• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spawn campers, absolutely. Only suspect cheating, but it wasn't super blatant, just suspicious. Maybe our team just sucked.

And Punkbuster is actually disabled in the Beta, but EA/DICE say they are "monitoring" any exploits/cheats being used.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
Huh? I was saying that it's funny that I had nearly the same amount of points despite having an AWFUL game as far as kills were concerned. Was doing nothing but M-COM maintenance and revives.

Yeah, I re-read your post after I posted, and realized that you might have meant that. Still though, the only way to truly score a lot of points is through a high amount of kills. 1800/1900 points is nothing compared to the 7000-8000 points I've scored in a single round as a support class (50+ kills, MCOM arming, etc). I don't think it's balanced at all.

Mr. Snrub said:
Spawn campers, absolutely. Only suspect cheating, but it wasn't super blatant, just suspicious. Maybe our team just sucked.

And Punkbuster is actually disabled in the Beta, but EA/DICE say they are "monitoring" any exploits/cheats being used.

Yeah, there was definitely some shady stuff going on during that match. People killing from the subway, guys running around prone, etc. I was on that team for a couple of rounds before I switched, and it's not as if we had excellent team communication or anything either.

Mr. Snrub said:
The super cheap preorder deal also lasts till Oct 25th, so no rush, but I'm fine with committing.

Does it last all the way until the game comes out? I couldn't find anywhere on their site that mentioned it. Unless we think a better deal is going to come along, it wouldn't be a horrible idea to pre-order sometime soon.

scogoth

DangerStepp said:
.___ .

Teach me your ways.

I'll teach you how to kill them, their kill cam should reveal what looks like a dead flailing body. Go there and shoot the dead flailing body model and they will die no matter where they are under the map. This only works when you the know the map sadly.

If you want to rofl stomp them put an radio beacon behind the rocks on the left side, near the bridge, in front of their spawn. Spawn camp. If they do blow up both MCOMs then wait in the shadows till they clear the area, drop radio beacon. Spawn camp. This is also a VERY effective way to troll cuban.

scogoth said:
I'll teach you how to kill them, their kill cam should reveal what looks like a dead flailing body. Go there and shoot the dead flailing body model and they will die no matter where they are under the map. This only works when you the know the map sadly.

That's EXACTLY what was happening when I was getting spawn-killed. Good to know.

LordCanti

Is it just me, or has hit detection gotten worse since yesterday? I'm lagging like crazy on pretty much any server I join, and I can't hit anything.

Hopefully it's not just me.

Also...invisible people disarming MCOM with a single touch. Glorious, glorious bug that one.

Good games tonight, GAF. Will be unable to play till Oct 9th, hope we start getting more info on the new maps soon.

I'm ready to commit to Multiplay. We're actually at $449 now, I had to manually accept Sanjay's weird British currency.

Jas

LordCanti said:
Is it just me, or has hit detection gotten worse since yesterday? I'm lagging like crazy on pretty much any server I join, and I can't hit anything.

Hopefully it's not just me.

Also...invisible people disarming MCOM with a single touch. Glorious, glorious bug that one.

Having the same issues and more. Twice tonight I re-spawned to a black screen and had to close the game out.

Glitching is becoming alot more prevalent over the past day on PC and PS3 :(

scogoth

New favourite gun in the AN-94, its just a lot of fun to use. That AEK on the other hand is getting on my nerves, that gun combined with the lag issues is frustrating.

scogoth said:
New favourite gun in the AN-94, its just a lot of fun to use. That AEK on the other hand is getting on my nerves, that gun combined with the lag issues is frustrating.

Yeah, the AEK can be something else in the right hands. I think I may stick with the UMP for a while... its reliable. Lol.

LordCanti

I've been sticking with the UMP. It's not as good as the default American support gun (I forget the name), but it's a lot quicker at close ranges, which makes it better for the subway. You don't even need to aim down the sights at short to medium ranges, which offers a time advantage as well.

I don't foresee anyone UMP'ing it up in conquest servers (damn thing doesn't shoot very straight at long distances), but it's the best for this particular rush map.

scogoth said:
lol you should try single shot firing mode. SV98 aint got shit on the UMP

I try that, but it's much faster for someone to pump two SV98 bullets into me (or MK11) than it is for me to take them out with a single fired UMP.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
I've been sticking with the UMP. It's not as good as the default American support gun (I forget the name), but it's a lot quicker at close ranges, which makes it better for the subway. You don't even need to aim down the sights at short to medium ranges, which offers a time advantage as well.

