• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Server bought. $403.10. That means we got $112 to blow on boobs, beer, and math lessons.

Payment Period: 6 Month(s)

Battlefield 3: 64 Players
Type: Public
Branding: Debranded
Default Name: NeoGAF Official Community Server
Voice Comms: Mumble - 64 Slots

We can always change the server name, too.

abuC

My new brothers in arms, what is a good gaming mouse? I played the beta with a controller, wasn't that bad to be honest but I'd like to play with a better mouse than the one I have.

Nabs

I personally use a much older version of this. I'm not ultra-pro, so there may be a better choice out there (maybe a Razer or something), but keep it in mind when picking up a new one.

Menelaus

Banned
Logitech 518 - the official mouse of BF3-GAF.

41BQVE1SXZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
Server bought. $403.10. That means we got $112 to blow on boobs, beer, and math lessons.

I'm confused on why you paid for six months in advance when we could have paid month to month for the same rate, but I'm glad that the time has finally come.

Just a few more weeks.

achapel

LordCanti said:
I'm confused on why you paid for six months in advance when we could have paid month to month for the same rate, but I'm glad that the time has finally come.

Just a few more weeks.
Probably so the money doesn't burn a hole in his virtual pocket.

Any confirmation about reserved slots, we should have a list somewhere, and for how long based on donations, just so there aren't any confusions about it.

squidyj

Spl1nter said:
better look at a razer mouse then. most of them are ambidextrous

I had a Lachesis for a while before it died. I found it sort of finicky but I might have just had it set poorly.

Also, Leafs suck. >_>

Also also, just once I'd like to know what a left-handed mouse feels like.

Spl1nter

squidyj said:
I had a Lachesis for a while before it died. I found it sort of finicky but I might have just had it set poorly.

Also, Leafs suck. >_>

Also also, just once I'd like to know what a left-handed mouse feels like.

Kesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssel

/depth

Deadly

Nabs said:
I personally use a much older version of this. I'm not ultra-pro, so there may be a better choice out there (maybe a Razer or something), but keep it in mind when picking up a new one.
Holy crap it's so much less expensive than in Canada.

scogoth

demolitio said:
Congrats on getting the server. Can't wait to play there with hopefully good and fair admins.

he...he..heheheheheeheheee...........BWHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHHAAA!!

Thats a good one. I plan on getting kicked everyday by abusing chat =)

Spl1nter

Deadly said:
Holy crap it's so much less expensive than in Canada.

hopefully you are not looking at best buy or other box store. Mice can be found for considerably cheaper through ncix or canada computers most likely.

demolitio

scogoth said:
he...he..heheheheheeheheee...........BWHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHHAAA!!

Thats a good one. I plan on getting kicked everyday by abusing chat =)
lol. I'm still sour over the admins that kick for the stupidest shit or just believing one sore loser when he called you a hacker. I got kicked the other day on BF P4F by accidentally running my jet into their chopper because I took a sharp turn to avoid a jet behind me and didn't even see the chopper until I was finished turning and it was two feet in front of me. But no, admin bitches and says bye to me and the message pops up that I'm getting kicked for ramming...

For a game that's all about crazy moments and chaos, that's the stupidest shit unless a guy is doing it repeatedly on purpose. But if a guy does it ONE time after flying the entire time on that map, you could at least give him a chance to explain himself.

scogoth

demolitio said:
lol. I'm still sour over the admins that kick for the stupidest shit or just believing one sore loser when he called you a hacker. I got kicked the other day on BF P4F by accidentally running my jet into their chopper because I took a sharp turn to avoid a jet behind me and didn't even see the chopper until I was finished turning and it was two feet in front of me. But no, admin bitches and says bye to me and the message pops up that I'm getting kicked for ramming...

For a game that's all about crazy moments and chaos, that's the stupidest shit unless a guy is doing it repeatedly on purpose. But if a guy does it ONE time after flying the entire time on that map, you could at least give him a chance to explain himself.

I've been kicked for killing an admin too many times. Spl1nter has been kicked repeatedly for just being too good.

On GAF the admins are going to be excellent and not dicks who abuse their power.

Spl1nter

demolitio said:
lol. I'm still sour over the admins that kick for the stupidest shit or just believing one sore loser when he called you a hacker.

I like when admins in BC2 kick me for a 'reserved slot or member' when the server is not even full; even if it is full, I am the top player on the server. Talk about coincidence.

^^^ Great minds -and players- think alike

demolitio

Spl1nter said:
I like when admins in BC2 kick me for a 'reserved slot or member' when the server is not even full; even if it is full, I am the top player on the server. Talk about coincidence.
Exactly. That was the hardest part about BC2 on PC. You had to find a good home server with calm, mature players who trust that you don't hack. BF2 was the same way as well.

zulfate

i wanna join! but my mic doesnt work on my computer, my headset was for my ps3 but it says it can work on pc too...it works but i think im going to need a mic or atleast a headset with a mic, any recommendations?

my origin name is: thesulfate

Mr. Snrub said:

Why would you ever want to change that name? It's perfect! >_>

I'm really excited about this! As soon as I've played on the server and can cinfirm the latency is fine I'm definitely going to throw more money into the pot :)

A separate Mumble server is really good too - we can have it so each squad has a room etc as well as separate teams and whatnot.

LordCanti said:

Just a few more weeks.

Lapse in judgement + years of sleeping in a mercury waterbed. Worry not, the good chaps at Multiplay have agreed to reduce it to 1-month renewal and refund us.

scogoth

Foliorum Viridum said:
Why would you ever want to change that name? It's perfect! >_>

I'm really excited about this! As soon as I've played on the server and can cinfirm the latency is fine I'm definitely going to throw more money into the pot :)

A separate Mumble server is really good too - we can have it so each squad has a room etc as well as separate teams and whatnot.

Naw free for all to encourage trash talking! If only there as some way in mumble to have ptt key for your room and another for the channel o_O?

Well when Orgun and I were playing in the beta and trying to organise tactics in the same squad it was hard on the GAF mumble server because new people came in and kept talking so we couldn't talk over them. We ended up joining a new room.

Of course sometimes we all want to be in the same room for chaos, but I would STRONGLY vote that we have lots of different rooms in our Mumble server so it's easy to get in to squads etc if that's your preference in a certain match.

Push to talk isn't really a good solution IMO because I don't like using that, I just have my mic open.

Menelaus

Banned
i really prefer squad-only chatting personally, just because even if everyone in the squad talks a lot, no one is getting drowned out.

if a quarter of a team talks alot, that's 8 voices at once which sucks balls if you have something important to say.

Exactly. It's not like all of the convo will be focused on the same thing like in some other games, either. You're too spread out and fighting your own battles. You want to be able to communicate to the players you're with (who 90% of the time will be your squad)

scogoth

Foliorum Viridum said:
Well when Orgun and I were playing in the beta and trying to organise tactics in the same squad it was hard on the GAF mumble server because new people came in and kept talking so we couldn't talk over them. We ended up joining a new room.

Of course sometimes we all want to be in the same room for chaos, but I would STRONGLY vote that we have lots of different rooms in our Mumble server so it's easy to get in to squads etc if that's your preference in a certain match.

Push to talk isn't really a good solution IMO because I don't like using that, I just have my mic open.

Well just don't join a room of 8+ people without PTT, someone will get mad at breathing/eating/feedback. I used to hate PTT but you just get used to it to the point where I press my PTT button in Skype out of habit!

And when we played with 6-10 Gaffers in Beta all in the same room we had no problem communicating commands and bitching about the broken build.

You'll learn to love it or lump it.

F1 GAF has heard more of my girlfriend than me at times.

But nah, I have my mic set up correctly, and like I said I don't want to be in those large convos in this game!

Menelaus

Banned
Just think of it like this: would you rather me make fun of your crappy mic and mountain dew slurping noises in front of 3 other people, or 31 other people?

Those are your options, people.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
And when we played with 6-10 Gaffers in Beta all in the same room we had no problem communicating commands and bitching about the broken build.

"Join my squad there is a spot."

"It wont let me."

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

scogoth

Menelaus said:
Just think of it like this: would you rather me make fun of your crappy mic and mountain dew slurping noises in front of 3 other people, or 31 other people?

Those are your options, people.

More entertaining when 31 people moan about slurping.

F1 GAF has been known to get a blast of my "getting ready to go out" playlist.

AKA a bunch of shit dubstep and dance. You guys will be dying for us to get a separate room for that.

scogoth

For the Mumble Server I think we should have

Root
||
\/
American____Russian____Lobby____GAF Radio
||..................||
\/..................\/
8 Squads____8 Squads

GAF Radio we can setup with request and playlist suggestions on the community site. Or Lovefool 24/7

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
GAF Radio we can setup with request and playlist suggestions on the community site. Or Lovefool 24/7

Its SC2 Mumble all over again! We should hijack sc2 gaf night next week and play lovefool.

Top Bottom