• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
KingOfKong said:
we are playing different games then. the maps are great and wouldn't work with CoD at all. not following what you are saying.
Really? Metro, Seine and Bazaar are all CoD style maps. Damavand is garbage and I haven't played Tehran yet. The remaining four are worth playing.

:']

I have no idea how I managed to befriend myself

Ryuuga said:
Crashing or restarting, because there were numerous server restarts last night in between map rotations.

gibon3z said:
Server crashes when they make changes to it.

He said it will be back in 5.

something to do with map rotation.

Ah alright.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
mr_nothin said:
If you think about it, it would seem as if Rush should be the precursor to Karkand. Karkand is an evolution of Rush. Karkand was a lot more open and involved more strategy than any rush map. They actually took a step backwards if you think about it like that.
Karkand had certain elements of Rush, but Rush formalized the concept of building the match around pitched battles that take place in pre-defined locations.

I like that the chokepoints in Karkand had flanking options but the musical chairs created by backcapping empty flags wasn't all that engaging. I always thought that UT2k4's linked nodes were a better implementation. Rush takes another approach and just cuts that portion out altogether.

JoeMartin

I have unplayable amounts of lag.

On literally every server. Like I cannot move without getting stuck in place for a second at a time. Made it through beta just fine. Please tell me this is some problem they're fixing.

Amazon.com is freaking wonderful. They are like the opposite of Origin.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition - Preload Available Download."

Because of the circumstances, I've made an exception to our return policy and issued a refund in the amount of $50.99. This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

Keasar

Okay, I dont know if this is a unique problem to me or just how the game works normally. When I start the game, I check the memory it takes and it starts at 800 mb of RAM on the startup, even on the largest maps, over time it slowly builds up to about 1.8 gig of RAM, making the game chug until it seem to crash if I go into the settings and accidentally select "ultra" in order to pass it and get to "low" settings. Is this ordinary? :<

So going by the OP I assumed I would be able to buy the Limited Edition on Origin tomorrow, but nope. The game is already out. Thanks for nothing OP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got home from midnight launch. 300+ people

LET'S GO!

GJS

Arcipello said:
join an empty server.... done!
You can't do that unless the server admin specifically edits the config so that the game starts below the usual minimum player limit.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Keasar said:
Okay, I dont know if this is a unique problem to me or just how the game works normally. When I start the game, I check the memory it takes and it starts at 800 mb of RAM on the startup, even on the largest maps, over time it slowly builds up to about 1.8 gig of RAM, making the game chug until it seem to crash if I go into the settings and accidentally select "ultra" in order to pass it and get to "low" settings. Is this ordinary? :<

Exact same thing happens to me. Looks like there is a memory leak

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So how do I use this Battlelog stuff to actually jump into a game with people on 360? Does being in a platoon do anything at all?

Also, side note, who wants to play bf3 on 360 with a noob right now.

Shawsie64

Banned
I know this is heresy but how competitive are you controller on PC guys in MP? My PC is my HTPC and although I CAN play with KB/M it gets pretty uncomfortable..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe the single player campaign. Why the fuck would they include QTEs in 2011? Add the fact that they don't even checkpoint before the QTE happens? Guh.

It's super annoying when you're capturing a point in Conquest on 360, the capture circle pops up right in the middle of the screen. It's really annoying.

Hey Guys.

I made a post very early in the OT about custom made Dog Tag Avatars for people on GAF.

Well, they're actually pretty easy for me to make, and I'm going to get to making them this morning.

I'm happy to do about 10 per day and I believe I've had 3 requests so far in my PM box. I'm putting this notice up there again now as a reminder and as part of my OT. I'm rested and back to strength and ready to work again, so the next 7 (and if I can make them fast enough and feel generous enough) perhaps more PM's I get with requests and design ideas for their Dog Tag's will get their Custom Dog Tag Avatars... might not be for a few hours because I just need to go for about a 1 hour drive first, but I'll be straight back after.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
One of my big complaints about the interface is that when you're repairing a vehicle, the icon that shows the current damage state of the vehicle is rendered in some weird arbitrary position, and many times it's not on my screen. Stick that icon right above the damn repair tool! What the hell.

Xux

Neverender said:
It's super annoying when you're capturing a point in Conquest on 360, the capture circle pops up right in the middle of the screen. It's really annoying.
Seriously, we should petition them or something to move it to the top of the screen or maybe up in a corner.

Do the camos you unlock apply to both your character model and the weapons? Lame if they don't apply to the latter; I've no interest in unlocking aesthetic options that I can't see.

GodofWine

MrCookiepants said:
Console version of this is looking like the critical flop of the year.

huh?

Once the squad / voice system is fixed, this will be the best FPS on consoles. And Im critical of the day one issues, but at its heart, this is a beast of a game.

Their ambition bit them a bit, but not in a way that they can fix.

If you want the same old same old, there is a game for that...if you want to see the envelope pushed, here is your game.

FlyinJ said:
One of my big complaints about the interface is that when you're repairing a vehicle, the icon that shows the current damage state of the vehicle is rendered in some weird arbitrary position, and many times it's not on my screen. Stick that icon right above the damn repair tool! What the hell.

Yea, I was repairing a vehicle and capturing a point at the same time and only saw the capturing icon. Kinda annoying.

I'm often overwhelmed at just how much stuff is popping up on the screen sometimes.

1stStrike

Banned
Shawsie64 said:
PC? How does the game feel with a pad other than QTEs?

Much less precise. I tried it for a bit earlier with my PS3 controller and no thanks - it just can't compare with a mouse/keyboard.

d0c_zaius

GodofWine said:
huh?