I don't foresee anyone UMP'ing it up in conquest servers (damn thing doesn't shoot very straight at long distances), but it's the best for this particular rush map.

lol you should try single shot firing mode. SV98 aint got shit on the UMP

Pennybags

This will be the first time I am anticipating an upcoming PC game's release, so I am not experienced with certain things.

Will whatever server that is rented out be available upon release date?

scogoth

Pennybags said:
This will be the first time I am anticipating an upcoming PC game's release, so I am not experienced with certain things.

Will whatever server that is rented out be available upon release date?

Yes we will have a GAF server day one.

KH2002 and G3 not in the beta =( just finished assault class

Is it just me or are pistols extremely weird in this game? I can sit there and shoot 5+ times with the starting attacker pistol, and it kills finally, but I'll get hit once or twice with it and die when other people use it on me.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I have gotten quick kills with pistols. The magnum though seems a little strong. People snipe from half way across the map with it. Its like the shotguns in BC2, first shot is accurate and there is little dmage drop off for distance.

LordCanti

Ajemsuhgao said:
Is it just me or are pistols extremely weird in this game? I can sit there and shoot 5+ times with the starting attacker pistol, and it kills finally, but I'll get hit once or twice with it and die when other people use it on me.

There is an auto-pistol (I forget the name). If you are close enough, it's one click to bring someone down. Otherwise, you just need to click really really fast to bring people down with the other pistols.

Edit: Caspian is baaaaaaack! Thanks Cuban.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
There is an auto-pistol (I forget the name). If you are close enough, it's one click to bring someone down. Otherwise, you just need to click really really fast to bring people down with the other pistols.

G18 is full automatic at 1100 rounds per minute and kills FAST at close range. The broken gun is the G17 which is semi auto at 1100 rounds per minute and its settle time is almost instant making sniping with this gun very easy.

The magnum is one hit headshot from quite a distance and two hit kill at any distance. Its epic.

Menelaus

Banned
For what it's worth, Multiplay has the only lag-free Caspian servers today. As if we need another bulletpoint for them, but still worth mentioning.

Vormund

Had some weird shit/hacking last night.

Suddenly for no reason my entire team spawned on the top of the building at the last set of M-coms in Metro.

Then someone says lets go skydiving, and then we all spawned about a kilometer up in the air. >_>

PjotrStroganov said:
And don't put the emphasis on k/d ratio in the score menu.

Agreed. While my kdr is usually at the top, this game supposedly was to put more emphasis on team work with points for suppessive fire, revive points same as a kill, etc

LordCanti

Vormund said:
Had some weird shit/hacking last night.

Suddenly for no reason my entire team spawned on the top of the building at the last set of M-coms in Metro.

Then someone says lets go skydiving, and then we all spawned about a kilometer up in the air. >_>

Agreed. While my kdr is usually at the top, this game supposedly was to put more emphasis on team work with points for suppessive fire, revive points same as a kill, etc

Reminds me of an old Halo 2 hack. People would spawn the other team in the air, and then give everyone on their team a sniper rifle and/or a rocket launcher.

Just keep telling yourself that people will be banhammered for doing anything similar in less than a months time.

Menelaus said:
For what it's worth, Multiplay has the only lag-free Caspian servers today. As if we need another bulletpoint for them, but still worth mentioning.

They seemed to be stable when I was playing with you today, even though the full 64 players were in there. Definitely a good sign.

scogoth

Menelaus said:

=(

I have no PC for this weekend... I need to play caspian. I'm being torn up on the inside because of this. Fuck dice for "WE ARE DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY NOT RELEASING CASPIAN AGAIN"......."oh btw we are"

LordCanti

scogoth said:
=(

I have no PC for this weekend... I need to play caspian. I'm being torn up on the inside because of this. Fuck dice for "WE ARE DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY NOT RELEASING CASPIAN AGAIN"......."oh btw we are"

I'll fly a jet around to the theme song from Top Gun, just for you.

scogoth said:
Thank you, please top my jet kills. Having you as number 1 is is almost as good as me at number 1.

Bah, I never get the actual kill in the jet. I get "vehicle disabled" and then the person ejects, or it slowly crashes to the ground and they "suicide" instead of me having killed them.

Broken I tells ya, broken. Probably won't happen when I have heat seeking missiles, but whatever.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
I'll fly a jet around to the theme song from Top Gun, just for you.

Thank you, please top my jet kills. Having you as number 1 is is almost as good as me at number 1.

LordCanti

Caspian has crashed on me four times in an hour. Thanks, but no thanks DICE.

I'm usually not mad. A little mad right now though. I was in the jet all four times ><

Edit: Got over it. I love the jets so much. Thanks for the games guys.

