopper and nothing happened. Maybe they were out of range? I'll try again later.

Keasar

16 C4s and that bloody antenna in Caspian Border still stands! I swear I shall unlock its secret and make it come down!

spk

Keasar said:
16 C4s and that bloody antenna in Caspian Border still stands! I swear I shall unlock its secret and make it come down!
It's not destructible. It's a scripted event.

@Thylander
Fredrik Thylander
@MyMeatyStick it's set-piece destruction. Gets brought down at a certain ticket count

1stStrike

Banned
Hmm, how do you guys on PC have your PS3 controllers setup in Motionjoy? No matter what I do, I can't get my controls to work right/be normal. Like, I'll be able to change weapons but not shoot, and my character looks around with the left analogue stick, while the right one does nothing >_>

spk said:

@Thylander
Fredrik Thylander
@MyMeatyStick it's set-piece destruction. Gets brought down at a certain ticket count

I don't know why this is so infuriating, but it is.

DownWithTheShip said:
360 version here.

Anyone else not able to login to the battlelog site? I keep getting an error that i'm not allowed to login. Was getting this last night and then again today when I tried at lunch.

Also, what is rubberbanding in a FPS? I'm only familiar with the term in racing games.

Here is how you fix that.

(Note: This is assuming you had an EA account before the game even came out.)

1. Sign in at www.EA.com (Remember EA Account is also now an Origin account.)
2. Setup your profile preferences.
3. Once you are totally done with that, sign out and head back to http://battlelog.battlefield.com and sign in.

sephi22

Guys with PS3s, how's the PS3 copy of the game?
I know its (much) better on the PC, and I'll probably buy a PC copy later. But I just want to know how it runs on PS3. Also, for all the others, how's the MP in general? I loved, loved, LOVED BF:BC2 MP, and didn't touch the SP, and I have no CoD background, so how much will this game appeal to someone like me?

Prologue

Menelaus said:
Left Bumper - Grenade
Left Trigger - ADS
Right Bumper - Melee (press to swipe kill animation from back/side), hold to equip knife
Right Trigger - Fire

Left Stick - Move
Left Stick - Click once to enable run (continues to run until you release forward movement) / Click and hold while ADS to steady aim (Recon)
Right Stick - Aim
Right Stick - Click to duck, hold to prone

Y - Change Weapon
X - Reload
B - Enter/Leave Vehicle - Arm/Disarm M-Com
A - Jump/Vault

D Pad Up - Turn on/off flashlighg (when unlocked)
D Pad Left - Deploy Ammo/Med Pack/ Radio beacon/etc... (when unlocked)
D Pad Right - Deploy Defib/Rocked Launcher/Motion Sensor/etc... (when unlocked)
D Pad Down - Change rate of fire

Start - Options menu
Back - Spot (press), Score board (hold)

Where the lag is pulling your character backwards as your run...you run over the same patch of dirt multiple times.

I'm guessing theres no auto aim though if you use a controller correct?

Blizzard

Banned
spk said:

@Thylander
Fredrik Thylander
Side note, Fredrik worked on Mirror's Edge (one of the leads/directors?) and is a cool guy. I think he worked on weapons in BF3, and probably other things. Is he pretty involved with community feedback?

Arnie

That M1911 with flash and supressor looks badass, quite disappointed it's a developer weapon, I'm sure I saw it in some pre-release footage.

Hawk269

Menelaus said:
The pad works fine in multiplayer if that's your concern.

More in reference to single player. It is completely broken. In the beginning where you have to follow that wire, you have to go prone to go through the air duct, once you come out...and go to where you have to cut the wire it says to go prone again, even if you do this with the gamepad and you character goes prone, the game does not register it, the screen prompt keeps saying hit "z" to go prone. You are basically stuck unless you hit "z' on the keyboard in order to progress.

Same thing when you are on that bridge right after where you have to man that heavy gun, it says press "e" to get teh gun, but hitting any button on the controlle it wont work, even though I am able to pick up other guns with the controller, I can't use this one unless I hit "E" on the keyboard. And all teh QTE's r fucked up.

For reference, I game on my big screen TV in the living room from my comfy couch and have a killer gaming rig and prefer controller support/use for these types of games. Dice/EA said over and over 100% controller support for the PC version, I paid $60 bucks and basically it is a cluster fuck with the controller.

Digital-Hero said:
Here is how you fix that.

(Note: This is assuming you had an EA account before the game even came out.)

1. Sign in at www.EA.com (Remember EA Account is also now an Origin account.)
2. Setup your profile preferences.
3. Once you are totally done with that, sign out and head back to http://battlelog.battlefield.com and sign in.

Thank you for that.

It still doesn't work, but my EA profile wasn't completed. Still had to verify my email address. I think that was keeping me from logging on.

BF3 isn't even on my games list, so i'm going to access it through the game when I get home which will hopefully add it. My guess is that once I do it will start working for me.

Thanks again!

Wow this is the first game since COD4 that gave me an actual physical smile on my face in the first multiplayer game. Polish is night and day from beta from what I've played so far. Grand Bazzar alley firefights are I think the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer FPS game. Also GAF server is amazing with lag from the few games I played on there.

SP is a fun romp but a bit disappointing since I had high hopes except for the jet level which was absolutely amazing.

I totally don't understand the people who bitch when the other team has all the flags in conquest and begins meeting the losing team at their spawn. Why the hell would you give up the advantage if you have it? Spawn camping only happens when you -let- it.

1stStrike said:
Hmm, how do you guys on PC have your PS3 controllers setup in Motionjoy? No matter what I do, I can't get my controls to work right/be normal. Like, I'll be able to change weapons but not shoot, and my character looks around with the left analogue stick, while the right one does nothing >_>
Sounds like you didn't load the right gamepad. Motioninjoy tricks windows to think that the ps3 controller is a 360.
First make sure on the home screen that you choose xbox 360 emulator. Then go to driver manager and tick on and load driver. Wait for the drivers to load. Go back to the home screen and click on enable.

To test if its working. Click on game controller panel. When the new window shows click on properties. There you can test out all the functions. Once everything is ok, just minimize motioninjoy and fire up bf3

spk

Blizzard said:
Side note, Fredrik worked on Mirror's Edge (one of the leads/directors?) and is a cool guy. I think he worked on weapons in BF3, and probably other things. Is he pretty involved with community feedback?
His Twitter says Senior Designer at EA DICE. Makes the medals, unlocks and score happen.

*Buys physical copy*

*Installs and clicks .exe*

"Sorry, you can't play yet! trollface.jpg"

Then why did you let retailers sell the damn copy already!!!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Link0080

Arnie said:
That M1911 with flash and supressor looks badass, quite disappointed it's a developer weapon, I'm sure I saw it in some pre-release footage.
That's kind of weird because I have those guns.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The destruction in the game is a massive let down after all the hype they gave it, some of the stuff that is indestructable is so random (couldn't run over a sign with a tank :lol).

DownWithTheShip said:
Thank you for that.

It still doesn't work, but my EA profile wasn't completed. Still had to verify my email address. I think that was keeping me from logging on.

BF3 isn't even on my games list, so i'm going to access it through the game when I get home which will hopefully add it. My guess is that once I do it will start working for me.

Thanks again!

Hopefully it will work for you after that, it worked for me. *crosses fingers*

1stStrike

Banned
Kyaw said:
Here is the Motionjoy install guide: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/install/latest

Remember to press 'ENABLE' and also emulate it as a 360 pad to get it working properly in BF3.

I can't comment on how the soldier controls as i've only used it to fly jets and helicopters. (default settings)

Thanks, I got it working - then proceeded to crash jets and helicopters multiple times. This shit is hard - and it sucks even more that you start out with no missiles or anything to start in jets, so all you have are guns which you can't fucking aim cause you're fighting with the controls lol

Hawk269

Is it possible to link both the PC version and Xbox 360 version in Battlelog? I set up my account on Battlelog for the PC version of the game and am trying the 360 version right now, but whenever I go to battlelog.com or whatever it is, I dont see a way to set up more that one character on a different system.

