• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a mode where I can load a map, and learn to fly by myself, instead of ruining games buy learning on the go, and crashing every 5 min.

So do you not get any XP or anything if you're kicked from a game? I just got kicked from my 4th game in two nights because I would start off with a good kill streak, it's fucking retarded

Woo-Fu

Banned
gibon3z said:
Bet you the karkland maps that are coming are edited and are not the originals.

They will screw those maps up too.

They've already told us they're changing them quite a bit. Expect console-friendly flag clustering, just like you have in the release maps.

Gez said:
Is this Battlelog bullshit for real? It looks like Ubisoft Always online DRM to be.

Battlelog is genius mate, don't you slight it.

I'm there browsing the internet, checking Facebook, listening to music, and I decide to play the game. Open up the server list, filter shit out, and choose a server. The game starts to load as I continue browsing, then when I'm ready I instantly get in the game. Makes it soooooo easy and oh so convenient, especially if you're the kind of person who plays for short burts of 20 minutes or so.

Cutwolf

Woo-Fu said:
They've already told us they're changing them quite a bit. Expect console-friendly flag clustering, just like you have in the release maps.

How is flag clustering any more console-friendly than PC-friendly or just plain "keep the action hot and heavy"-friendly?

This "blame anything that annoys us about a game on its multi-platformness" is out of hand.

jiffy38

Has anyone had any sound issues with War Tapes on? I see$ to be losing certain explosions and all around sounds at random times. Are there known issues with war tapes and should I go back to home theatre?

d0c_zaius

RibbedHero said:

I think it sucks.

Of course that could just be because it doesnt work.

shagg_187 said:
It feels very awkward in the beginning. Once you look away from the whole "It's a browser" issue, it's fantastic. Party system is awesome, joining game is quick, surf GAF while origin fires up the game for you, and more!

Sounds good. To bad it wont let me sign up for it. I would rather just not have to use it at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
CyReN said:
Anybody else disliking the campaign? I'm 3-4 missions in and haven't enjoyed it yet.
It gets a lot better after the third mission. The last mission kind of sucked but most of the campaign is actually pretty good.

SUPARSTARX

RibbedHero said:

I'm there browsing the internet, checking Facebook, listening to music, and I decide to play the game. Open up the server list, filter shit out, and choose a server. The game starts to load as I continue browsing, then when I'm ready I instantly get in the game. Makes it soooooo easy and oh so convenient, especially if you're the kind of person who plays for short burts of 20 minutes or so.
This!!!

Initially I was like, what is this web browser crap! Then I was loading games on the fly!

Cutwolf said:
How is flag clustering any more console-friendly than PC-friendly or just plain "keep the action hot and heavy"-friendly?

This "blame anything that annoys us about a game on its multi-platformness" is out of hand.

Well flag clustering is more Bad Company-like, which is a consolized version of the main BF series...

I guess he meant it made the game more suited to short attention, instant action types, which does seem to be more common on consoles, although common on PC games as well.

sp3000

Cutwolf said:

Bad Company 1 had wide spaced flags. It's nothing to do with consoles. It's just DICE having zero idea how to make good maps.

This stupid trend started with BC2 in an attempt to have constant explosions aka COD.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Cutwolf said:

yea I don't get it either, if any thing flag clustering helps out the master race with the much superior M/KB :) Again i don't get the obsession with super spread out flags, and extremely big maps. There's a reason Karkand was popular in bf2. Shit actually happens! You know what most people did on Kubra and Dragon valley? Snipe from miles away. The new maps are nice balance of size and heavy action .

I think once people get over the nostalgia they'll realize how awesome these maps are.

Dakota47

SUPARSTARX said:
This!!!

Initially I was like, what is this web browser crap! Then I was loading games on the fly!

It is without a doubt the best server browser DICE has ever made. I am very happy with it as well. If soldier and vehicle customization are added to Battlelog I basically don't have any gripes with it anymore.

Just beat the sp. It was okay I guess. Don't think I enjoyed it more than MoH's campaign and have no idea what the story was about since I wasn't really paying attention.

sp3000

Doc Holliday said:
yea I don't get it either, if any thing flag clustering helps out the master race with the much superior M/KB :) Again i don't get the obsession with super spread out flags, and extremely big maps. There's a reason Karkand was popular in bf2. Shit actually happens! You know what most people did on Kuba and Dragon valley? Snipe from miles away. The new maps are nice balance of size and heavy action .

I think once people get over the nostalgia they'll how awesome these maps are.

Karkand was popular because there will lots of flags to capture, I think 9 which is more than any map in BF3. It was also possible to go behind enemy positions really easily which added a lot of strategy to the map. Not a single BF3 map has this because the flags are all way too close to each other

Why not just keep the Pc versions of the maps the exact same as before.

Why gimp those versions for the sake of the smaller 24 player count console versions.

Sad thing is if this game had mod tools it wouldnt be much of a problem, modders would fix what DICE broke.