Pennybags said:
Perhaps he could be number 1 if I let him stay in the air.

Great games!

Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I only just unlocked the heat seeking missiles. Not really that difficult to bring someone down that can't really defend themselves :p

I can't turn the jet very fast with my mouse. Get behind me and I am fuckkkkkedddd

LordCanti

abuC said:
Spent 20 minutes trying to get into a game with no luck.

Did you try the auto-join script? There's a link in the beta thread I think. Otherwise, you've got to just spam "join" over and over until you get in.

achapel said:
Just donated. Was wondering if I could get two spots, one for me and one for my brother?

I would think so, but I can't be sure until Snrub returns from his trip tomorrow. We've discussed making it $5 per slot per month going forward, but I'm not sure if that's the final decision.

Make sure we have his Origin name so we can put him on the list.

achapel

LordCanti said:
Did you try the auto-join script? There's a link in the beta thread I think. Otherwise, you've got to just spam "join" over and over until you get in.
Here is the auto-join script I made: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114219

I would think so, but I can't be sure until Snrub returns from his trip tomorrow. We've discussed making it $5 per slot per month going forward, but I'm not sure if that's the final decision.

Make sure we have his Origin name so we can put him on the list.
Will do. I donated $50 btw, so if its $5 a slot per month, then that should be good for 5 months for the two of us.

scogoth

gillFTR said:
Someone had to suggest how about we ban stinger missiles off the gaf server?

How about we ban weapons and then run around hugging each other. What rational reason is there for banning stingers?

gillFTR

Spl1nter said:
how about we wait to play the game before we make uninformed decisions?

Helicopters are useless with them, let jets fight jets. BF2 seemed to work great without them. Stationary AA/ AA tanks are more than enough. Uninformed decisions, I don't think I stayed in the a helicopter for more than a minute. Dog fights are kind of stale with stingers shooting from you at the bottom, you fight the other jets so you have time to do air to ground...Everytime I play I spend time trying to dodge lock on missiles. IR flares 15 ~ second cd, while you get 7 stingers than take 3 seconds to reload. Don't get me fucken started. I'll say it again BF2 did it great with jets and helicopters why give more utility ground units when you nerf the air to ground damage. I must be totally uninformed. Are you flying jets and helicopters with great success or the same as you had in BF2 ?

Not trying to insult anyone, just super passionate. I was always a vehicle type of guy and I get the unlock system for vehicles, but not the stinger additions. For being the superior helo/jet against there jet/helo, you got rewarded by having free reign until they respawned for about 3 mins until the cycle started again. Don't get me started on the tanks they do the same dmg as fucken bad company tanks which felt totally underpowered compared to BF2 tanks. Countless times I put shells directly under someone only for the to run to cover, another story for another day since we can't fix that problem.

Spl1nter

gillFTR said:
Don't get me fucken started. I'll say it again BF2 did it great with jets and helicopters why give more utility ground units when you nerf the air to ground damage. I must be totally uninformed. Are you flying jets and helicopters with great success or the same as you had in BF2 ?

Jets and helicopters were not balanced in bf2, nothing except other air vehicles were a threat. 2142 did a nice job, infantry had stingers,but they only caused an emp, not actual damage. Basically discouraged aircraft from a certain area. 2142 easily had the best balance of any battlefield game; guess its a lot easier to balance however when you game is based in fiction.

Now if I had to make a way to balance the stinger in bf3, I would make a maximum distance requirement for lock on. It would require the air vehicle to be within a certain vicinity while still providing the function of controlling the air space around an infantry unit.

gillFTR

Spl1nter said:
Jets and helicopters were not balanced in bf2, nothing except other air vehicles were a threat. 2142 did a nice job, infantry had stingers,but they only caused an emp, not actual damage. Basically discouraged aircraft from a certain area. 2142 easily had the best balance of any battlefield game; guess its a lot easier to balance however when you game is based in fiction.

Now if I had to make a way to balance the stinger in bf3, I would make a maximum distance requirement for lock on. It would require the air vehicle to be within a certain vicinity while still providing the function of controlling the air space around an infantry unit.

I agree, but its not even close to that point right now. Especially the way caspian is designed with 4 flag points so close it would shut you down from that area. Maybe if there was 1 or 2 max missiles per engineer.

scogoth

Smokey said:
Applying for NA Central Platoon. I'm already in it in game, but not reflected in the OP.

Smokey - dboythagr9

OP list is no longer being updated. No point in applying now anyways, the beta is over and battlelog is being reset.

EDIT: Also if we are going multiplay there are Toronto servers available, hint hint nudge nudge =]

Top Bottom