R2D4

Banned
sephi22 said:
Guys with PS3s, how's the PS3 copy of the game?
I know its (much) better on the PC, and I'll probably buy a PC copy later. But I just want to know how it runs on PS3. Also, for all the others, how's the MP in general? I loved, loved, LOVED BF:BC2 MP, and didn't touch the SP, and I have no CoD background, so how much will this game appeal to someone like me?

Control is fucked up at the moment. I have both the PC and PS3 versions. Of course after playing the PC version the PS3 version is a blurry mess but that's to be expected. The PC version is godly. Hopefully they will get the PS3 controls fixed so I can play it with friends. Hope they get it working like BC2.

R2D4

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Is it possible to link both the PC version and Xbox 360 version in Battlelog? I set up my account on Battlelog for the PC version of the game and am trying the 360 version right now, but whenever I go to battlelog.com or whatever it is, I dont see a way to set up more that one character on a different system.

Me neither. I can't figure out how to add my PSN account to Battlelog. It aways comes up with my PC profile. It says "Active soldier" with the PC logo so I assume you can make more than one.

derFeef

I am really disappointed by the destruction. I expected to blow bridges up (like on Seine) - or bring that tower down on Caspian. You know... some level-changing stuff that would feel progressive. But no :(

Hawk269 said:

I did it on the Beta (PS3 version and PC), so I don't see any reason why you couldn't now? I think you could change your active soldier in the upper part of the page.

If you can't any way, check that your Gamertag tied to your EA account, you can check what different console profiles are tied in the EA account page.

Hawk269

R2D4 said:
Me neither. I can't figure out how to add my PSN account to Battlelog. It aways comes up with my PC profile. It says "Active soldier" with the PC logo so I assume you can make more than one.

lol...yeah, it looks like there is room for other icons on that part as well, but cant figure it out at all. In game (360 version) it keeps saying that it is not set up yet, but when I log into battlelog there is no option to set up the console versions.

RotBot

Mr Sandman said:
Pretty shitty. ._.

I heard air vehicles need to be painted first before the javellin can lock on. Not sure if that's true or not.

Figured out how to use smoke with the motar: just press 2 after you're deployed. The game doesn't tell you when you're about to launch smoke or frags though. :\ Press 1 to load HE rounds.
The SOFLAM can paint air vehicles. None of my friends have Javelin or guided missiles unlocked, so I can only use it as a remote spotting camera for now.

R2D4 said:
Control is fucked up at the moment. I have both the PC and PS3 versions. Of course after playing the PC version the PS3 version is a blurry mess but that's to be expected. The PC version is godly. Hopefully they will get the PS3 controls fixed so I can play it with friends. Hope they get it working like BC2.
Yeah the aiming is erratic on the ps3 I had to turn the sensitivity all the way down and its still fucked up.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finished the campaign. The final mission was a letdown but from Going Hunting to the mission before that it was pretty good. Played some MP. I'm going to have to get used to playing on an SDTV but aside from my issues with that it was great. Rush on Seine Crossing is a blast.

kitch9

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
*Buys physical copy*

*Installs and clicks .exe*

"Sorry, you can't play yet! trollface.jpg"

Then why did you let retailers sell the damn copy already!!!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Search this thread for Korean unlock, easy as pie.

TheJerit

EmCeeGramr said:
You know what's awesome. (SP ending spoilers)

The final part of the game not rendering a character model at all, so your dude looks like some lunatic
having a fist fight with an imaginary person in the middle of Times Square.

lol oh shit, i thought i was the only person that's encounter that.... that was when i decided i had played enought that night and will restart the mission tomorrow.

Nizz

Mr. Snrub said:
At least it seems like they're aware of the issue. Sounds like a deadzone problem. Can not think of why they changed the controls from the beta. Controls, the way the game felt was one of the big reasons why I preordered. I've always liked the Battlefield games but I thought to myself wow, they really nailed the controls this time.

Now hearing about retail version having issues, I'm not sure if I should tear the shrink wrap off the game when it gets here Friday. Hope they return the controls to the way they were in the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom