• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Wazzim

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Are you guys having to accept friends every time you load up Origin? Off people who are already on your list, I mean.

It's really annoying.
No, I only had to accept them once.

causan

Is there a Neogaf west coast platoon? I would like to join it if there is. And looking for friends to play with.

causan | causan805

scogoth

causan said:
Is there a Neogaf west coast platoon? I would like to join it if there is. And looking for friends to play with.

causan | causan805

Don't think its created yet. Make one or wait for someone to make it.

gillFTR

LordCanti said:
Assuming that they don't raise the cap from 100, I guess that would be a nice extra incentive. I'm still not sure what they're doing with platoons, and I have no idea why there is a 100 person cap, but if that is something people want, it shouldn't be too hard to set up.

Yah extra incentive is always good. Plus it kind of sucks not to be in the main platoon, also the people donating are probably going to be most active.

abuC

I applied for the platoon managed by the Mighty Sp1nter, wise Cuban Legend and honorable scogoth, did I get in?

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
I applied for the platoon managed by the Mighty Sp1nter, wise Cuban Legend and honorable scogoth, did I get in?

Oh snap, you're playing on PC? Hell yeah :D

Make sure you friend me once the game goes live. Playing with you on PS3 was awesome.

Nome said:
Hey guys, Newegg has BF3 Limited Edition pre-order for $48, free shipping.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/596...3-limited-edition-preorder-ps3-xbox-360-or-pc
So you can save $12 on the front end, but be stuck paying $10 for the expansion pack that everyone else will get for free after launch with their full-price pre-order from EA?

JackEtc said:
Great idea making the regional platoons, applied for the NA East one (Jaklap).
we will kick much ass.

Nabs

Dreams-Visions said:
So you can save $12 on the front end, but be stuck paying $10 for the expansion pack that everyone else will get for free after launch with their full-price pre-order from EA?

All limited edition copies come with Karkand access.

JackEtc

Dreams-Visions said:
we will kick much ass.
Amen-Brother.jpg

Heysoos

Applied to NA Central. :) TWJayzoos. I really need to change my soldier's name lol. Feel free to add me if anyone wants to play.

Added a link to the GAF Mumble thread for the NA-East Platoon, so you guys can join us in mumble for some latency-free high quality VOIP.

Nabs

Cuban Legend said:
Added a link to the GAF Mumble thread for the NA-East Platoon, so you guys can join us in mumble for some latency-free high quality VOIP.
You can hear Cuban rage in HD!

abuC

1stStrike said:
Oh snap, you're playing on PC? Hell yeah :D

Make sure you friend me once the game goes live. Playing with you on PS3 was awesome.

What's your name on there, mine is the same.

This is the first PC game I'll play online, hopefully I can be useful to the GAF PC machine!

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
Noticed you guys have been playing a lot on the VA Multiplay servers...still happy with them?

Been playing on one for a while now. No real issues to report.

Edit: I think my ping was in the 50 range (from here in the mid-western US) and I didn't experience any issues during the hour or so I was playing.

I'm asking Multiplay about the terms of the deal. Trying to figure out if we'd stay at the $1 a slot rate for months 2+ if we only pre-order one month. I know the answer is likely no, but I'm still wary of paying them hundreds of dollars without having even really been able to test their 64 player servers (except for a few rounds I managed to get in on their VA server while Caspian was still up).

They'd be giving us two months for free essentially, so it's difficult to say no in any case.

Onemic

onemic | karsios (applied for NA east)

liking what ive seen so far minus the bugs(tons of em) and random instances of people one shooting me.(anyone else been getting that?) I feel as if it might be lag or dice just has some more bug fixing to do.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
What's your name on there, mine is the same.

This is the first PC game I'll play online, hopefully I can be useful to the GAF PC machine!

Wow, first one eh? So poppin' your cherry? :)

My nick on there is the same as PS3 - Striketh. I just deleted the PS3 beta off my my PS3 - I'm done with that shit. This game was meant to be played on PC and that's where I'll be staying.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
I sure do like the emphasis on team play in the new point structure!

OswLD.png

I'm not sure how they'd fix it. "Stayed within walking distance of an MCOM - 500 points", "Ran towards the MCOM after it got armed - 500 points", etc. I agree that they've emphasized killing to the point where it's the only way to amass a large number of points though.

FUCK SPAWN CAMPERS, THERE I FUCKING SAID IT. YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE, FUCKERS.

GOD DAMN IT I HATE THIS DAMN GAME. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Kaper

Cuban Legend said:
FUCK SPAWN CAMPERS, THERE I FUCKING SAID IT. YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE, FUCKERS.

Have you broken any keyboards when raging at games at all, Cuban Legend? If the answer is yes we may have found our Yoshichan of BF3!

Kaper said:
Have you broken any keyboards when raging at games at all, Cuban Legend? If the answer is yes we may have found our Yoshichan of BF3!
no, i just ragequit after 2 hours of being spawn camped.

its hard to stop playing this lovely game even though i might be hating every second of it.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:

28vysr4lezm.gif

Edit: Just got a tweet back from Multiplay. If we pre-order a month from them, we'll stay at the $1 a month rate as long as we keep renewing. This is excellent, because we can pre-order that first month, try them out, and if we don't like them there is no obligation to stay. If we do like them, we'd still only pay $1 a slot for as long as we rent the server.

"clanforge Multiplay Clanforge
@BF3GAF Price is secured for the life of the service, so as long as you keep renewing it'll still be $1/ slot"

Any last minute reasons why we shouldn't go with Multiplay?

LordCanti said:
28vysr4lezm.gif

Edit: Just got a tweet back from Multiplay. If we pre-order a month from them, we'll stay at the $1 a month rate as long as we keep renewing. This is excellent, because we can pre-order that first month, try them out, and if we don't like them there is no obligation to stay. If we do like them, we'd still only pay $1 a slot for as long as we rent the server.

"clanforge Multiplay Clanforge
@BF3GAF Price is secured for the life of the service, so as long as you keep renewing it'll still be $1/ slot"

Any last minute reasons why we shouldn't go with Multiplay?

Yeah, dudes! I was bitching about it the whole time you all were on the other team and then when some of you got switched, THEN the communal bitching started
lol.gif
Although I don't think you were there yet, Canti.

The super cheap preorder deal also lasts till Oct 25th, so no rush, but I'm fine with committing.

Menelaus

Banned
LordCanti said:
I agree that they've emphasized killing to the point where it's the only way to amass a large number of points though.
Huh? I was saying that it's funny that I had nearly the same amount of points despite having an AWFUL game as far as kills were concerned. Was doing nothing but M-COM maintenance and revives.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Menelaus said:
Huh? I was saying that it's funny that I had nearly the same amount of points despite having an AWFUL game as far as kills were concerned. Was doing nothing but M-COM maintenance and revives.

Yep. I think its pretty well balanced. Especially when the rest of the maps open up with vehicles, there will be a whole lot more to do in terms of support, much like BC2. I tend to heal/revive, re-supply and spot and lay covering fire, so I hardly get many kills, but I always end up mid pack in terms of points.

Pennybags

LordCanti said:
I'm not sure how they'd fix it. "Stayed within walking distance of an MCOM - 500 points", "Ran towards the MCOM after it got armed - 500 points", etc. I agree that they've emphasized killing to the point where it's the only way to amass a large number of points though.

Maybe decreasing kill scoring slightly on 32 player Rush matches?

Seemed to work fine on Caspian Border servers, where the action is spread out.

DangerStepp

Cuban Legend said:

:lol

That's more or less how it came out. XD
Had fun playing, though. Wish you would have stuck it out with the losing team

DangerStepp said:
:lol

That's more or less how it came out. XD
Had fun playing, though. Wish you would have stuck it out with the losing team

There were some shady actions on the other team's part, as well. That's not just the loser in me talking--last set of MCOM's as a defender, I was getting killed immediately in my spawn by someone still in the subway, time after time.

I don't even think that GAF, as a team, played that bad. Had good scores and K/D's.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mr. Snrub said:
Regardless, they've already confirmed they've increased the MCOM point incentive in the final. Beta is ooold.

I think they have confirmed so many things to be changed/fixed that most issues people still bring up seem to be obsolete. I hope its true.

For me, playing on PC, if they fixed the falling through the map, and balanced some of the overpowered/odd things like the mega-flashlight I will be happy for a long time to come.

As a side note, any feedback on a pair of headphones like the JVC HARX700?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013OWPV4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thinking of picking those up and a microphone to go with them.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DangerStepp

Mr. Snrub said:
There were some shady actions on the other team's part, as well. That's not just the loser in me talking--last set of MCOM's as a defender, I was getting killed immediately in my spawn by someone still in the subway, time after time.

I don't even think that GAF, as a team, played that bad. Had good scores and K/D's.
That's pretty ridiculous. Spawn campers or bots, which do you reckon?
Also, what's up, Punkbuster? Where ya at?

Top Bottom