Once the squad / voice system is fixed, this will be the best FPS on consoles. And Im critical of the day one issues, but at its heart, this is a beast of a game.

Their ambition bit them a bit, but not in a way that they can fix.

If you want the same old same old, there is a game for that...if you want to see the envelope pushed, here is your game.

Really? Cause I think its the exact opposite. They lost sight of what made a battlefield game, and this is coming from someone that loved 1942, BF2 and BC2.

They actually went out of their way to get someone else's "same old" into my BF game.

I'm only talking about the console version though when it comes to the lag, hit detection, and some other annoying issues.

and why the hell does a flashlight completely blind me in a daylight level?!? why can I only knife some doors and not others, or some fences and not others?

why is it ok for people to hide over 50% of their player model through ground and corner building collision?

I'm sure people will love it, but for me it's the MP disappointment of the year. I'll give it more time to grow on me but this was never an issue with previous BFs.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So, ho do you spot someone? It's not under controls

Also, does nobody use mics on 360? I have no idea how any of this squad stuff is supposed to work, I've been playing TDM.

JB1981

I strongly dislike the new lighting model. It's like there is now shadow detail, everything is crushed, visibility is shit.

Shadybiz

MrCookiepants said:
Console version of this is looking like the critical flop of the year.

I don't see how; it currently has an 86/100 on Metacritic for PS3, and not far behind at all is the xbox version with an 83. I wouldn't really call that a flop. Better than average; not outstanding by the critics' viewpoint.

There are a few issues, sure, but in several hours with the game, I haven't seen anything gamebreaking. Sure, it doesn't look as good, or have all of the bells and whistles of the PC version, but I think it still looks leaps and bounds better than BC2, and the gameplay seems to be as solid.

Finally unlocked the SV98 after about 5 hours. lol

Sort of feels like they nerfed it, then again I only played a few games with it.

Is it me or is leveling up on RPG scales of grinding?

SpeedingUptoStop said:
So, ho do you spot someone? It's not under controls

Also, does nobody use mics on 360? I have no idea how any of this squad stuff is supposed to work, I've been playing TDM.

Back button, remember though you can't spam it.

Kibbles

I was surprised how big the line was at my local gamestop Monday night, looks like it did very well on preorders. Thankfully they did something that made the line go super fast, basically, if you preordered you could go in and get a receipt that they'd mark and you go wait outside. At midnight they burn through the line, you just give them the receipt and they give you the game. I don't know if this is normal but the first time I've had this done in all midnight launches I've been too, love it, got home before 12:30.

Hellcrow

Hey PC guys. Sprinkle stuff up with some rush. It is fun, I promise!

You get the A-10/Frogfoot and awesome base jumping.

However, you do see the difference between maps designed for rush and maps designed for conquest. Few maps do both well.

Moaradin

Hellcrow said:
Hey PC guys. Sprinkle stuff up with some rush. It is fun, I promise!

You get the A-10/Frogfoot and awesome base jumping.

However, you do see the difference between maps designed for rush and maps designed for conquest. Few maps do both well.

I hated rush in BC2 but I love rush in this game.

1-D_FTW

FlyinJ said:
I absolutely loved El Alamein in 1942. Best tank map ever:

maps_8.jpg

Ah. That was a good map. Then again, 1942 had a ton of good maps.

FlyinJ said:
Exact same thing happens to me. Looks like there is a memory leak

Only real map that's given me issues is on Caspian. It was the same way in the beta. If anything, though, I think it was worse yesterday than my beta play through.

Kyaw

Need Back to Karkand. Seriously.

These maps are all designed with rush in mind. ;_;

Oh and Seine Crossing... WHY?!

Ikuu said:
Really? Metro, Seine and Bazaar are all CoD style maps. Damavand is garbage and I haven't played Tehran yet. The remaining four are worth playing.

Tehran is another CoD knockoff.

Pretty pathetic map lineup. Absolutely the last Battlefield I'll ever buy.

kIdMuScLe

I'm cross-posting with the performance thread too...

Ok... i have a weird problem. yesterday after i figured out what was wrong with my system (i previously had bf3 beta installed and old ATI drivers) i was up and running around 45-50fps on Ultra (had every AA option off) but today I can't even get past 30fps even if set everything to low. WTF?!?! this shit is annoying =(

AMD X4 B35 cpu @ 2.90
Stock 6870 1GB
12GB ddr3 @1333mhz

anyone help?

JB1981

Playing Rush Operation Firestorm ... All i do is spawn ... Run to the other side of the map and then die from an enemy I never see. Not having much fun

mxgt

Banned
Anyone got really bad loading issues?

I'm one of the last to load in when a new map starts, it's really annoying. Got no problems with other games just this one :|

Kyaw

JB1981 said:
Playing Rush Operation Firestorm ... All i do is spawn ... Run to the other side of the map and then die from an enemy I never see. Not having much fun

Don't die? Seriously, stop running around like a headless chicken.
Look around before making from cover to cover and use that spot button.

I want to play more but I should go to sleep!!

ARGHHH!!

Anyway, Singleplayer is pretty awful. Yeah, we all know about it, dosn't look as bad as BC2 though.

MP: I need to play more.

Izayoi

Banned
JB1981 said:
I strongly dislike the new lighting model. It's like there is now shadow detail, everything is crushed, visibility is shit.
It's infinitely better than BC2. Still not as clean as BF2 was, but DICE is learning.

JB1981 said:
Oh.

Spookie

Hellcrow said:

Yes! Caspian is fucking terrible on Rush, awesome on conquest. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom