• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Ryu

I'll be playing Assault/engineer - and yes, I revive and heal people as well as repair vehicles and shoot down planes and helicopters properly. I also plan to donate to the server just so I can play with people who actually care about the objective and not just padding their K:D ratio or sniping on a map when they should be planting bombs.

Bloodwall on Origin and in Battlelog. Same as my 360 and PSN ID. I'm on the west coast.

Mully

I want to double dip on both PC and 360, but I can only get one at launch. I'm thinking PC, I feel God will smite me down if I buy on 360 first.

Just got back from not having internet access for a week. Some updates:

-$501.85 raised so far. FUCK YEAH
-39 donors

I think it sounds like we all want Multiplay servers. I also noticed that in the beta thread, while there were a number of laggy Caspian servers this weekend, GAF had a lot of good things to say about Multiplay specifically.

I'll be purchasing the server by the end of this week, if all goes well and I work out some details with Canti!

Alright guys, I'm buying tomorrow: http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/bf3-battlefield-3/

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

We're getting debranded--we have more than enough money for it.

f7NOt.gif

TheExodu5

Banned
Chicago always has really nice servers. Virginia isn't too bad either.

edit: yeah, I'll vote for Chicago, if there is any vote. Out of experience they've always had the best infrastructure in place for low ping game servers. New York is okay, but not nearly as good for the West Coasters.

Menelaus

Banned
Do we get a little custom picture space to use on the loading screen?

Because I reeeeeally want to cram a version of this in there if so (without the donate bit)!

9urhx4.jpg

Spl1nter

Menelaus said:
Do we get a little custom picture space to use on the loading screen?

Because I reeeeeally want to cram a version of this in there if so (without the donate bit)!

http://oi51.tinypic.com/9urhx4.jpg

Fix that shit up. Cuban should be getting team killed by me.

No new york server. Chicago or Virginia are the best choices, but Virginia is slightly more favourable for accommodating those Euro bastards.

achapel

I vote Chicago or something closer to the west coast. But ping isn't as big a deal, VA at 100ms wasn't too bad.

Can't wait.

Amagon

Somebody recommend me this thread since I have no friends to play with for BF3 on the PC. Sup ya'll! I would of added my name in the NeoGAF NA East Platoon but battlelog is offline til the release. I'm gonna donate but how does the reserves slot work? Do I put down my Neogaf and Origin user name in the "special note" section on paypal? What x amount of money that x months to have a reserve slot in the server? Sorry with the noob questions.

scogoth

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Somebody recommend me this thread since I have no friends to play with for BF3 on the PC. Sup ya'll! I would of added my name in the NeoGAF NA East Platoon but battlelog is offline til the release. I'm gonna donate but how does the reserves slot work? Do I put down my Neogaf and Origin user name in the "special note" section on paypal? What x amount of money that x months to have a reserve slot in the server? Sorry with the noob questions.

All the Platoons will be recreated on launch day but there may be some checking of GAF membership to apply because I had about 5 randoms apply. We'll worry about that when we get there.

Donating you just add your gaf name and origin name to the "special note" section and Mr. Snrub will make sure you have a reserved slot for the month you donated. Currently there is no minimum but there is talk of making it $5.

10 bucks to the server.

Oh and my random mrntdybtrsbgvrs account didn't show up in the beta. Luckily it was PjotStroganov. It does however show up in Battlelog so it can be kind of confusing when someone sees that random name in a friend invite.

scogoth

Menelaus said:
I couldn't get it to stop turning hard right constantly at neutral, so I just used my 360 pad for the beta instead.

I had that problem too but it fixed itself when I fully depressed left and right rudder. It seems like its recalibrated every time you enter a vehicle and going through the full rudder range re-centres it.

Spl1nter

Anton hold up on purchasing the server. I found another server provider and the prices they offer are quite tempting to say the least.

http://eoreality.com/

Using the code "extv" we get 15% off lifetime. Depending on who long you want to initially pay up front changes the discount we can get off the total price.

Monthly $63
Quarterly $56/month
Annually $44/month

The negative is no virginia based servers but they do have new york and chicago. If we are just going to go with single month recurring payments than I would say stick with multiplay. Dont forget to come up with a good name, and might as well get the free 64 player mumble server.

Spl1nter

Foliorum Viridum said:
It should be something really simple.

Long/obnoxious server names always bug me.

Beer Boobs and GAF 24/7 BF3

destined to be full 24/7

in reality I would say something along the lines of

[GAF] NeoGAF BF3

scogoth

Mr. Snrub said:
Goddammit, why you gotta do this, Spl1nter?

Alright, anyone play on EOR servers?

Also, any server name ideas?

I say stick with Multiplay because we know what there servers are like.

Server names? Keep it simple like, "NeoGAF BF3 Server - FREE BOOBS AND BEER - FRIDAY BF 1942 NIGHT"

EDIT: fuck beaten, slow ass campus internet

narcosis219 said:
NA West

narcosis219 - narcosis219

Is the server going to be East? I'm tempted to donate less if it is on the East :p

I wouldn't mind Chicago but those eurogaf will complain.

Spl1nter

Foliorum Viridum said:
Stuff like "beer and boobs" is the type of server names I avoid personally because I assume it will be full of twats.

good god you euro's are so presumptuous. "Bourbon and Breasts" is that better for you.

Menelaus

Banned
Stick with Multiplay. It's too late to go changing our mind now IMO, especially since we can't test out this other provider (that I've never heard of, to boot). Multiplay was rock solid during alpha and beta, and are a proven quantity.

NeoGAF - An Assfull of Spl1nters

Ryu

Dropped a 5 spot. Can't fucking wait. I hope by the time it comes out, I'm all done with Dark Souls. That game has a SERIOUS hold on me since the BF3 beta closed up shop.

Once again, Origin ID is Bloodwall. I'm on US-West and my vote is for Chicago.

Okay, my stupid American brain is having a conundrum. So the initial cost is around $400 USD, though it says I'll be charged 250 GBP:

OqLVn.png

However, 250 GBP converts to $450 USD.

3OyMv.png

Am I missing something? How much are we gonna pay? Granted, $450 for 6 months isn't that bad for the server quality, the Mumble server, and the money we have ($515 now).

achapel

Mr. Snrub said:
Okay, my stupid American brain is having a conundrum. So the initial cost is around $400 USD, though it says I'll be charged 250 GBP:

OqLVn.png

3OyMv.png

Am I missing something? How much are we gonna pay? Granted, $450 for 6 months isn't that bad for the server quality, the Mumble server, and the money we have ($515 now).
Notice you put 294 for GBP, not 249.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:

OqLVn.png

3OyMv.png

294 GBP doesnt equal 250 GBP :)

The conversions are right. You end up around 380 but then have to account for actual exchange rates.

And this is the guy we have managing our money!?!?!?!

:p

Top Bottom