Cutwolf

sp3000 said:
Bad Company 1 had wide spaced flags. It's nothing to do with consoles. It's just DICE having zero idea how to make good maps.

This stupid trend started with BC2 in an attempt to have constant explosions aka COD.

This is just so subjective. I've been playing the Battlefield series since bf1942, and I personally have no problems with clustered flags. I personally like the constant action and being able to participate immediately when a battle shifts to a diff location.

Ryuuga

Banned
You know it's time to leave your squad when someone tries repairing an M1 with a medkit, that and if your squad takes no part in trying to defend/attack the objective in order to explore the map or get dibs on aircraft for the next point.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
KingOfKong said:
huh? i hope you are talking about single player and not multi.
It's all over the MP, the maps that aren't designed for the game at all, not to mention the game is filled with unlocks now.

FStop7

Banned
I like Battlelog. I do wish I could edit my kits within it, though. I would think that shouldn't be too hard. You open up a webpage that lets you configure load outs, accessories, etc. Once you save your config an XML file is generated. That file is then read by the game the next time you launch and voila.

Ikuu said:
It's all over the MP, the maps that aren't designed for the game at all, not to mention the game is filled with unlocks now.

Other than Metro I have no idea what you're talking about, re: maps.

Doc Holliday

sp3000 said:
Karkand was popular because there will lots of flags to capture, I think 9 which is more than any map in BF3. It was also possible to go behind enemy positions really easily which added a lot of strategy to the map. Not a single BF3 map has this because the flags are all way too close to each other

Most of the bf2 maps had more than 5 flags in 64 player and enough space to flank. Still Karkand was by far the most popular map, and that's because firefights were pretty common imo.

PS I fucking hate COD mp :D

Cheech

Can't join any server tonight (PC). It just sits at "Joining Server..." in Battlelog, and never goes anywhere.

What a load. Another Dark Souls night for me I guess.

eternaLightness said:
Just beat the sp. It was okay I guess. Don't think I enjoyed it more than MoH's campaign and have no idea what the story was about since I wasn't really paying attention.

Ha. There are TOO many posts about the SP. That disc simply will not leave the case. Ever.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Doc Holliday said:
yea I don't get it either, if any thing flag clustering helps out the master race with the much superior M/KB :) Again i don't get the obsession with super spread out flags, and extremely big maps. There's a reason Karkand was popular in bf2. Shit actually happens! You know what most people did on Kubra and Dragon valley? Snipe from miles away. The new maps are nice balance of size and heavy action .

I think once people get over the nostalgia they'll realize how awesome these maps are.

I absolutely loved El Alamein in 1942. Best tank map ever:

maps_8.jpg

MrBig

I've been revived a total of 1 time in the last 4 hours. Having the defib as an unlock is a terrible idea.
Mortar is also a little op

FinFan said:
Not sure if this has been covered but from the lack of acknowledgment on other blogs makes me think not. Here's my launch day experience.

http://thedeadroomcrew.com/news/no-high-definition-textures-for-some-xbox-360-battlefield-3-players/

Basic jist, no hard drive, no HD.

Same stupid shit happened with Halo Reach's theatre mode and online co-op, they didn't work if your "hard drive" was a USB or the internal 4GB flash, how absolutely stupid. I just took the 120GB drive from my old Xbox. Your problem is much harder to solve...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
sp3000 said:
Most of the fighting took place at a handful of flags: the narrow street at the beginning, the gas station at the north side of the map, and the area on the other side of the gas station bridge later on. The poster that said that Karkand was the precursor to Rush had a good point.

mr_nothin

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Most of the fighting took place at a handful of flags: the narrow street at the beginning, the gas station at the north side of the map, and the area on the other side of the gas station bridge later on. The poster that said that Karkand was the precursor to Rush had a good point.
If you think about it, it would seem as if Rush should be the precursor to Karkand. Karkand is an evolution of Rush. Karkand was a lot more open and involved more strategy than any rush map. They actually took a step backwards if you think about it like that.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
So i just activated the game, and i can't change the video settings. Every damn time i press the video-tab in options the game freezes (SP and MP). Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Well, I did a clean install of the nVidia driver and unchecked the 3D-stuff and that seems to have fixed it.

Doc Holliday

mr_nothin said:
If you think about it, it would seem as if Rush should be the precursor to Karkand. Karkand is an evolution of Rush. Karkand was a lot more open and involved more strategy than any rush map. They actually took a step backwards if you think about it like that.

Rush and map/flag placement are two different things. Ive yet to play Rush in the final game so I can't tell you if it's any good. All I know that the maps I have played in conquest have been full of strategy and fun as fuck. Shit I can almost feel hair growing on my chest from one 64 conquest session of metro! Thats right fucking metro lol.

Ikuu said:

we are playing different games then. the maps are great and wouldn't work with CoD at all. not following what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom