• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of the ME3 dogtags? Personally I find it kind of funny and sad how EA has found a way to get some free marketing through BF3 players.

f0nz0 said:
Be advised, i suck at this game... Seriously 99% of the time i cant see who is shooting at me, i wish there was an option to turn off the fog/haze in mp, it just makes spotting enemies so hard, i got a 58plasma and had to crank the contrast up so i could see a little better, also anyone else thnk dice should have given more options as far as player indicators? I think id prefer a larger triangle over a players name rather than their name in super small font, anywho i guess i gotta play a little more conservative rather than jumping in John Rambo style

But but but... there are things moving... they must be killed.

Deadly said:
How do people get the awesome dogtags like the dinosaur or the pirate? Shit man all we're missing is a ninja now :lol

Amazon preorder.

ElyrionX said:
Seine Crossing, Metro, Damavand and to a lesser extent, Tehran, are all just not fun to play on.

I can't wait till the Karkand pack arrives and we get Wake Island.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell DICE is thinking when they designed Metro and Damavand.

I was not a fan of Seine at all early on, but it's grown on me a little bit. The US deployment (I think) is so damned boring. Just flat streets and a few buildings. Over the bridge, however, there's a cool element of verticality that is pretty fun.

Haven't played Metro yet (still burnt out on beta/alpha) but I'd like to try CQ with 32 players. 64 is lolworthy.

I agree with Damavand. I mentioned before that they really just missed the boat on what this map could have been. The construction areas are so damned cool (all the huge vehicles, the conveyor belts, etc) but the focus/chokepoint of the map is the tunnel. So dumb.

Tehran isn't so bad.

is the singleplayer really this hard even on easy? i keep getting killed all the time :E the enemy sees me and i'm instantly dead from a single shot...

codecow

Just checking in to say that I put 3h played on the Xbox version this am, Conquest and the game is mostly excellent with the possible exception of the map where you spawn on the aircraft carrier.

Nabs

Nafai1123 said:
Why the fuck do I keep getting "kicked by administrator" after less than a minute of being in game?
It's a punkbuster problem. Check the googles and see how to fix it.

SLV

Nafai1123 said:
Why the fuck do I keep getting "kicked by administrator" after less than a minute of being in game?

Check your BF 3 installation folder, is there a folder inside called pb ?

CrankyJay

Banned
f0nz0 said:
Be advised, i suck at this game... Seriously 99% of the time i cant see who is shooting at me, i wish there was an option to turn off the fog/haze in mp, it just makes spotting enemies so hard, i got a 58plasma and had to crank the contrast up so i could see a little better, also anyone else thnk dice should have given more options as far as player indicators? I think id prefer a larger triangle over a players name rather than their name in super small font, anywho i guess i gotta play a little more conservative rather than jumping in John Rambo style

Turn off motion blur. I believe that has helped me a little bit.

cackhyena

ElyrionX said:
Seine Crossing, Metro, Damavand and to a lesser extent, Tehran, are all just not fun to play on.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell DICE is thinking when they designed Metro and Damavand.
What? I like Damavand.

Smokey said:
When do you get to Base jump in Dama? I haven't experienced it yet :(

Also can 360 controllers be used on PC to control jets and copters?

Base jump is only on Damavand Rush, not in Conquest sadly.

Kyaw

Arrrgh, i hate it when no one goes for the objectives and instead get into the 'B' meatgrinder on Grand Bazaar.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
snack said:
Looks like the folks from Alienware are giving away free Battlefield 3 Dogtags Codes. All you have to do is create an Alienware Arena Account, get your Key and redeem it on Origin to unlock the Alienware Dogtags. But be advised, there are only 6000 Keys left so you better rush over to the Alienware Website. Make your mark on the battlefield, as every time you make a kill, your dog tags make an appearance within the game.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/battlefield-3-dog-tag-item-giveaway/

1. Create or login to an Alienware Arena account.

2. GET KEY

3. Open EA's Origin client (or download it here if you don't already have it installed).

4. Click the cog icon, select "Redeem Product Code" and enter your dog tag code.

5. Your dog tog will be unlocked the next time you play Battlefield 3.

Will this unlock the tag for all systems you play on or just PC?

Am I the only one who like almost all the maps? I don't like playing Metro cause I've played it way too much, and that map where attackers run downslope to plant M-COM (Sorry, still not familiar with all the names) is not attacker friendly if teamwork lacks.

The rest, they are a lot of fun.

FINALBOSS

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Am I the only one who like almost all the maps? I don't like playing Metro cause I've played it way too much, and that map where attackers run downslope to plant M-COM (Sorry, still not familiar with all the names) is not attacker friendly if teamwork lacks.

I like them too...but Caspian Border is fucking horrible on consoles. Gigantic snooze fest.

Gui_PT

I know it's just a type, but this
snack said:
made me think of
15-woll-smoth.jpg

And I laughed way more than I should've

AppleMIX

shagg_187 said:

I also agree.

Metro conquest is pretty broken, though.

GodofWine

Has there been any console downtime today hinting at 'repairs' to the system??

If not, I think Im drinking red wine and watching baseball...I have high cholesterol so its 'good for me'..and Im nervous, so baseball will sedate me.

But..if squads and chat work, I'll eat funions and rage at the opponents for hours, creeping closer and closer to sweet sweet death :)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I never got the hate for Metro or any other "clusterfuck" map. Shit, I has some of the most fun I've ever had this morning on Metro 64 conquest. Nothing more intense than being pinned down with your team doing their best to bust through the escalators or defending that flag. When we finally broke through you can tell how fucking happy everyone was lol.

I love bf 1942, and bf2 but there were lot's of moments when i was just wandering around looking for a fight :/

SeanR1221

I don't think anyone answered this question for me last night.

Is the health the same as BC2 or between BC and the Beta?

When I'm looking at gun unlocks, I felt like I could only see the Attackers weapons. How do I switch to the Defenders?

cabottemp

Banned
This is bugging me:

If I go into "My Soldier" where I can customize my loadout, I've chosen the M16 as my starting weapon.

When I play, the game either starts me with the M16 OR the AK74... When I try to change the gun to M16, it's not even available... but sometimes the game will start me with the M16.

Why does the game keep switching weapons on me??? It did this in the beta too, anyone know what's up?

FINALBOSS

Banned
I played assault in beta and got to the rank max and loved it...but in retail I think I'm sticking with Support.

Is it just me or do people NEVER THROW AMMO down. Pisses me off so bad.

cabot said:
This is bugging me:

If I go into "My Soldier" where I can customize my loadout, I've chosen the M16 as my starting weapon.

When I play, the game either starts me with the M16 OR the AK74... When I try to change the gun to M16, it's not even available... but sometimes the game will start me with the M16.

Why does the game keep switching weapons on me??? It did this in the beta too, anyone know what's up?

The starting 2 weapons are different for US and RU, dummy, lol.

cabot said:
This is bugging me:

Umm... US vs Russia?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Operation Firestorm is an excellent map. I love it. Just had a wonderful round where me and my anonymous bro tag teamed in a tank, swapping places every once in awhile, one of us on the cannon/steering and the other covering with the mounted gun.

It's so fucking satisfying to have him blow a hole in a wall, and then mow down all the plebs inside with the mounted gun.

We survived for almost the entire round.

KJTB

ElyrionX said:

Agreed

Guess I'm an outlier, but for me, this has been one of DICE's best launches. Haven't really had trouble finding/getting into any servers (aside from minor delays on the 24th). Other than some of the GAF server issues, it's been pretty damned smooth.

desu

ElyrionX said:

I suppose you mean the conquest versions? Obviously most of them have been designed as rush maps so not really surprising that they freaking suck for CQ. Same goes for TDM maps, tried a few but they were utter shit with stupid spawns. I guess thats what you get for all modes on all maps ...

derFeef

EatChildren said:
Operation Firestorm is an excellent map. I love it. Just had a wonderful round where me and my anonymous bro tag teamed in a tank, swapping places every once in awhile, one of us on the cannon/steering and the other covering with the mounted gun.

It's so fucking satisfying to have him blow a hole in a wall, and then mow down all the plebs inside with the mounted gun.

Firestorm may be my favourite as well as it has everyting I love about BF. My most hated map at the moment is that Bazaar thing... ugh.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Awesome Animals said:
Does that mean there are two different loadouts? One for the Russian side and one for the United States side?

Yes. Both are separate load outs, and if you unlock an attachment for a gun in one, you'll have to unlock it again in the other.

Mr. Snrub said:
Guess I'm an outlier, but for me, this has been one of DICE's best launches. Haven't really had trouble finding/getting into any servers (aside from minor delays on the 24th). Other than some of the GAF server issues, it's been pretty damned smooth.

I've had no issues either. Unless you count Multiplay's multiple GAF server fuckups, which I don't.

If only there were worse pilots on the GAF server I might actually be able to do shit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
EatChildren said:
Yes. Both are separate load outs, and if you unlock an attachment for a gun in one, you'll have to unlock it again in the other.
I wish they had changes this from the beta. I greatly prefer the US starting weapons to the Russian ones. At least it's only the first gun.

J-Rzez

EatChildren said:

I agree, I adore this map. I love the huge tank battles that take place in it personally. While on the Ruskies, I set up shop near the first set of buildings with two engineers and we kept most of their tanks tied up. Then a helo decided to try and help out and I got it with the main canon, such a great time.

I'm serious about the mortars btw. They are really useful, and we're probably going to see a lot more of them. Finding a good spot to set up shop though is the key. If you have the option to parachute down in the map from a helo and get an obscure spot, you can be nearly godlike. I also got into a game where my team was pushed back to spawn, the mortars helped put a end to that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom